New Style Of Singh Youth I Saw Today.

dalsingh101

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Singhs do not look good dressed up like that, be respectful, and affluent in this world so when people look at gursikhs they see smart influential people, not a bunch of wanna be gangsters, sorry Heera but how does growing up in Scarborough make you like this...

The real question for you is would you go into a job interview talking like you talk on the net... I don't think so because you wouldn't be hired. I'm sure when you go for a job you will talk normally.

Stop this fake culture, this culture is a gang culture, a jail culture, and you can't say otherwise.

Wearing a suit is a more educated look a professional culture. The bandana hanging out of the back pocket started in jail.... this talk and dress is so ridiculous people who dress like this look absolutely ridiculous

and i'm sure u wear a suit everywhere u go? i'm sure u speak top notch harvard english wherever u go?

buddy.. u dun kno me or where i came from... so think before u speak..

i feel comfortabl wearin baggy clothes... live wit it... u feel comfortable wearin whatever u want.. jus because i wear baggy clothes doesn't mean i'm nah presentable wherever i go... every single time i leave the house i make sure i'm as clean and presentable as possible... i KNOW i'm representing for sikhi wherever i go..

of course i wud'n go into a job interview speakin how i do on the net or wit my friend... wud u go into a job interview speakin punjabi? again.. think before u talk... there's a time n place for everythin... i'm sure u wud'n wear jeans to a job interview... so .. by ur mentality u shouldn't wear jeans or netin else other then a suit..

wannabe gangsters? HA... dun even start wit me on that...

my 'culture' is who i am... in no way do i disrespect sikhi, my guru, my bana or my beliefs... jus because u dun 'fancy' the way i or other people dress, doesn't mean nuttin.. i won't conform to wha u or society sees as 'norm'... i am who i am... take it or leave it... n even if u leave it.. it makes NO diff to me :D

Blessed Love!

I grew up in toronto and all my friends were either chinese/africian american/somaliaan/jamacian .. so used to dress as a tomboy, baggy clothes .. then came to brampton, wore 'girly' clothes .. and now in waterloo uni... it's like who cares where you're from ... wear what YOU feel makes YOU comfortable .. not anyone else .. ofcourse if you're going to a job interview, you will dress accordingly... if you're going to a wedding, you will dress accordingly .. and not wear a hockey jersey and sweats to your cousins wedding (ahem jaspaul singh) ... point being ... your clothes don't necessarily determine where you're from, ghetto or rich part of the city, or how you were raised, as a tomboy/princess .. .just dress how you feel comfortable .. as long as it's decent and respectful ... no one should have a problem with the way you express yourself .. same goes for slang and your speech .. as long as you don't use inappropriate words, it's fine .. Even though I grew up in toronto/brampton, I still don't have a clue about slang .. it's just who I am .. and what I feel comfortable with .. I went to the last day of a samagam in army pants and my waterloossa hoodie :D cause that's how I knew I would feel comfortable in a 6 hour car ride home .. Just let people wear whatever they want and feel comfortable with, and you continue to wear whatchu want ... oh hey .. I used slang "whatchu" .. hehe :)

I wear a suit as part of the "professional" expectation. If I could get away with it, I'd prefer the baggy look over the suit. I'd say the suit is just as much (if not more) the fake culture, the gang culture, and should be in jail culture.

Ramgobbind, you have a point, one that needs to be delivered in a respectful manner at the right time in accordance with ones goals in life. But given your delivery, I'm having trouble digesting.

The person who's standing next to you would say professional is without dastar. They would suggest that you are not looking professional.

Suit? says who? Should all professionals not wear kurta pajamas? They are practical and comfortable.

Heera, you in your ghetto gear come across as the most educated and professional amongst us. Nice job. Will you take me shopping for clothes? I'm undercover as a suit, they can be a bit tight and rigid, don't let them get to you.

Singhs do not look good dressed up like that, be respectful, and affluent in this world so when people look at gursikhs they see smart influential people, not a bunch of wanna be gangsters, sorry Heera but how does growing up in Scarborough make you like this...

The real question for you is would you go into a job interview talking like you talk on the net... I don't think so because you wouldn't be hired. I'm sure when you go for a job you will talk normally.

Stop this fake culture, this culture is a gang culture, a jail culture, and you can't say otherwise.

Wearing a suit is a more educated look a professional culture. The bandana hanging out of the back pocket started in jail.... this talk and dress is so ridiculous people who dress like this look absolutely ridiculous