Y E S Or N O

_anon_

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Do benti chaupai then ardaas with all the love you have ask the question in ardaas and then take a hukamnama if you still dont understand the hukamnama then do ardaas again and before the end of the day you should get your answer or just get someone to ex plane the hukamnama.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

if the hukamnama is positive then its yes

if the hukamnama is negative then its no

Usually...in most life situations that I (and most people) have encounter, the solution is not as simple as a yes or no answer...They're are always many different situations/consequences that need to be looked at and considered. Reador ask a Giani at your gurudwara to explain the meaning of the Hukamnama.

And...this is simply my own opinion...but you shouldn't take a second hukamnama over the same issue...once you have recieved Guru Ji's Hukam...it is upto you to accept it no matter what.

Bhul Chuk Di Mafi

WJKK WJKF

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I've been thinking about this for a while, and honestly, I don't think the SGGS is an answer machine... its supposed to take many many years of thorough research and meditation in order to understand the true meaning of the granth, and you can't summarize that as a yes or no answer randomly by picking a page.

The other point that was brought up above is that its rare that anything is life is truly a yes or no answer. There are always shades of grey that you must consider, even if that means sitting back and thinking for a while.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I've been thinking about this for a while, and honestly, I don't think the SGGS is an answer machine... its supposed to take many many years of thorough research and meditation in order to understand the true meaning of the granth, and you can't summarize that as a yes or no answer randomly by picking a page.

The other point that was brought up above is that its rare that anything is life is truly a yes or no answer. There are always shades of grey that you must consider, even if that means sitting back and thinking for a while.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

nah I disagree, don't forget that we are fully able to have the same relationship with Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj as we would have had with Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj (in the body),

Its important that we as well as getting long term gyaan from Guroo Sahib, our day to day lives are not guided by, but under 100% control of Guroo Ji. We should be asking Guroo Ji permission for everything, making it more under his control every single day, because any work done which is chosen by him will not just be ok but will be perfect, if we do things by ourselves its always unpredictable what will happen.

bhull chukk maaf

after ardas make two parchian one with yes and second with no.

ask any child to pick one.

or ask any gurmukh or simply pick anyone ur own.

lol i am funny i know.

I used to do that a lot ages ago. Doesn't always work as I used to choose the chits myself...LOL. And at times you tend to pick up what you want to, even though you may do it unknowingly. Also, you could say "I am gonna do best of 3", and then say "Ok I'll do best of 5"...LOL. The parchee technique is funny. I'd suggest online Hukamnama from SiktiToTheMax even though the translations are at times questionable by some folks.

I remember a Baba Ji (can't remember who) would take the two parchia and place them in water. Whichever floated or was the closest was picked up and the answer therein followed.

:TH: eliminates the "i can influence the outcome" deal

also, if you have enough faith to ask guru sahib for an answer, have enough faith to know that guru sahib will make you understand his hukum one way or another.