Sikhsangat Chat Room

Sewadar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not neccesarily, there can be a topic set out - like when you go onto the chat channel itself, heading will be the topic that'll give something for people to talk about.. Personal level ... other things as MSN is for that or so -- (no offence). I went on for 10 Mins or less yesterday, and when i was there we were talking about leicester here and how -----Baba Jaswant Singh Ji----- had come etc... So my time talking was alright. Some weird humor tho :umm: ..

anyway

Vjkk Vjkf - jaGGa

i reckon the chat room shud jus be for general chat, jus a way for users of this site to get to kno 1 another. build unity. if we use it for sikhi discussion then that fine too, but why do we need to wen we hav the forum for that? wat do others think?

I agree. We have the forum and if the purpose of this site is to learn about sikhi then how does a chat help? Chat's only purpose is to get to know people on a personal level. (no offence)

Thats your own opinion. Mine is that take for example the Gurbani room... there were some interesting discussions going on in there last night where even i learnt something. Again, it depends on everyones own intentions as to what they use the chat system for - some will be intent on getting to know others and making new friends, to others it will be a place to discuss things with each other on a live system rather than a forum which doesnt provide the answers people seek in real time...

Guest peacemaker
ps. isnt it better people talk in a moderated chat room rather than exchange MSN addys on the PM system?

It's an issue of trust, that's all. If someone has good morals, it won't matter where they chat, now will it?

Guest jap naam
i reckon the chat room shud jus be for general chat, jus a way for users of this site to get to kno 1 another. build unity. if we use it for sikhi discussion then that fine too, but why do we need to wen we hav the forum for that? wat do others think?

I agree. We have the forum and if the purpose of this site is to learn about sikhi then how does a chat help? Chat's only purpose is to get to know people on a personal level. (no offence)

Thats your own opinion. Mine is that take for example the Gurbani room... there were some interesting discussions going on in there last night where even i learnt something. Again, it depends on everyones own intentions as to what they use the chat system for - some will be intent on getting to know others and making new friends, to others it will be a place to discuss things with each other on a live system rather than a forum which doesnt provide the answers people seek in real time...

i would hav loved to go in da Gurbani room, but sum reason i cudn't enter no other rooms :umm:

ive tried saying that but my post was funily deleted grin.gif

i agree with those whom said that there should be certain topics people should discuss,maybe somehow enable users to create chat topics...just like how people can create threads on the forum?

Also some Q&A area where people whom are not very knowledgable can ask any questions they have regarding sikhi to more knowledgable people....however they need to make that anonymous perhaps?

when i went on yesterday it just seemed silly with random discussions about how tall some1 was.

it has potential though.