I Think I Accidently Had Alcohol?

JustME

See most of medications we use are actually alcohols chemically. But they are not ethanol that is used as for Drinking purposes. Even the Tylenol(paracetamol) is an alcohol chemically i suppose (coz it ends with -ol).

paracetamol?????? :wub: :wub: :wub:

okay putting a sikhi perspective on it...................when we suffer physical pain................shud we take painkillers knowing they alcohol based ?

Cos i feel bad now.............shudnt i just to adrass behnti to maharaj to take away the pain?

See as a Sikh we are supposed to not take addiction causing things. All Alcohols(chemically) are not addiciting, so there shud be no worry over taking paracetamol.Paracetamol albeit an alcohol chemically does not cause addiction as such. We must not take ethanol( an alcohol subtype)

this is probably something that's going to vary from person to person.... depending on their own interpretations and experiences in bani..

some people won't efel right no matter what..if alcohol is involved they will not ever take a pill because they feel that it would be wrong of them as Guru's Sikhs to take it.

others will feel different.. i for one also think that if it's medication, it's okay.. you're trying to limit your pain and suffering, and if it means that you can do more baani/naam/seva because ofi t, then i'm all for it... but i know people who feel that alcohol is alcohol, kureiht is kurehit no matter what the situation..

kinda like removal of hair for emergency surgery... alot of people point to baba kartar singh ji bhindranwallay (i think...vaheguru, confusing between baba gurbachan singh ji), who refused to be operated on because it would have meant the removal of his kesh, and he died from his injuries.

OF COURSE, that quickly resorts to a mudslinging match of "what, you think you're better than sant ji that you think it's okay to remove kesh for life/death purposes?"....

haha, but all in all, it's going to vary from person to person..