Is this considered to be joota?

naam_jap

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Khalsa4ever: I am only basing my opinions from the Rehat Maryada and what the Punj Piaray told me, and that is: we are not to eat from the same 'pandah' as non-Amritdharis, or eat their joot. This is a Rehat issue, and i don't question it or compromise.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When GurSikhs like Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji travel they eat at everyones house regardless of if they are Amritdharee or not. Is that wrong? I think not. Also if you go to any Gurdwara outside of India 9/10 times the langar is made by non Amritdharees, does that mean that we don't eat at the Gurdwara? Esp for me being a student, I eat out all the time.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

jy kir sUqku mMnIAY sB qY sUqku hoie ]

jae kar soothak ma(n)neeai sabh thai soothak hoe ||

If one accepts the concept of impurity, then there is impurity everywhere.

<span style='font-family:GurbaniWebThick'>gohy AqY lkVI AMdir kIVw hoie ]

gohae athai lakarree a(n)dhar keerraa hoe ||

In cow-dung and wood there are worms.

jyqy dwxy AMn ky jIAw bwJu n koie ]

jaethae dhaanae a(n)n kae jeeaa baajh n koe ||

As many as are the grains of corn, none is without life.

pihlw pwxI jIau hY ijqu hirAw sBu koie ]

pehilaa paanee jeeo hai jith hariaa sabh koe ||

First, there is life in the water, by which everything else is made green.

sUqku ikau kir rKIAY sUqku pvY rsoie ]

soothak kio kar rakheeai soothak pavai rasoe ||

How can it be protected from impurity? It touches our own kitchen.

nwnk sUqku eyv n auqrY igAwnu auqwry Doie ]1]

naanak soothak eaev n outharai giaan outhaarae dhhoe ||1||

O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom. |

4;1||

mÚ 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehl:

mn kw sUqku loBu hY ijhvw sUqku kUVu ]man kaa soothak lobh hai jihavaa soothak koorr ||

The impurity of the mind is greed, and the impurity of the tongue is falsehood.

AKI sUqku vyKxw pr iqRA pr Dn rUpu ]

akhee soothak vaekhanaa par thria par dhhan roop ||

The impurity of the eyes is to gaze upon the beauty of another man's wife, and his wealth.

kMnI sUqku kMin pY lwieqbwrI Kwih ]

ka(n)nee soothak ka(n)n pai laaeithabaaree khaahi ||

The impurity of the ears is to listen to the slander of others.

nwnk hMsw AwdmI bDy jm puir jwih ]2]

naanak ha(n)saa aadhamee badhhae jam pur jaahi ||2||

O Nanak, the mortal's soul goes, bound and gagged to the city of Death. ||2||

Ú 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehl:

sBo sUqku Brmu hY dUjY lgY jwie ]

sabho soothak bharam hai dhoojai lagai jaae ||

All impurity comes from doubt and attachment to duality.

jMmxu mrxw hukmu hY BwxY AwvY jwie ]

ja(n)man maranaa hukam hai bhaanai aavai jaae ||

Birth and death are subject to the Command of the Lord's Will; through His Will we come and go.

Kwxw pIxw pivqRü hY idqonu irjku sMbwih ]

khaanaa peenaa pavithra hai dhithon rijak sa(n)baahi ||

Eating and drinking are pure, since the Lord gives nourishment to all.

nwnk ijn@I gurmuiK buiJAw iqn@w sUqk

u nwih ]3]

naanak jinhee guramukh bujhiaa thinhaa soothak naahi ||3||

O Nanak, the Gurmukhs, who understand the Lord, are not stained by impurity. ||3||</span>

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?Sour...ID=G&pageno=472

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

y didn't anyone resond to this.............i think this is true :@

sikhs r sikhs whether amritdhari or not...........

the impure soul should be purified and not the physical attributes...........

well if u eat something whis is bitten by someone else.. :) then it might be not healthy but still having the rigidity of assuming othersimpure is not correct............

if itss given humbly and honestly ...accept it!!

bhul chuk maaf!!

nwnk ijn@I gurmuiK buiJAw iqn@w sUqku nwih ]3]

O Nanak, the Gurmukhs, who understand the Lord, are not stained by impurity. ||3||</span>

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

y didn't anyone resond to this.............i think this is true :@

the impure soul should b

e purified and not the physical attributes...........

well if u eat something whis is bitten by someone else.. :) then it might be not healthy but still having the rigidity of assuming othersimpure is not correct............

bhul chuk maaf!!

I am sorry, didnt get the chance to add anything to the post , cos i was at work so i simply pasted the shabad. What we seem to be doing is ignoring what guru jee has said.

O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom.

When GurSikhs like Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji travel they eat at everyones house regardless of if they are Amritdharee or not.  Is that wrong?  I think not.  Also if you go to any Gurdwara outside of India 9/10 times the langar is made by non Amritdharees, does that mean that we don't eat at the Gurdwara?  Esp for me being a student, I eat out all the time.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Who said anything about eating food at non-Amritdharis homes? We were talking about eating from jootay hands of non-Amritdharis. There was no mention of eating food from non-Amritdhari hands, just jootay non-Amritdhari hands....and that is against Rehat.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Who said anything about eating food at non-Amritdharis homes? We were talking about eating from jootay hands of non-Amritdharis. There was no mention of eating food from non-Amritdhari hands, just jootay non-Amritdhari hands....and that is against Rehat.

Forgive me, but isn't that what you did say? How can you eat at a non-Amritdhari's house and not have them touch your food? If they made it, they touched it. If they pass it to you, they touched it.

And what is the difference between "jootai" non-Amritdhari hands and just non-Amritdhari hands? Quite frankly, if it just means "dirty", you shouldn't eat from anyone's dirty hands, regardless of if they took amrit.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

nwnk ijn@I gurmuiK buiJAw iqn@w sUqku nwih ]3]

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

y didn't anyone resond to thi

s.............i think this is true :@

the impure soul should be purified and not the physical attributes...........

bhul chuk maaf!!

I am sorry, didnt get the chance to add anything to the post , cos i was at work so i simply pasted the shabad. What we seem to be doing is ignoring what guru jee has said.

O Nanak, impurity cannot be removed in this way; it is washed away only by spiritual wisdom.

I think the message that Guru Nanak Sahib ji is giving to us through that shabad is that we shouldn't go on and say things without even knowing what we are saying. First we should understand something and then start practising it. Originally these shabads were written confronting the Pundits (and yes, regardless of that we need to follow it too) who followed many practises without understanding the meanings behind them. In Sikhi our Guru Sahibs explaned everything to us so we don't become blind worshippers. Another similar shabad that Guru Sahib wrote to help us out of ignoranc

e is: "koun maas koun saag kehaavai kis mehi paap samaanae ||" Does this mean Guru Sahib is telling us to eat meat?

Similarly in this shabad Guru Sahib's telling us to do vichaar of things.

"Gursikh Ki Rooti Beti Gursikh Se"

So now would u say this is contradicting baani?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Forgive me, but isn't that what you did say? How can you eat at a non-Amritdhari's house and not have them touch your food? If they made it, they touched it. If they pass it to you, they touched it.

And what is the difference between "jootai" non-Amritdhari hands and just non-Amritdhari hands? Quite frankly, if it just means "dirty", you shouldn't eat from anyone's dirty hands, regardless of if they took amrit.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Respected khalsa4ever...you are not understanding the point here. The initial post was about someone passing you a roti while they were eating. There is a difference between jootay hands and non-jootay hands. I did not say not to eat food from non-Amritdharis, i said not to eat from non-Amritdharis who have jootay hands (are eating while serving). Big difference. Again Rehat is Rehat, and we are not to eat from the joot of non-Amritdharis...period.

curious_man said "sikhs r sikhs whether amritdhari or not..........."

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but i'm not afraid to say it because it is what my Guru Ji says: "A person who does not keep Rehat, cannot call himself a Sikh" (Rehat bina na Sikh kahavay)...so basically, if a person is not ready to accept Guru Ji's Hukam, why are they calling themselves Sikhs? You don't become a Sikh by calling yourself one, you become a Sikh by giving your head to Guru Ji. If a person with a haircut, who drinks, smokes, eats flesh etc., and says he is a Sikh, i would like to ask this person this: How are you a Sikh? Guru Ji says - don't cut your hair, don't eat meat, don't drink...but you do these things. Guru Ji says- take Amrit, keep your hair, keep Rehat...but you don't do these things. My question again, "How are you a Sikh?"

ps- before attacking these views, please do some research (rehatnamas etc). Guru Ji makes us Sikhs by giving us Amrit. If my father is a doctor, does that automatically make me a doctor? We don't automatically become Sikhs just because we are born in 'Sikh Homes', you must go to the Guru and exchange your head for Sikhi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Someone asked about retaking Amrit, the only reason that you would retake Amrit is if you commit any of the following:

1) Forcible Removal of Body Hair

2) Consumption of Tobacco/Drugs/Alcohol or other Intoxicants

3) Adultry

4) Consumption of Meat/Eggs/Fish

If you did it unknowingly, then it is ok, do ardaas in front of SGGS and everything will be ok, this does not constitute as one of the 4 Khuriets, so it does not require you to take Amrit again. Just be careful next time.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!