Sikhsangat Chat Room

Sewadar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

I'd just like to mention something that I saw in the room tonight which made me sick. Someone, who I felt took it too far, talked about how they were going to hang themselves and actually described the steps. I think they were joking, but who knows for sure. I won't say this person's name, but I feel this room should be monitored better.

Can someone from the Admin team look into this matter and please offer some reassurance to me and any other members who felt uncomfortable by this distasteful act?

Thanks in advance.

it's not strictly moderated, from what i've seen. i was just in the chat room and although there was nothing all that bad, it wasnt any sikhi discussion. also profanity was used, and the users said that it was 'after hours' and that there was no moderation at this time.

i would suggest to sevadaars to have a moderator not only present but also have a set topic of discussion based on sikhi - gurbani, current events, anything. the mod should ensure that the discussion doesnt get out of hand or off topic. this is a good resource but only if used wisely. otherwise it's just like any other chat room.