Bhangra

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive just read this whole topic and found it quite interesting..........

Today i heard a bollywood track from some film and i listened to the lyrics and applied it to god

the song went

Sajanah de vaari vaari jahu jee meh tuhee toh meri sansar hai aisa mera pyaar hai

i cud be wrong but i thought it meant

im a sacrife to my saajan and you are my world and this is how strong my love is for u

why cant we look past the surface and see waheguru in all things cos i think if u look deep enough u will find Him

Remain apart of the world yet detached and remember that God resides in all things..........cos this is His creation

bhul chuck maafi

Waheguru Jee ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

i dunno if its right or wrong ....i dont think its apart of sikhi...bhsangra is a punjabi cultural thing...dont mix the two...and how often do u hear "real" bhangra....always the same crap with sluts(sorri 4 the language) dancing in the videos,drinking and stsrting beef 4 dumb reasons....if anything pretty opposite to sikhi

then theres those rare tunes that talk about the real stuff....but how often do those come around?

bhai what your talking about isnt bhangra...thats whats known as "uk punjabi <admin-profanity filter activated>"...has nothing to do with true bhangra as much as people think it does...and i agree...the songs with meanings arent about anymore...song by chamkila, manak, shinda, faqir, ashiq jatt, asa mastana, Rangila jatt, yamla jatt etc....they aint about anymore.

no doubt ...old school bhangra was the bomb

but u cant deny that this "bhangra" u hear today isnt bhangra....time changes so does the material....and it aint onli uk...i see plenty of crap in videos from punjab singer and their lyrics.

similar to rap/hip hop....nas's latest album "hip hop is dead" he said and its the truest thing ever....it aint the same either cuz it changed with time....but its still concidered hip hop

peace

Guest Narinder Singh
^Narinder veer, tu mere viah te bhangra payein ga?? Papi bai ne ta pauna, hun tu dass de tongue.gif

Of course man! I'm gonna get on papis shoulders and let out a lambi hekh with my hand on my ear!

Guest Narinder Singh
o meri dhueee tor tiii tuu hai hai

Theres no better place to break your tuhee than at B4ND4's wedding!

brrrruuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:umm: woohoo.gifhigh5.gif