A Wedding Which Took Place This Weekend

sikh_youth_uk

Some1 tells me that a Gora married a women of Sikh background in Gurdwara in Leiester this weekend.

Some1 who works with me told me, person who told me isnt really clued up about Sikhi and Politics, all she cud say was how well the gora done the Larmair (fool).

Is this ocurring alot shud we contact this Gurdwara ??

Guest Narinder Singh

And your problem with a gora getting married in a gurdwara is what?

Non amritdharis and moneh get married in our guru ghars everyday, did guru sahib put a restriction on people who arent brown?

Fateh.

wel if we do as our gurus hav sed dat evry1 is equal

den der shudnt b no white, brown or black,

but wen it cums to da society de gal baat, its rong as parents aint able to show der faces in da community,

dats wot gets to me is dat ajkal de kurriya munde guru ji da naam lehke apne mapio nu keh dinde aa k guru ji ne sab nu equal rakhiya hai, jus to get der own way,

but eh kurriya mundiya nu ta apne 10 guru ji de naam v nhi pata huna, na ta una nu panjabi bolni aoundi aa, but wen it cums to marryin out of da caste/religon den dey use guru ji's name

shame on those ppl...............

i thnk its rong for da gurdwara to allow such thngs like dat to happen,

but on da otheside if they wont get married in da gurdwara fir dey will go else where to do it

Am with Sikh_Youth_Uk Bhajee on this one

nwnk siqguir ByitAY pUrI hovY jugiq ] hsMidAw KylMidAw pYnMidAw KwvMidAw ivcy hovY mukiq ]

"Guru ji says, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way. While; laughing, playing, dressing and consuming fine foods, he/she is liberated."

(SGGSJ Ang 522)

Today many people have forgotten the above teachings and started to live outside the boundaries laid down by Gurmath, doing what they feel is right or wrong. Some Amrithdharee Sikhs marry non-Amrithdharees just for money but this is not right. The marriage should not be based upon desire for wealth etc. A marriage should be based on the same Dharam and qualities in both people.

According to Gurmath both the bride and bridegroom should be Amrithdharee. The Kurmayee should be a good deed and not involve taking money from your

daughters/sisters. No form of dowry (gifts from the Brides family) should be given or accepted. Bhai Sahib Singh jee writes in a Rehathnama:

kMinAw dyvY isK ko lyvY nih ikCu dwm ] soeI myrw isK hY phucy gur ky Dwm ] 25]

"Guru Gobind Singh Jee is saying that the Sikh that marry's his daughter to a Sikh and does not take any money, he is a true Sikh of mine and will reach my abode in Sachkand."

(Bhai Sahib Singh Rehatnama p.160)

The bride and bridegroom should be Amrithdharee, follow the Rehath, recite Nithnem and as much additional Gurbanee as possible and have knowledge of Sikh history. Besides their Rehath, their principles, age, Dharam, education, appearance and other qualities are to be taken into consideration.

Along with that my opinion on this topic is the following:

We are real quick to have a stress (expected) when we see our OWN Panjabee girls going to Churches, Mandhirs, Mosques etc to get married but we happily allow others faithed people to come into the Gurdwara and get married to our Panjabee people - just as we get peeved off when a Christian / Hindu / Muslim etc man or woman with his or her arm around one of our brothers or sisters - other people feel just as peeved to see our people with their brothers or sisters.

Second; why do we need other faithed people in our community? We can't even handle our own blood let alone take on some next people. Without getting or being over the top crazy - how do we know that people that choose to take Sikhism as their faith don't want to ruin Khalsa through the inside? When couples that are not of the same faith get married most people turn it a side and allow it. But what abot the future? The father of their future children is going to want them to be Christian, Hindu, Muslim etc whislt the mother will want them to be Sikh.

The whole point of a Anand Kaaraj is to understand what Sri Guru Amar Daas Jee is saying to the couple. People who are our OWN Panjabee don't even understand Gurbanee how do we expect a Christian, Hindu, Muslim etc to understand? The Laava'hn arent just something thats read to bless you; that Banee has MAJOR depth to it - supposed to relate to it in married life.

ਮ: ੩ ॥ mehlaa 3. Third Mehl:

ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਨਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਇਕਠੇ ਹੋਇ ॥

They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together.

ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਦੁਇ ਮੂਰਤੀ ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥

They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies. ((3))

p.s. Mind the preach excl.gif

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

This is happenning up and down the country in the UK and will probably continue. However I agree with Narinder Singh completely, there should be no issue here ,we allow non amritdhari weddings to happen all the time in our community.Understanding of Gurmat is of extreme importance and I commend Gurdwaras who have projections of translations of SGGS in ther Gurdwaras for everyone to read and see. A gora or a black man marrying a panjabee girl could well be a good thing who are we to know what kind of life they are going to have in future and they may even lean on sikhe as their faith. Highly unlikely but who are we to judge what's already destiny on the forehead, it's hard enough to look after and mange oneself alone and live without going of a tangent within sikhe principles.

Am with Sikh_Youth_Uk Bhajee on this one

of course you are... ur against anybody and anything that aint sikh or punjabi... ur probably one of the more racist and discriminatory members on this forum...

Second; why do we need other faithed people in our community?

my point proven...

The whole point of a Anand Kaaraj is to understand what Sri Guru Amar Daas Jee is saying to the couple. People who are our OWN Panjabee don't even understand Gurbanee how do we expect a Christian, Hindu, Muslim etc to understand? The Laava'hn arent just something thats read to bless you; that Banee has MAJOR depth to it - supposed to relate it to in marriage life.

in comes ur ignorance and hypocracy.... out of the thousands of weddings that happen a year in gurdwaras, how many of those weddings include the bride and groom who are practicing/following sikhs...?? what... maybe 2... 3%? i dun see u sayin netin bout them..

wha.. jus because these guyz and girls are punjabi they're different then a white guy from croatia?... umm.. no... how do u kno those that have weddings at gurdwara's believe in Sree Guru Granth Sahib as their Guru, and are not doin the weddin there jus to please their parents? or even jus because i's the 'natural thing to do'?.. u DON'T...

i hope that Vaheguru needs to do a LOT of kirpa on your mat... stop discriminating... stop hating.. and stop being racist... whether u think u are or not.. tha's beyond the point.. i've sat back and read several of ur posts which are demeaning and disrespectful of other faiths, other cultures, and people of other skin colour...

first learn the real message of bani before you start copyin n pastin from sikhitothemax.com ... Bani preaches love, acceptance, and respect of all of mankind.. start from the basics...

and as u like to say in ur posts... i kno this sounds harsh and mean.. buh i's tru!

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

This is happenning up and down the country in the UK and will probably continue. However I agree with Narinder Singh completely, there should be no issue here ,we allow non amritdhari weddings to happen all the time in our community.Understanding of Gurmat is of extreme importance and I commend Gurdwaras who have projections of translations of SGGS in ther Gurdwaras for everyone to read and see. A gora or a black man marrying a panjabee girl could well be a good thing who are we to know what kind of life they are going to have in future and they may even lean on sikhe as their faith. Highly unlikely but who are we to judge what's already destiny on the forehead, it's hard enough to look after and mange oneself alone and live without going of a tangent within sikhe principles.

yeh..okay... rolleyes.gif I see more "apaneeh" walk into Churches/ Mandhirs / Mosques than i see a Christian - blank or white - walk into a Gurdwara - we get MAJOR thrills when we see a black or white man walk into the PARTY of a wedding - MOST of them are capable of that - but its quite understandable that they don't wanna come to the Gurdwara as a general.

I hear so much crap like this....what difference is their between a person converting by force or infront of everyone when a panjabee girl marries a Gora/ Hindu / Muslim? There isn't one - we don't take it as a threat because we can see them get married.

Interfaith Marriages are a load of rubbish excl.gif

I keep mentioning the fact that Sikhs will HAVE TO marry "out" because of the imbalance in births between male and female.

What will we do then???? Better get used to it and step up our parchar. Non Punjabi blood in the quom can be a good thing btw.