Death

Guest _guest_

Recently, I've been thinking about death a lot (this is what happens when I'm left all alone at night!).

I'm only 25 but I've already realised that I will die and I am in no way prepared for it.

I've gotten scared of it, to the point I sometimes cry myself to sleep.

I've realised that the only hope I have is merging with Maharaj because then I will have achieved the point of human life. But I don't think I can make it.

Have come to realise why all those sadhus and sants would run off into the jungles etc to meditate - because 'real life' gets in the way - jobs, families, etc. I sometimes want to do the same because it's so difficult to meditate.

It's getting to the point where I feel I'm in a race against time to meet God, that time is almost out and that I haven't a hope in hell of finding Him.

During the day, I can feel like there's a noose around my neck ready to pull. It's making life difficult because I cannot concentrate on anything, even simran.

I've realised the importance of Amrit and have started to try and grow my beard instead of trimming it. Still don't think I can be ready to take amrit in the time I have left.

Have any of you ever felt like this?

I don't know what to do - I feel almost paralysed by the fear of death. :lol:

you do know what to do :lol: so stop worrying about the past, its gone, its out of your hands. start NOW, do simran, seva, read bani, do sangat of gursikhs, DO SOMETHING. use that fear of death in a positive way, dont just get stuck on it.

kbIreykGVIAwDIGrIAwDIhUMqyAwD ]

kabeer eaek gharree aadhhee gharee aadhhee hoo(n) thae aadhh ||

Kabeer, whether is is for an hour, half an hour, or half of that,

BgqnsyqIgostyjokInysolwB ]232]

bhagathan saethee gosattae jo keenae so laabh ||232||

whatever it is, it is worthwhile to speak with the Holy. ||232||

We only fear death when we so attached to all those things that take us away from God Veer G...........this fear u are experiencing is a positive thing and waheguru telling u that he is there waiting for you...............the effort and time and energy you put into fearing death channel that into naam, bani and simeran and the fear of death goes..................

Death is inevitable................it is the unknown thatwe fear rather than death itself..............we begin looking at our actions......mainly bads ones and begin fearing God......which is a good thing and in that way we are remembering God..................veer this world is temporary........God is trying to wake you from this illusion and liberate u..................celebrate by charting the namm of the Lord and you will welcome death and no longer fear it........ :lol:

We only fear death when we so attached to all those things that take us away from God Veer G...........this fear u are experiencing is a positive thing and waheguru telling u that he is there waiting for you...............the effort and time and energy you put into fearing death channel that into naam, bani and simeran and the fear of death goes..................

so theres no need to fear death if Vaheguru is waiting for you :nihungsmile:

jnm mrx kw Bau gieAw Bwau Bgiq gopwl ]

junum murun kaa bho gaeiaa bhaao bhugath gopaal

The fear of death and rebirth is removed by performing loving devotional service to the Lord of the World.

swDU sMgiq inrmlw Awip kry pRiqpwl ]

saadhoo sungath nirumulaa aap kurae prathipaal

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, one becomes immaculate and pure; the Lord Himself takes care of such a one.

jnm mrx kI mlu ktIAY gur drsnu dyiK inhwl ]2]

junum murun kee mul kutteeai gur dhurusun dhaekh nihaal

The filth of birth and death is washed away, and one is uplifted, beholding the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan. ||2||

................................................................................

................................................................................

jy ko jnm mrx qy frY ]

jae ko junum murun thae ddurai

If you fear the cycle of birth and death,

swD jnw kI srnI prY ]

saadh junaa kee surunee purai

then seek the Sanctuary of the Holy.

ault BeI jIvq mir jwigAw ]

oulutt bhee jeevuth mar jaagiaa

When I turned away, and became dead while yet alive, I was awakened.

sbid rvy mnu hir isau lwigAw ]

subadh ruvae mun har sio laagiaa

Chanting the Word of the Shabad, my mind is attached to the Lord.

rsu sMgRih ibKu prhir iqAwigAw ]

rus sungrehi bikh purehar thiaagiaa

I have gathered in the Lord's sublime essence, and cast out the poison.

Bwie bsy jm kw Bau BwigAw ]3]

bhaae busae jum kaa bho bhaagiaa

Abiding in His Love, the fear of death has run away. ||3||

siqguru ByitE sdw ik®pwl ]

sathigur bhaettiou sudhaa kirupaal

I have met the True Guru, who is merciful forever.

hir ismir ismir kwitAw Bau kwl ]3]

har simar simar kaattiaa bho kaal

Meditating, meditating in remembrance on the Lord, I am rid of the fear of death. ||3||

• 1 month later...

Fateh ji!

I have been think of death recent aswell, bein 14 it isnt the typical think you think about but afta a friend of mine past away, i started thinking.

It's true that the onli thing that will be with us when our time comes is guru ji, so all the ipods,mobiles and money arent goin to help us after. It all depends of how much paath and seva you do now!

Dont fear it because honestly what are you scared of?

VGKK VGKF

Dam right you should be scared bro..

I have been hearing from a Sant, very spirtitually blessed.

That up there when gursikhs go to Sach Kand, alot are having trouble going through because they had tied their beard up, even though they were amrithari

I am 27 now and when i was about 16 i used to be in same boat scarred of death the jamdoots jamdoot.gif and Charasi lakh joon.

even though i am not amrthari i have taken out time to learn the 5 banis (not full anand sahib just the 6 pouris)

The banis plus i am learning kirtan. To tell you the truth i dont fear death no more. I just have this inner peace in me :nihungsmile:

Even though i dont have full dhari its trimmed, i try to keep as much Gurmukh sangat. Hopefully one day i will keep full mariada.

So take out the steps ive taken, visit this website http://www.rajacademy.com/ and learn some true instruments that some of our Gurus had created to be sung is the right raags, Woow just playing a few shabads a day in the correct raag i get such a high and no fear of death comes near me any more. thankgod :WW:

So basically where there is Simran and theres kirtan, Jamdoots will not come near you. hope thats not too long, just me 2 cents

Guest dalvinder
Recently, I've been thinking about death a lot (this is what happens when I'm left all alone at night!).

I'm only 25 but I've already realised that I will die and I am in no way prepared for it.

I've gotten scared of it, to the point I sometimes cry myself to sleep.

I've realised that the only hope I have is merging with Maharaj because then I will have achieved the point of human life. But I don't think I can make it.

Have come to realise why all those sadhus and sants would run off into the jungles etc to meditate - because 'real life' gets in the way - jobs, families, etc. I sometimes want to do the same because it's so difficult to meditate.

It's getting to the point where I feel I'm in a race against time to meet God, that time is almost out and that I haven't a hope in hell of finding Him.

During the day, I can feel like there's a noose around my neck ready to pull. It's making life difficult because I cannot concentrate on anything, even simran.

I've realised the importance of Amrit and have started to try and grow my beard instead of trimming it. Still don't think I can be ready to take amrit in the time I have left.

Have any of you ever felt like this?

I don't know what to do - I feel almost paralysed by the fear of death. :lol:

Dear friend

Please do'nt worry so much, years ago I was in a worse situation to yourself.

Atleast you know what u need to do, you just need a little assistance in reaching your guruji.

What u must do firstly is go to the gurdwara as much as possible and sit in the guruji's sangat.

I have a love for listening to keertan. Listen to as much as you can, try to understand it.

As you sit in the sangat ask your beloved guruji to give you guidance and to help you to love him endlessly.

He will listen to your prayers, as he has listened to mine.

I know this from experience as it has been a few months since I have taken Amrit, and I can't put into words how

fulfilled I feel. If there is hope for me there is surely hope for everyone els.

Please have faith in the almighty and have faith in yourself, you are on the right track.

Good luck god be with you.

ry mn fIig n folIAY sIDY mwrig Dwau ]

rae man ddeeg n ddoleeai seedhhai maarag dhhaao ||

O my mind, do not waver or walk on the crooked path; take the straight and true path.

----------------

Agin mrY jlu loiV lhu ivxu gur iniD jlu nwih ]

agan marai jal lorr lahu vin gur nidhh jal naahi ||

If you wish to put out the fire, then look for water; without the Guru, the ocean of water is not found.

----------------

jmu jwgwiq n lgeI jy clY siqgur Bwie ]

jam jaagaath n lagee jae chalai sathigur bhaae ||

But you shall not be taxed by the Messenger of Death, if you walk in harmony with the Will of the True Guru.

-----------------

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ]

jo tho praem khaelan kaa chaao ||

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ]

sir dhhar thalee galee maeree aao ||

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ]

eith maarag pair dhhareejai ||

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20]

sir dheejai kaan n keejai ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Bhajee, the first step is amrit. Come onto this gursikhi path bhajee... its amazing.