Bhangra

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh dear lord

i am very surprised that so many gursikh amritdharis see nothing wrong with dancing

first to akiratghan and bandar, it is funny how you always seem to think other peoples interpretations of gurbani is incorrect and your interpretations are always bang on.

dancing to music for entertainment is wrong. no 2 ways about it. what is the point? lets think about that.

why would you dance to any tune? let it be songs with bad words or whatever.

a gursikh dancing to music, is the most embarassing thing ive seen.

dumala, bana, and dancing around like clueless people.

at a wedding, at anywhere, we shouldnt be listeing to or dancing to any music. listen to keertan

and i think that we should do deeper veechar on gurbani, rather than thinking we are always correct

remember there are more than one way to interpret gurbani.

what is the point in dancing?

answer me that and we can move on in this debate.

lets imagine gursikhs of the past, baba jarnail singh, baba gurbachan singh, baba isher singh, baba pooran jee, baba harnaam singh, bhai randhir singh. can you imagine any of them dancing to bhangra?

first to akiratghan and bandar, it is funny how you always seem to think other peoples interpretations of gurbani is incorrect and your interpretations are always bang on.

umm.. i always try not to bring gurbani in such matters and the shabds given here have got nothing to do with bhangra. If you think the shabds posted by sangat here are right thn kindly explain what the shabd is saying. I am not even close to understanding bani so i rarely post a shabd on the forum. But i strongly feel whtever has been posted here has got nothing to do with bhangra/dancing.

Regarding the rest of my posts i am just having FUN as the thread is in the fun section. I don't dance but i do shake my booty while i am cooking. I am no one to tell people that they are wrong but yes i love to discuss and get their views.

Baba ji tusi ta daang le ke bande de piche pe jaane ho. I love ju man <_< will always do :wubc: