Help Me Destroy Kaam

Guest Fighting Kaam

I have been fighting kaam as well. In the past couple of months I have got a TON better, however I am married so that definitely help... but not as much as everyone thinks IMHO. I read this post a while back, but I was trying to think about what exactly has helped me so much recently. Few tips:

1. Stay busy being productive and social. Being social with buddies/classmates etc really helps.

2. One look is ok, two is not. Its ok to look at a pretty girl and appreciate it.... thats perfectly normal. Just do not give yourself that second look... that second look is where kaam is IMHO.

3. If you fail, turn it into a positive. I think the guilt is what screws us over, especially as young bucks. Instead of indulging yourself more after a failure... make yourself do as much good as you can to make up for it. (ex: seva, cut the grass, hit the gym, etc.) This reverses the momentum of indulging in kaam, and fills you with positive feelings. Negativity fuels kaam because it destroys your self respect, and self respect is the antithesis of kaam.

Fateh!

we all have different issues...we do paath everyday to fight them life is soo hard!! could always be worse.... heaven and hell are here in this world when we get something we love we get attatchement with w/e that is.. when its gone we get depressed and sad. its not one person who has attatchment, kam krodh lobh hankaar we all have it unless we have guru jis kirpa ... we wake up everyday to fight.. life is a fight..

read the shbd kaam karodhh nagar mehi sabalaa nith out(h) out(h) joojh kareejai ||

Sexual desire and anger are very powerful in the body-village; I rise up to fight the battle against them.

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4829