Images Of Shiva

Freed

Okkkk!!!!

what else? lol fallin for pictures again man. rolleyes.gif yes art is good and has many symbolic meanings...not denying that but arrgh enough already!

someone please shed some light on what are the good things shivji did when he was "alive"? anyone? now dont start another issue just learn from his life...what that person did and why people started worshiping him, and still do?

we all have qualities of devtas in us. instead of dissing hindus or even this person whos name was shiva, why dont we compare ourselves to this 'individual"?

if u wanna know what gurbani has to say about shiva...search in "shiv" in sikhi to the max and read about it.

gosh u lot sometimes make me sad!

God created EVERYTHING!!!...YES EVEN SHIVJI... SO stop dissing the things created by him.

they are gone, done what they had to ...now lets look at our own lives and see what we are doing

bhul chuk muaff karniii

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST 2 DAYS BEFORE THIS TOPIC.....?????

AND WHEN U TYPE SHIVJI THERE ARE MANY IMAGES OF SHIV IN GOOGLE BUT THE IMAGES POSTED BY FREED ARE JUST MEANING LESS TO POST AND ONE HAVE KHANDA BEIND IT AND ITS ALL ABOUT CREATING CONTROVERSY.

THERE IS REALLY SOMETHING WRONG.

I guess it does seem kind of odd, and I know my word doesn't mean much to you, but I asure you that is coincidental
Manusmriti – Law book of Hinduisum
Manusmirit isn't "the law book of Hinduism. It is a law book, which is what we call a smirti text (basically it has authority over us, but anything within these books that contradict a Sruti, or infallible text, is rejected). Manu Smirti states that the Nishadas (a Hindu tribe in India) are untouchable, yet the Ramayana (which is usually considered a sruti text) states that Shabari (a female member of the Nishada tribe) recieves darshan from no less then Rama himself. Similarly Valmiki (the rishi who we Hindus believe wrote the Ramayana) was born a Sudra, yet reads and recites the Vedas (which Manu says is punishable by death if done by a shudra) . From these examples (found in a sruti scripture) I think it becomes fairly obvious that Hindus should disregard Manusmirit's teachings on caste.
that said, This thread feels like something created by rss, look the Sikhs are intrusted in Shiva ji.
I think I should clear this up right now. I do not support the RSS, nor do I believe that Sikhism is a sect of Hinduism, they are two seperate religions.

let's not hate on anybody and try to think before we post otherwise dont bother posting.

i've not heard of images of Shiva having a beard or seen a statue in that way - that image is the first. however, it's not just the trident of some relevance here but also the chand in Shiva's hair. here are some images:

P022_shiva.jpg

20070214092829_dscf0045.jpg

any thoughts?

Also please read this:

http://sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID...p;ShabadID=2639

The universe is created, sustained and destroyed. For us, devte are manifestations of God's Divine Power. But the moment this manifestation of God's Power occurs, God limits it by design and hence the devte are conditioned by the Creator. We call upon God in our prayers to manifest Himself to help us in countless different ways every single day.

vaajai poun thai aap vajaaeae ||

You Yourself vibrate the beat of the breath.

siv sakathee dhaehee mehi paaeae ||

Shiva and Shakti, energy and matter - You have placed them into the body.

(Ang 1056, Guru Maharaj)

kott mehaes oupaae samaaeae ||

He created and destroyed millions of Shivas.

kott brehamae jag saajan laaeae ||1||

He employed millions of Brahmas to create the worlds. ||1||

aiso dhhanee guvindh hamaaraa ||

Such is my Lord and Master, the Lord of the Universe.

baran n saako gun bisathhaaraa ||1|| rehaao ||

I cannot even describe His Many Virtues. ||1||Pause||

(Ang 1156 Guru Maharaj)

Paaio na jaae jih pair paar|| Doonaan dokh dahitaa udaar||11||241||

His limits cannot be known. He, the Generous Lord, burns the blemishes of the lowly.

Kaee kot Indra jih paanihaar|| Kaee kot Ruddra jugooaa duaar||

Millions of Indras are at His service. Millions of the Yogi Rudras (Shivas stand at His Gate)

(Panna 86 Dasam Guru Durbar)

it's important to state here that the focus remains on the one infinite Lord for it is with Him that we wish to merge:

http://sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID...p;ShabadID=2151

http://sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID...p;ShabadID=3291

Devis and Devtas have a different elemental make-up than Manukhs. Sure there is resemblance, but their physical appearance is different. So, we shouldn't expect them to have kesh-dhara in all cases.

Maharaj ji's creation is truly diverse and beautiful.

Should make us think how truly a blessing it is to just be part of manukh jooni. The only opportunity to break out of the chaurasi chakar.

Shivlingem is Shivas private part,and Shiva can't deny that,just go read your 'holy texts',they are full of sexual acts with animals and so on,look at your temples homo=erotic statues,and so on.Singhavelli you being form Canada probably come across the likes of me everyday,so don't know why your crying.Your on about Bhindranwale,yes he was for peace,we all was for peace,but then the Hindus attacked!

And Bhindranwale said that no Chali Ram should be left in Panjab after the day an attack happens,Guru Gobind Singh Ji,denounced the Hindu texts,rejected them.Hinduism or its values,culture,have no place in Sikhism, Socially they can't as they have the caste system, If your not a Brahmin you can't worship god even,Hinduism is in favour of the brahmin and no other - just remember that,scheming gangu brahmins,chandus,Pahari Rajeh,Dogras,Gandhis, list is endless....................

For those who doubt me on Hindu Texts search this on youtube 'Hindu Bagwan (god)'

1. Sant ji was not anti-Hindu

2. Gurbani mentions Dieities

3. Dieities did exist, but they didn't call themselves Hindus