Shere Panjab

roop33

Guest fordcapri

Sp founded in Birmingham early 1980s of handsworth were made up of the first Sikh youths born in Britain and the first British born Sikhs to go through the British schooling system.

They grew up in the days when gang culture was youth culture whites were in to football violence or skins black youth were against the system asains had their own gangs all 13-24 olds were nutters.

Violencewas everyday life for youths hanging around town centres, with their giro checks in the back of their drain pipe jeans.

Sp (bham) was made up of localised gangs mainly the Donkeys,who were youths, but some older heads would unite them.

Around 1986 the firm hit the headlines when around 120 youths from handworth raided a pub in Aston which was HQ for their rivals the Aston panthers many were hurt in serious violence at the Guild Pub on Witton Rd. Early that day the Asron Panthers made a poor attempt at petrol bombing a donkey strong hold.

From then Sp became main stream every panjabi house hold would talk bout them.

BBc Asian magazine also gave coverage in a documentary.

In our community many have been naive as to the original sp cause as they are today as to whats going on.

They were the first to realise that Sikh girls were being targeted by Pakistani gangs. Many people dont apprecaite what they were doing using there own time to rescue girls who were abducted.

Most of the sp were monay (wedge heads rember them if yer old school) but one Singh was one the top men and is widely respected for his contributions still today for youth work.

Sp were never shut down this is popular term used by people they RETIRED most now are mid 40s plus with families businesses,mortgages. Some have become Singhs.

The following generation were meant carry it on, but it didnt.

Thats my take on Sp anyway.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sp founded in Birmingham early 1980s of handsworth were made up of the first Sikh youths born in Britain and the first British born Sikhs to go through the British schooling system.

They grew up in the days when gang culture was youth culture whites were in to foot violence or skins black youth were against the system. Street brawls and knuckle dusters were part of everyday life for youths hanging around town centres, with their giro checks in the back of their drain pipe jeans.

Sp (bham) was made up of localised gangs mainly the Donkeys.

Around 1986 the firm hit the headlines when around 120 youths from handworth raided a pub in Aston which was HQ for their rivals the Aston panthers many were hurt.

In our community many have been naive as to the originals sp’s cause because as they are today as to what’s going on.

They were the first to realise that Sikh girls were being targeted by Pakistani gangs. Many people don’t apprecaite what they were doing using there own time to rescue girls who were abducted.

Most of the sp were monay (wedge heads rember them if yer old school) but one Singh was one the top men and is widely respected for his contributions still today for youth work.

Sp were never shut down this is popular term used by people they RETIRED most now are mid 40s plus with families businesses mortgages. Some have become Singhs.

The following generation were meant carry it on, but it didn’t.

yeah this man is spot on, all our boys at the time were drinkers in the pubs, they had the odd fights with skinheads which it concerned themselves. however some people went to the pubs , united all the punjabi gangs who were fighting eachother over mainly petty things and turned their attention to murders being commited on the asians by the neo nazi skinheads who were stabbing or booting browns to death all over country. bham centre was know for attacks, but sp sliced all skinheads up and patrolled the roads looking out for the community. many sacrifices had to be made. after a while the skinheads died down as they feared retribution, then came the problem with some pakistani or islamic terrorists who targetted young sikh school girls etc and beat up punjabis, along with all this seva they thought sikhi principals and some youth left the drink and took amrit etc , the sikh community had unity and there was no divisions. even human rights abuses of sikh in India was in the agenda. However after the good years idiots destroyed the organisation and it was seen as a good option to retire. those were good days for punjabi honour, poeple thought twice b4 takin the piss , now its jus besti , no one takes us serioius, people luagh at us like we are clowns. Our boys have gone back to the drink, and our gals jus only some loose vibez. But for every old skool member who made sacrifices for the SP i saluate u TC, These new scummy punjabis who go to parks act hard then get beaten up , shame on uuuuu.

They grew up in the days when gang culture was youth culture whites were in to foot violence or skins black youth were against the system. Street brawls and knuckle dusters were part of everyday life for youths hanging around town centres, with their giro checks in the back of their drain pipe jeans.

Sp (bham) was made up of localised gangs mainly the Donkeys.

Around 1986 the firm hit the headlines when around 120 youths from handworth raided a pub in Aston which was HQ for their rivals the Aston panthers many were hurt.

In our community many have been naive as to the originals sp’s cause because as they are today as to what’s going on.

They were the first to realise that Sikh girls were being targeted by Pakistani gangs. Many people don’t apprecaite what they were doing using there own time to rescue girls who were abducted.

Sp were never shut down this is popular term used by people they RETIRED most now are mid 40s plus with families businesses mortgages. Some have become Singhs.

The following generation were meant carry it on, but it didn’t.

yeah this man is spot on, all our boys at the time were drinkers in the pubs, they had the odd fights with skinheads which it concerned themselves. however some people went to the pubs , united all the punjabi gangs who were fighting eachother over mainly petty things and turned their attention to murders being commited on the asians by the neo nazi skinheads who were stabbing or booting browns to death all over country. bham centre was know for attacks, but sp sliced all skinheads up and patrolled the roads looking out for the community. many sacrifices had to be made. after a while the skinheads died down as they feared retribution, then came the problem with some pakistani or islamic terrorists who targetted young sikh school girls etc and beat up punjabis, along with all this seva they thought sikhi principals and some youth left the drink and took amrit etc , the sikh community had unity and there was no divisions. even human rights abuses of sikh in India was in the agenda. However after the good years idiots destroyed the organisation and it was seen as a good option to retire. those were good days for punjabi honour, poeple thought twice b4 takin the piss , now its jus besti , no one takes us serioius, people luagh at us like we are clowns. Our boys have gone back to the drink, and our gals jus only some loose vibez. But for every old skool member who made sacrifices for the SP i saluate u TC, These new scummy punjabis who go to parks act hard then get beaten up , shame on uuuuu.

At the risk of sounding like a grandad here goes ... As Dizzee Rascal would say " blud don't make me GET OLD SKOOL"

fordcapri - I mean what a classic name !

a serious blast from the past

Wedges !! Sergio Tacchini tracksuits - classic Adidas / Diadora trainers with fat laces - a Fila BJ if you had serious money (or Rich parents or 'taxed' some rich kid) - awful golf jumpers (Gabicci /Pringle) worn with hopsack Farahs and white white trainers ! - wearing your choicest 'casual' 'Garms' while 'yarding out' / cruising around in a souped up Capri or attempting to breakdance on a piece of lino outside Woolworths or trying to beatbox like Doug E Fresh ! - that 'failed' attempt at Graffitti on the railway line (didn't become the next 'Banksy') - Talking in the most stupid way - vocabulary consisting of 'Safe' 'Yard' and 'Churpsing' !!!!

Brings it all back !

OK - memory lane trip over

I'll go away now before I embarrass myself anymore than I already have

Laters - I gotta chip :)

I have these informations from an ex SP from the London area. Of course I can't reveal his name but sure is these people have nothing to do with Sikhi. But if you want to defend criminals that's up to you!

This topic has been discussed many times before, but just to reiterate.. SP was Birmingham based, not London. It was headed by patriotic pro-Khalistani Panjabis who felt the need to stand up for the community, back then racist attacks, especially turban attacks were very common, as well as grooming, prostitution.

Because of the SP many sleazy day time gigs were banned. Gigs where naïve school girls would attend, easy prey for perverts. These gigs were organised by apneh to make a quick buck and take advantage of the fact that back then most Panjabi families wouldn’t allow daughters out late at night. Bhangra stars like Malkit Singh publicly apologised to SP for his wrong doings at these gigs.

Over a few years the reputation of SP grew and everyone was trying to live off the reputation, the hierarchy was no longer in control of all those who claimed to be SP.

Some took advantage of the street cred that SP had built up, and used to name for drugs. Hence the reason SP was officially closed, and newsletters stopped.

Yes, gangs did take advantage of the SP name, and yes things like drugs, and protection rackets happened, But pimping was never associated to SP.

If your “mate” from London did so, he did it off his own back, and was a shame to the name SP. In all honesty, he woulda been shot if he tried his luck doing that in Birmingham.

In the underworld and protection rackets the name SP is still prominent, and a youth revival of the original principles of which SP stood for is beginning to make a come back.

There are many good men, true Sikhs who stood up for Sikh values and the Panjabi community, many risked life and limb, some did time under the name SP. Don’t paint them all with the same brush because of you’re <banned word filter activated> “mate”.

In term of “defending criminals” I think you’ll find most of the heroes of our Panth were lawbreakers and revolutionists.

I defend them in my Ardas everyday.

thanks for all your help. But I thought that the Sp were re-forming? Wasn't there a meeting in smethwick? Does anyone know about that?

At the risk of sounding like a grandad here goes ... As Dizzee Rascal would say " blud don't make me GET OLD SKOOL"

fordcapri - I mean what a classic name !

a serious blast from the past

Wedges !! Sergio Tacchini tracksuits - classic Adidas / Diadora trainers with fat laces - a Fila BJ if you had serious money (or Rich parents or 'taxed' some rich kid) - awful golf jumpers (Gabicci /Pringle) worn with hopsack Farahs and white white trainers ! - wearing your choicest 'casual' 'Garms' while 'yarding out' / cruising around in a souped up Capri or attempting to breakdance on a piece of lino outside Woolworths or trying to beatbox like Doug E Fresh ! - that 'failed' attempt at Graffitti on the railway line (didn't become the next 'Banksy') - Talking in the most stupid way - vocabulary consisting of 'Safe' 'Yard' and 'Churpsing' !!!!

Brings it all back !

OK - memory lane trip over

I'll go away now before I embarrass myself anymore than I already have

Laters - I gotta chip :)

Dude that was old skool!

Don't forget "Tarahs" when Farahs were a luxury! Waffle trousers! Having a small crocodile on your T Shirt being something worthy of comment. Adidas Los Angeles (with the three "holes in them")

For the ghetto soldiers: Having to endure Adidas "four stripes" from Woolies. Whiz kid plimsoles. Claiming your trainers were "faster" than the next guys. Taping Hip Hop tunes off the radio. Spending whole days making mix tapes.

......<looks wistfully into the air>

Wow bikkie you're such a detective. No I am still on SA. Just curious about Sikhsangat. I have to say I was missing you darling. Muuuuaaaaah

As for nindiya, just because what I say doesn't fit your way of thinking doesn't mean it's nindiya. You should perhaps stop taking the stuff I say personally.The world doesn't rotate around you darling although you're still my favourite :wubc:

I wasn't talking about the Birmingham SP who did a good job cracking down on skinheads I am talking about the new SP in London. So stop getting paranoid ok?

Welcome to the forum, Javanmard. Talking a break from Guru Nindya on the SA forum?

Vaheguru Vaheguru Vaheguru.........................

Proactive Paaji, you are amazing. I would never have guessed that Jallebi was disguised as Sham-ster. Just goes to show that these lings are adopting the old indian trick of "Monkeys in Singhs clothings" :H: Ohhhh Ohhh Ahhhh Ahhhh

Thanks again :TH: