The Last Thought

Jassika

The final thing you think about before you die is what determines where you go in your next life correct? So to become one with God your last thought needs to be waheguru. Since that last second is what counts why waste time the rest of your life? I mean of course its good to remember God throughout your life but doesnt have to be too much like people build on it like it counts. The same way people are proud for earning a lot of money religious people are proud for knowing shabads, etc. My point is that some basic religion is important to have because it reminds you of good values you should have but it's not so important to read path everyday the way it's written when you can't understand the words.

Bhul Chuk Maf

The final thing you think about before you die is what determines where you go in your next life correct? So to become one with God your last thought needs to be waheguru. Since that last second is what counts why waste time the rest of your life? I mean of course its good to remember God throughout your life but doesnt have to be too much like people build on it like it counts. The same way people are proud for earning a lot of money religious people are proud for knowing shabads, etc. My point is that some basic religion is important to have because it reminds you of good values you should have but it's not so important to read path everyday the way it's written when you can't understand the words.

Bhul Chuk Maf

WEll you still got to get RID of the DIRT OF 'JANMA, JANMA di Mail'

and I mean..you usually tihnk aobut what u usually think of all day I mean

if you think of a Women all day..

and might might be RUNDOWN by a bus anytime, and probability is taht right then U'll be thinking of a Women (that is if a man does it tongue.gif )

ANG 526

|| 1 || Deluded by doubt, O Jai Chand, you have not realized the Lord, the embodiment of supreme bliss. || 1 || Pause || You eat in each and every house, fattening your body; you wear the patched coat and the ear-rings of the beggar, for the sake of wealth. You apply the ashes of cremation to your body, but without a Guru, you have not found the essence of reality. || 2 || Why bother to chant your spells? Why bother to practice austerities? Why bother to churn water? Meditate on the Lord of Nirvaanaa, who has created the 8.4 million species of beings. || 3 || Why bother to carry the water-pot, O saffron-robed Yogi? Why bother to visit the sixty-eight holy places of pilgrimage? Says Trilochan, listen, mortal: you have no corn - what are you trying to thresh? || 4 || 1 || GUJRI: At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. || 1 || O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. || Pause || At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute. || 2 || At the very last moment, one who thinks of his children, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again as a pig. || 3 || At the very last moment, one who thinks of mansions, and dies in such thoughts, shall be reincarnated over and over again as a goblin. || 4 || At the very last moment, one who thinks of the Lord, and dies in such thoughts, says Trilochan, that man shall be liberated; the Lord shall abide in his heart. || 5 || 2 ||

Composed by Bhagat Trilochan Sahib mellow.gif

Original in Gurmukhi:

Translation ;)

Straigh translation as above:

rtanslation2 :(

bhull chukk maaf :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

its important to read paath every day... our goal is to do paath 24/7 . saas saas simro gobind- each breath we take remember him.. we should try reading gurbani, and if yes, we will understand one day by his kirpa

gur bin ghor andaar guru bin samaj na aavai-without the guru we cant understand..

Theres a shabad

starts with

ant kaal jo lashmi simrai, aisi chinta mai je maraii--- check it out on www.sikhitothemax.com

it tells us of what kind of thoughts lead us to become what kind of animal or form

Guest balwinderkaur

well said khalsacrazed. jassika if u think only the last moments count, ahh i think thats not true. as a human we're carrying sins of countless births and its important to wash off these sins. hmm well lets see from your point of view, say i dont pray all my life and i take a cruise to the Mediterranean to enjoy my retirement...suddenly the ship starts to sink cuz of a collision....will i have time to remember god??? NO WAY...the only thing ill be thinking is how do i get outta this ship or how do i stay afloat....our mind and body will be fighting to stay alive and when u see jamms approaching u, the fear of those jaamms are sooooo GREAT, you forget everything.*ive seen, some people a few moments before they depart, they scream like crazy complaining about a hideous figure coming at them...their fear is soooo great, they turn white and release excreta and liquid waste...the fear of jamms is that great* at that point u wish u could say VAAHEGUROO once, you do wish to remember god but sorry mate times up, your fear and duality has numbed you...you cant recite gods name. bhagt kabeer jee has said: ehi tera ausar eh teri baar..... keh kabeer jeet kai haar baho bidh kehyo pukaar pukaar. not that im saying its worthless remmebering gods name at the last second, there are stories of Ajamal papee who was saved when he recited raam for the first time in his life and many others. But we shouldnt take this for granted y'know? I hope im making sense here.... i seem to be babbling alot today...forgive me if ive offended anyone. Sorry.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

im the biigest moorakh but what bahgat jee wanted to say is "anth kaal' do any of us know when is our anth kaal the answer is "NO" our death is when no one knows so the main motto of bahgat jee was naam jap swas swas so that we can remm god and when we die that time also we naam jap so bhagat je said "anth kaal" wich we dont know when its gonna come jee .

I heard a Sakhi about Guru Gobing Singh Ji in a tape of Bhai Harbans Singh Jaghadhari wale. It goes like this:

One day yogis came to visit Sahib-E-Kamal Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. The yogis asked Guru Ji a question:.

Guru Ji, why do you say your Sikhs are 'jeevan mukat', since it is hard to get 'mukti' even after death, and it is not even guarantee that you will get mukti after dying. We have to do a lot of 'tap' and 'tapasaya', and have to bear many 'kashat' on our body in order to achieve mukti after death, and inspite of doing all this, mukti is still not guaranteed. But you say your Sikhs are 'jeevan mukat' (meaning, they have achieved mukti while they are alive)? How is this possible?

Guru Ji replied:

My Sikhs have given their 'man', 'tan', and 'dhan' to their Guru. When they listen to Gurbani Keertan and do Naam Simran, they give their 'man' to the Guru. They take dasvandh out of their earnings and gave it to the Guru, they give their 'dhan' to their Guru. When there is a need of a head, they don't hesitate, oh aapne Guru ton sir vi kurban kar dende han, they give their 'tan' to their Guru. If this kind of person is not 'jeevan mukat', then who else would be?

Yogis were astonished hearing this.

Khalsa Ji, if we do not get mukti while alive, we will never get it after death, because Guru's Sikh receives mukti before death, not after.

bhul chuk di khima...

i think everyone here summed it all up that if you don't have the rememberence ofwaheguru in your life then at the time of death you will not be able to remember him. Only those who have rememberd him when they were alive will be able to remember him at the time of death. So just waiting for death to come and recite his name is not an easy task. As Balwinderkaur ji pointed out, you are overwheled by the experience you are going thru that to remember waheguru is the last thing on your mind, all you want to do is to stay alive.

JSingh Posted on Jan 19 2004, 01:34 AM

I heard a Sakhi about Guru Gobing Singh Ji in a tape of Bhai Harbans Singh Jaghadhari wale. It goes like this:

One day yogis came to visit Sahib-E-Kamal Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. The yogis asked Guru Ji a question:.

Guru Ji, why do you say your Sikhs are 'jeevan mukat', since it is hard to get 'mukti' even after death, and it is not even guarantee that you will get mukti after dying. We have to do a lot of 'tap' and 'tapasaya', and have to bear many 'kashat' on our body in order to achieve mukti after death, and inspite of doing all this, mukti is still not guaranteed. But you say your Sikhs are 'jeevan mukat' (meaning, they have achieved mukti while they are alive)? How is this possible?

Guru Ji replied:

My Sikhs have given their 'man', 'tan', and 'dhan' to their Guru. When they listen to Gurbani Keertan and do Naam Simran, they give their 'man' to the Guru. They take dasvandh out of their earnings and gave it to the Guru, they give their 'dhan' to their Guru. When there is a need of a head, they don't hesitate, oh aapne Guru ton sir vi kurban kar dende han, they give their 'tan' to their Guru. If this kind of person is not 'jeevan mukat', then who else would be?

Yogis were astonished hearing this.

i guess the name of the cassette is LOGAN

RAM KHILONA JANA ;) ...das also has it ^_^ ...its amazing :(

Waheguru jio,

Here is a good modern example i heard from a singh.

There was a singh who had soo much pride in him. Says he can do anything remember this remember that. One day (btw hes a wannabe actor), his script writer told him that in this next film you only have 2 words to say. "Mai Hanuman Hu" when Ravan appears. So this person thinks to himself why do i have to practice. All i have to do is say these two words ... thats it... twos words... and i get my pay ... everyhthin is over ... done ... done ... done....

So the day comes... hes rdy to go on stage ... comes about ... hes rdy he says to himself... but when a big ravan came in front of him, declaring hes ravan king of lanka... he shakes and trembles and in stead of saying im hanuman... he says ... ohh sorry im jsut a normal human being please forgive me....

Not a bad example .. no ? I dont think i need to explain it any more... self explanatory ... rolleyes.gif

bul chuk maph