Needhelp - Sorry

Guest Needy

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

The original poster is just being honest, and there is nothing wrong with that... he found a gursikh who he was compatable with, both together aimed to put their sikhi first, took amrit, and its his parents that are trying to stop his promise and his ardaas to marry the one who worked hard with him to achieve that goal.

As to what "physically close" means, i doubt any of us know... we all have different definitions and so arguing about that is pointless. The issue is: do you listen to what you think is right, or default to your parents? I think anyone who remember Guru Nanak also remembers him actively choosing to do "the right thing" over what his own father told him to do (eg: the thread ceremony) because he knew that an honest, principle based life is more valuable than arbitrarily listening to your parents if they're wrong.

Veerjee, my advice for you is try to maintain ur level of sikhi, help her maintain her level also. When you think the time is right, get married.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

This is all very one sided what does the girl want in this relationship?

Maturity in outlook matters more than what age someone is. You seem to have tried the right way to see whether you are able to can move on from her but after six months you know that you cannot. If you marry then you have to be ready for the consequences such as being disowned by your parents and then having to provide for both yourself and your wife. You need to think now whether you can cope with that. I assume that both of you are still studying so you need to understand that marriage at your age will pretty much finish any further education hopes you might have and with it the chance of having a good career.

My advice to you would be to not make any hasty decisions, if you are meant to be together then you will both have the same intent to marry in 3-4 years time as you have now, but then at the age of 23 odd you will have finished your studies and if you marry you wil both be in a good position to provide for yourselves.

You should ideally seek advice from close friends and/or older relatives who probably know more about what your personalities are rather than on a forum.