Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Description

does it hurt if we discuss the gurus height?

nah i think wat veerjee means to says is that usually with most "disussion" type topics on SS tend to blown into full scale debates and heated arguments (bhul chuck maafi not all but some)

its true it is the essence of 10th Patshah's teachings we should have great dicusiions on and not something so trivial as his pysical appearence

bhul chuck maafi

does it hurt if we discuss the gurus height?

nah i think wat veerjee means to says is that usually with most "disussion" type topics on SS tend to blown into full scale debates and heated arguments (bhul chuck maafi not all but some)

its true it is the essence of 10th Patshah's teachings we should have great dicusiions on and not something so trivial as his pysical appearence

bhul chuck maafi

yea thats wat i meant to say.

Tell me why cannot we discuss Guru Ji's appreance?

If you want to discuss more important matters why don't you go and start a new thread, or 5 more threads or 10 more threads, who is stopping you.

You do not need to contribute to this thread if you feel it trivial. Rather then waste your time adding meaningless posts here why don'y you start a post of your own where you can discuss what you want ?

If you want to discuss more important matters why don't you go and start a new thread, or 5 more threads or 10 more threads, who is stopping you.

You do not need to contribute to this thread if you feel it trivial. Rather then waste your time adding meaningless posts here why don'y you start a post of your own where you can discuss what you want ?

veerjee bhul chuck maafi if i caused you any offence.........it was most unconiously done no-one is saying not to dicuss, we live in a democracy and all people are entitiled to discuss what they want......but thing is exactly what i was saying..............even the smallest item of discussion is errupted into a massive debate and sometimes (and im not implying this to any one member as i, myself has also done this) the topic turns into one slagging off match and the origional topic is forgotton...............

but please feel free to keep discussing it but i just felt that if Guru Gobind was sitting here with us now would he want us to be delating aout his hieght or discussing the principles he taught us...........?

Thats all i meant and again apologies if i offended or upset anyone apne chotti behn samjee maaf kara....

waheguru jee ka khalsa whheguru jee ke fateh

Bahji, sorry if I sounded harsh, it was not my intention.

There are many topics to discuss, some very deep topics some not so deep. Sometimes it is nice to just chill out and have a discussion on something less controvertial where we can contribute without the hatchets and clubs. I think this is one of those, where people are bringing their own thoughts to how Guru Ji was, in the end we are still discussing/remembering our father, whether it is a topic on gurbani or something like this, that is all.

Guest Dancing Warrior

In pratan times a persons shastars were made according to their size, forearm size, hand size etc. In my possession I have various shastars from all over India. The southern swords etc seem to be smaller hand grips but full size blades, some longer, whilst the northern ones have larger fittings, makeup, the European ones are the largest.

Now from what I understand and it would help if others come in here with their knowledge I have a Tegh a modern one forged by Buddha Dal, supposedly it is meant to be a replica in dimensions as one of Guru Gobind Singh jis Shastras. Now I’ve applied the 12 mout/ fist measurement and its pretty in par with my hand and my size, and I’m about 5.10. I know the science is crude because it doesn’t take in to regard the idea of a short, heavier boned person with wider hands.