1. 1. Your Choice

• Educated
    • Non Educated
    • Dont Mind
  2. 2. Parents Choice

• Educated
    • Non Educated
    • Dont Mind

Sikhs are some of the worst capitalists around.

I'm illiterate, can you tell me what you mean by that?

First thing is we don't really need more illiterate pindus in the panth....lol

In answer to your question: money obsessed.

That's what we thought you meant, but just wanted to make sure.

If you're saying that Sikhs are obsessed with money, then what kind of Sikhism are you referring to? That's not Sikhism. Don't tarnish everyone with the same dirty brush.

Come on be realistic. Sikhs are well known for lavish weddings, swanky cars, gold overload. I'm not saying every last person but more than enough. People don't like to live simply.

u can say that about every culture/group of people... can't generalize...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Educated to an extent that I can have an intelligent conversation with her and not have too keep a look out incase she burns the house down cos she cant cook rice or something :) , some people who have degree's are so dumb sometimes!

Someones Intelligence can not be measured by a peice of paper...thats earnt by memerozing stuff for a short period of time and then forgetting it all after the exam.

Western Education is so Fickle. Massive chunks of Knowledge is poured into the brain; but barely 10% stays there...some exams are more a memory test with no current appilled knowledge; and even then one has to just remember current issues to put in the exam somewhere.

I wanna a type a Gyal who watches Newsnight and has deep political debates and conversations on various issues. Who is also articulate, though just because you can pronouce things currently dont make you educated either (Duke of Edinburgh comes out with some stupid comments).

Income dont matter, its not like we are going to starve to death if she's on the lowest minimum wage.

Well speaking on my Bhabee's terms lol (I can't chat bout myself am still a bachee ;) ) I reakon couples gotta be educated - this thread cnt be agreed with to a extent cos in todays day and age almost EVERYONE's got the basic education if not from schools they get taught at home. I know I want a Bhabee that educated - am not chattin bout degree etc cos thats what my olda bruva got speak on. I asked my mum and she goes she'd prefer them to be educated. I dont think you can use education as a tool to say we discriminate cos the more you learn the more experience you get - thats the whole point of lookin for someone that educated aint it? anyways i dunno all I know is my Bhabees gona b gorjuss n ALL that weva she educated or not :cool:

p.s. all u's sayin tht u dnt care weva ther educated or not most probably already married to sumone thts a upnorth ponce :) ...i am kiddin if u havent noticed... rolleyes.gif

I'd say education does matter because for lot of decent jobs you need a degree. California is expensive state to live in, but also has lots of opportunities for people who are qualified. So because its competitive in the job market, degree is kind of a necessity here. Without it, you're kinda screwed with the taxi/liquor shop/gas station or factory work. And I'm not talking about having money for the showoff stuff, just the bare necessities are expensive.

So yes, I'd want someone educated enough to understand that there are bacteria literally everywhere and that he needs to wash his hands!! Other than that, I don't care what he has a degree for, as long as he enjoys his job and it interests him.

Well its not totally hopeless to make a living without a degree. Business can bring good income if you know how to run a business well. Of course, you're either born with natural business instincts or you have to work with someone in their business to learn the trade. Or you go to college and take business classes :) lol.

Generally, based on all the people I know, it takes longer to get promotions and good wages without a degree. But when you're looking at a potential marriage offer or whatever there are lot of other factors you will consider before you decide to accept or reject the proposal. Education is a plus, though I'm noticing that these days girls are getting more educated than guys.