Is this considered to be joota?

naam_jap

Respected khalsa4ever...you are not understanding the point here. The initial post was about someone passing you a roti while they were eating. There is a difference between jootay hands and non-jootay hands. I did not say not to eat food from non-Amritdharis, i said not to eat from non-Amritdharis who have jootay hands (are eating while serving). Big difference. Again Rehat is Rehat, and we are not to eat from the joot of non-Amritdharis...period.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I am sorry if I misinterpreted you comments in any way. Now that you do bring it up though, if it is wrong to take from a non-Amritdhari's jootay's hands, then shouldn't that apply to jootay Amritdhari hands too? (I mean jootay is jootay, regardless of if you have taken amrit or not).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must remain fully aligned to the   Khalsa brotherhood in accordance with the principles of the     Khalsa faith. If you commit transgression   of the Khalsa discipline, you must present yourself before     the congregation and beg pardon, accepting whatever punishment is awarded. You must also     resolve to remain watchful against defaults in the future.

p. The following individuals shall be liable to chastisement involving automatic boycott:

1. Anyone  maintaining relations or communion with elements antagonistic to the Panth including the     minas (reprobates), the masands (agents once accredited to local Sikh communities as Guru's      representatives, since discredited for their faults and aberrations), followers of Dhirmal or Ram Rai,      et. al., or users of tobacco or killers of female infants

2. One who eats/drinks Left-overs of the unbaptised or the fallen Sikhs;

3. One who dyes his beard;

4. One who gives off son or daughter in matrimony for a price or reward;

5. Users of intoxicants (hemp, opium, liquor, narcotics, cocaine, etc.);

6. One holding, or being a party to, ceremonies or practices contrary to the Guru's way;

7. One who defaults in the maintenance of Sikh discipline.

http://ww

w.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_six.html

Waheguru jio!

Jio, watever im about to say is just my two cents and dont take it to max.

I was just reading some of the points all u have made, and all make sense. But veerji here got a prashada from a non-amritdahri person... nothin wrong wit dat if she had touched it...

We have to think... common sense... do u reli think guru sahib would be unhappy wit us if we do. I would understand if we go to a all meat place and someone serves somethin there... lol ...

But this is just a bibi giving a vege dish of our beautiful prashadai we have everyday at gurdwaras.

Here are some examples you all may want to also have as inpurity:

My parents are non-amritdhari, i myself am one, would dat make it unpure if my mom gave me roti and she touched it ?

In Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Jeevan, im pretty sure most of u heard a lot of sakhis but a lot of sakhis evolving guru ji around him and his sevaks. He went to all his peoples houses, and took watever offering they had to give... wit love! Is this jootha too ?

IN the gurdwara we have the langar made by bibian and admi... touched again dont all have to be necessarily amritdhari... jootha ?

Sangat jio, we have to think about what we are jsut wasting our time and arguing back... :)

bul chuk maph jio! rolleyes.gif

You must remain fully aligned to the   Khalsa brotherhood in accordance with the principles of the     Khalsa faith. If you commit transgression   of the Khalsa discipline, you must present yourself before     the congregation and beg pardon, accepting whatever punishment is awarded. You must also     resolve to remain watchful against defaults in the future.

p. The following individuals shall be liable to chastisement involving automatic boycott:

1. Anyone  maintaining relations or communion with elements antagonistic to the Panth including the     minas (reprobates), the masands (agents once accredited to local Sikh communities as Guru's      representatives, since discredited for their faults and aberrations), followers of Dhirmal or Ram Rai,      et. al., or users of tobacco or killers of female infants

2. One who eats/drinks Left-overs of the unbaptised or the fallen Sikhs;

3. One who dyes his beard;

4. One who gives off son or daughter in matrimony for a price or reward;

5. Users of intoxicants (hemp, opium, liquor, narcotics, cocaine, etc.);

6. One holding, or being a party to, ceremonies or practices contrary to the Guru's way;

7. One who defa

ults in the maintenance of Sikh discipline.

http://www.sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_six.html

The highlighted line states that you can not eat something which has already been eaten from. But it does not state if you can eat something which is handed to you.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

sorry all i think that this is jooth to a point however i do not think we should be that concerned as this is more of a bhrmanistic thing where they declare everything as unclean if not served in a specific manner.

i personally would not worry about it but i am sure others will beg to differ.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

It is disturbing that when an issue of rehit is brought up, how quickly people jump to use the "B" word - brahmanism. Keeping suchum is not brahmanism. If you have not taken Amrit then you would not know of the rehit's that Guru Gobind Singh jee gives their Sikh's when they are given Khanday Baatay Dhaa Amrit, Guru Sahib tells us what we are to do and not do when we are given Amrit. I believe we are not to eat from the hands of those who are 'niguray' - without a Guru, who don't japp naam and keep Guru Sahib's rehit. Basically those who have not given their head to accept Gursikhi. This is so offensive to people because it makes them feel as though they aren't sikh's if they haven't taken Amrit. How can you be a doctor if you have not gone through medical school and graduated? Same thing, you can't be a Gursikh if you don't have a Guru, ie. if you haven't adopted the Sikh dharam and taken Khanday Baatay dhaa Amrit. This has nothing to do with brahmanism....

Veer Surrey Singh has made some good points. My only concern about the 'bag of chips' example is, how do you know some hungry cheena who was working in the factory bagging the chips didn't take a few here and there, and with his joothay hands kept working? I am not saying that we should share the 'bag of chips' with non-amritdharee's, my point is leaning towards suchum in general and the need for bibek;)

kam1825 said "as this is more of a bhrmanistic thing where they declare everything as unclean if not served in a specific manner."

-->actually, try this: eat from a restaurant where the

cook is a smoking, meat eating and Guru Sahib knows what else for a week. Then eat only from the hands of a rehitvaan, naam japping Gursikh for another week (food being prepared by the same person). please report back to sangat if you wish to undergo this experiment and let us know if you noticed a difference.

I am already anticipating angry comments as I write this, I guess I'll take the attack:)

galtee bhul chuk maaf karnee.