Hypocracy?

singh70

I know one Gurdwara (no names) that does that, whenever theres a MAJOR Smagam, ONLY Amrithdharee who wear a Keskee can prepare the Langar, minors like me just go a sit back down :wub: blush.gif its stoopid tho the whole concept that Gursikhs should only eat food prepared ONLY by Gursikhs, point is when Guru Nanak Dev Jee went to Bhai Laloh's house, he was PROPER poor, i don't remember Guru Nanak Dev Jee saying "oh nah can't eat from here, this man aint even Gursikh, plus he poor".

ban'no'tee type.... :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what gurdwara you should let people know me thinks :wub:

bhul chuk maf

lol nono no names....its only SOME Bibi'yah that throw that lecture at you, so its wrong of me to say the whole Gurdwara does it....jus randum Bibi'yah that come up all like :) at u :D :wub:

my personal opinion.. of a Guru Ka Sikh has been given hukam my Panj that he/she must only eat from the hands of an Amritdharee, then so be it, who are we to question the panj's hukam for that person? i dun have netin against people bein bibeki.. if they wanna do it, power to them... it DOES teach discipline, which is one ting dat we must try to improve in ourselves... buh to each his/her own...

however, in a public environment such as a gurdwara, i dun feel i's practical or even right to deny people (lanagar) seva if they aren't amritdharee... we shouldn't be denyin people seva in the first place ... (obviously there's some seva's that are supposed to be done by amritdharees).. in a gurdwara environment where probably the majority of the people are either monay or non-amritdharee, it would probably turn people away from sikhi... it would probably imply to them that Sikhi is 'cultish' and that Amritdharee's have ego's and tink lower of non-amritdharees (which many probably do)..

the whole point of seva is to do it wit prem n sharda... nobody is forcin those people go to the kitchen n do seva, they're doin it by their own choice... so obviously they have some WANT and prem n sharda to do seva... n I understand peoples ting bout 'u shud do bani/simran while doin langar seva'.. tha's right... we shud.. buh tha's nah to say that non-amritdharee's dun do bani while doing langar seva... and u can't say all amritdharee's do either...

so rather then puttin on a restriction on those who can and can't... we shud make an attempt to do it together.. for example.. if there's non-amritdharee's doin seva, and they're jus talkin bout nothingness, then we shud take da initiative, and join them in the seva, and ask them politely to do bani with us... simple as that... that way, we're showin them love, and also they get the Gun of doin bani as well...

i guess in the end we shud'n let our ego get the best of us... and treat people all equal... (nah to say that everybody who's 'bibeki' and 'amritdharee' has ego)

jus my thoughts..

Vaheguruuuuuuuuuu :wub:

Guest Narinder Singh
my personal opinion.. of a Guru Ka Sikh has been given hukam my Panj that he/she must only eat from the hands of an Amritdharee, then so be it, who are we to question the panj's hukam for that person? i dun have netin against people bein bibeki.. if they wanna do it, power to them... it DOES teach discipline, which is one ting dat we must try to improve in ourselves... buh to each his/her own...

If the Panj dont follow the hukam of the Guru panth how can you be satisfied with "so be it".

And please stop hijacking the term "bibek" as it has a very deep meaning that has nothing to do with what one eats. And what sort of discipline gets in the way of your everyday life? How is that discipline? I guess Hindus, Muslims and Bahai's who fast can use the same argument.

I have no problem with people who only eat from Amritdharis who took Amrit from their particular jatha, and who only eat from iron utensils on a white chadar (see how ridiculous that sounds?), but i do have a problem with individuals who stop non-amritdharis from doing seva at our guru-ghars. If the individual who is doing seva is following maryada of the guru-ghar, has properly washed his or her hands, isnt talking when doing seva and in fact has their mouths covered, there shouldn't be any problem.

I guess Sikhi is just too simple for people that they'll complicate it to find something to do.

Fateh.

right.. i apologize for usin the term 'bibek' so loosely... i kno that bibek in itself means 'knowledge', and the meanin has nuttin to do wit food... buh i jus used it because it was jus easier to write that...

i dun understand ur comment on 'not following hukam of the panth'... also, i dun get ur comment bout 'what sort of discipline gets in the way of ur everyday life' -- how does only eatin from amritdharee's "get in the way"? please explain... if a person wishes only to eat from amritdharees, tha's their own thing... i mean i cud say the same ting as nitnem - "it gets in the way of my everyday life, i don't get as much sleep as I used to"....

again.... i's that persons own personal choice.. n also as i said above, in terms of gurdwara's i dun tink nebody shud be stopped from seva....

right.. i apologize for usin the term 'bibek' so loosely... i kno that bibek in itself means 'knowledge', and the meanin has nuttin to do wit food... buh i jus used it because it was jus easier to write that...

i dun understand ur comment on 'not following hukam of the panth'... also, i dun get ur comment bout 'what sort of discipline gets in the way of ur everyday life' -- how does only eatin from amritdharee's "get in the way"? please explain... if a person wishes only to eat from amritdharees, tha's their own thing... i mean i cud say the same ting as nitnem - "it gets in the way of my everyday life, i don't get as much sleep as I used to"....

again.... i's that persons own personal choice.. n also as i said above, in terms of gurdwara's i dun tink nebody shud be stopped from seva....

fateh ji i think what veer ji meant was that if it gets on the way of you doing seva for your guru ji it is wrong, to an extent its up to people if they want to only eat from "amritdharis" but i for 1 would find that embarassing, i would never in the gurdwara ask somebody to not serve me because they wernt amritdhari, it shows a lack of respect for guru ji as guru resides within us all! these little things are silly and it just shows sikhs as petty people, it also casts amritdharis in this "exclusive club" light that everyone already thinks we have!

bhul chuk maf :wub: