Struggling..

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

Keep amrit vela up

Do as much simran "Repetion of Vaheguru"

Read or listen to as much as gurbani as possible.

Become humble and respect parents.

MOST IMPORTANTLY ARDAS!! ARDAS IS VERY POWERFUL!!

TRY TO KEEP SANGAT OF GURSIKHS AND ATTEND LOCAL GURDWHARA

READ UP ON SIKHI - OUR GREAT SHAHEEDS AND THE PAINFUL TORTURES THEY WENT THROUGH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sangat Ji,

i would like to take this opportunity for all the advice offered give to me, i really appreciate it. I am sorry to hear that many other people are going through such traumas as i know how hard it is. I try and do ardaas but trying to learn it while having to close the internet screen due to parents keep walking in and out makes it harder. I feel like a balloon just wanting to burst and practise sikhi to its full extent, however, this is gurus sweet will. I have been told that if i lead the sikhi way of life secretly my parents will know this, i beg to differ, no offence to anyone but they more than likely would just recognise my behaviour changing for the better but no where near relate it to towards sikhi. Also no way would i ever, whether i found out about sikhi or not, i will never drink or smoke etc etc. My parents can push me all they wont to have a little shandy but im not budging! lol. I find the meat issue as well as hair cutting hard, i am going off meat to much of my delight through vaaheguroos blessing, i am not allowed to stop as my parents know its sikhi related but i want to stop for sikhi, for animal cruetly to cease and because its becoming fouler. If i was then allowed to be vege which i would never be alowed to be in the presence of my family i would have to force feed down many vegetables which are so unsatisfactory to my tastebuds. However, sorry for drifting away i am just fed up of being this fake person and fed up of trying to please everyone and me sinning and suffering and nearly crying everytime i shave, eat meat etc as i know it is wrong. Take care,

Khalsa 123

lol

ur an inspiring dude :wub:

rockon.gif

Hang in there buddy, you're going through some extremely hot fires, but perhaps Guruji is making YOU into a beloved steel sword. Perhaps one day you'll look back and help inspire other white kids wanting to follow Sikhi. Who knows what great things, what great missins you're headed for. Just hang in there. It'll get much easier after high-school is over. The peer pressure leaves; folks in college are more mature and accepting to long haired hippies (you can start keping your hair then I suppose :wub: ).

I've personally seen a few cases where kids had to leave their homes to practice their sikhi (and i'm taklking of punjabi households here!). I saw them struggle at first, but somehow Guruji gets them in contact with the right type of people, and today they are living away from home and more happy then even people like me who have a loving Gursikh family.

Give some thought to the eventual move-out ( that's what white kids do anyway, right?? sorry if this was stereotyping).

Just keep this one single unbreakable faith in Guruji that he will not abandon you. Just make sure you don't desert him.

aaaaaaaaaw veer every one why tries to follow Guru Jee's path, is tested and tested and tested and no-one sed it was gonna be easy...........i can kinda relate to wot u going threw cos as im getting closer to sikhi i feel there is a bigger gap widening between me and my the people i share a pysical relationship with........i.e family loved ones etc etc

but veer u are truly blessed for hanging in there and not loosing faith..................sometimes we need to let go of all these worries and concerns.........remember veer if Waheguru has choosen you to follow his path then ur FOLKS are no-one to stand in the way...............when they try and de-fer you from guru jee's path pray to waheguru to forgive them for their mistakes as they have not discovered the beauty of sikhi as you have (through wahegurus kirpa)...............never argue back bcos somewhere in their minds they care about u and will always want wot is best for you but sometimes people fear the unknown and maybe this is wot ur folks are going threw/.........tey cant accept the changes you are going threw but they still care about you.............this does not mean you have to turn ur back on sikhi............if anything this should strenghten you faith and resolve to come closer to sikhi cos remember bani says and the one who truly loves God not only saves himself but saves his entire family.................... :TH:

You have come this far veer dont back down now............................and wherever negatives thoughts come into your head........................u push them away with reciting bani..................just let go and Waheguru will do the rest my veer...............remember waheguru is right by ur side and talk to him about wot ur going through and how you feel.................and you will hear the reply from deep down inside you and all ur fears, doubts, insecurties and hurdles will melt away and all you'll be surroundered by is waheguru's love and great kirpa.................

May waheguru always keep ju in chardi kalah

bhul chuck maafi

I went through the same kinda thing with my parents too and it lasted about a good 7months... But all is well now and they have accepted it all. Don't get any more hassle lol

Everything Gurujee throws at us is for a reason. He's trying to make you stronger and like everyone has said already...keep up the Simran and Ardas :wub: it will work and you'll be fine.

Your doing wicked and your a great inspirtation to loads of people out there.

Dear Khalsa123 Ji.

Educate your parents. Most people are able to see the merits of Sikhism.

I will be very surprised if they don’t understand where you coming from.

Be more nicer then you are, Forgive everybody and stay humble and mean it.

At the same time try to learn and educate your near and dear ones with mild healthy discussions. Never loose the temper or disrespect anybody even if they do it to you.

Mother fathers are valuable so are the siblings and friends, so don’t forget to value them , yes they can be ignorant and lack understanding but that is not a reason you should become hostile to them.

Slow and steady education will do wonders. If you have any particular issue then don’t hesitate to contact me via email

You seems wise enough to handle most of the things. But help is available if required to deal with any particular issue.

So dear Ji don’t lose heart , stay in Chardi Kala and think it is an education for you and your surroundings. So enjoy the learning process you will come out as refined person once you have gone through these tough and long uncomfortable times.

Feel free to email me in any case.

Don’t let the negative feeling grow inside you about your family, they just have not realised what is right yet, so their crime is not a crime. They are guilty of not knowing that’s all. Rest is just side effects of it. So as I said be kind and stay kind it will work.

Thanks

Kulwinder Singh

^ buddy....he cant even mention the word sikh

hes holding on

he aint falling off

hes doing gud

khalsa123

remmber that bani i showed u a while bak:

Dukh Daaroo, Sukh Roarg Paiyaa - 'Pain is the remedy, Happiness is the Disease'

(we remember God in hard times but we forget Him when things are going well....so if being in pain serves as a reminder of Guru Jee then this truly is the remedy!)

WAHEGURUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fateh jee to all,

I have just returned from a long weekend in Waels before i go on my initial holiday, i felt it a really relaxing experience and as i predicted my parents were ever more ferocious with their noose. I was asked if i wanted a small shandy - i declined. I declined to eat meat one night and i was given the benefit of the doubt. Vaaheguroo even blessed me with a calm discussion with my dad while we were driving in the sunset back to meet my mother and sister. We discussed many topics such as British politics etc and we got to religion and i explained a few things about sikhi although my father was ready to debate, i then ended the conversation and blessed him - although it was very hard. Anyways, just wanted to release my burden as it were.

Take care all of you, best wishes and god bless,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :WW: hug.gifblush21.gifblush.gif

Fateh jee to all,

I have just returned from a long weekend in Waels before i go on my initial holiday, i felt it a really relaxing experience and as i predicted my parents were ever more ferocious with their noose. I was asked if i wanted a small shandy - i declined. I declined to eat meat one night and i was given the benefit of the doubt. Vaaheguroo even blessed me with a calm discussion with my dad while we were driving in the sunset back to meet my mother and sister. We discussed many topics such as British politics etc and we got to religion and i explained a few things about sikhi although my father was ready to debate, i then ended the conversation and blessed him - although it was very hard. Anyways, just wanted to release my burden as it were.

Take care all of you, best wishes and god bless,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh! :WW: hug.gifblush21.gifblush.gif

im going through the exact same thing as you!!! my dad encourages me to eat meat, drink etc wtfs going on?? you would think your parents would support you but noooo does my head in mum even stops me from doing paat sometimes as she thinks im being too militant so she told me to stick to kirtan (as if). But you know what i think if you've come this far now you've defo bin blessed by guru ji so keep doing what your doing and dont let anyone get in the way of your sikhi. Your parents are just finding it difficult because your lifestyle is going to differ from theirs but when they see your dedication and realise how much it means to you they'll come round. Dont worry about it too much, things will change with time.