Bahadur Singh Reverts To Shi'a Islam, My Reasons

Surajsingh

This geeza's like some warped cartoon character, I wonder which one he'd be blink.gif

:lol:

im thinking a cross between Lex Luther from Superman and Dr Evil from Austin Powers............ blink.gif

Haha, I like that, but I think thats giving him too much credit. I was thinking more along the lines of The Brain from "Pinky and the Brain" constantly on the look out for a new plan to take over the world :@

each to there own wotever makes him happy and brings him closer to God..........what i will never understand is why ppl who convert have to find flaws in the "origional" faith as a basis of conversion................i mean what is the differnece between Allah and Waheguru.............ours journeys mat differ by the destination to aim for should be the same..................

Change your signature, or else! :lol: I know where you stay (6) (and I know you make gobhi which is my favorite...oops Heera Singh will have to wait some more now tongue.gif )

Great news, hope he finds peace there. No point having one feet in one boat and other feet in another boat, one have to decide which boat to be in in order to cross the ocean.
Exactly, but I don't know if its a great news, maybe for him...lol. Anyways I am no one to say anything against him as I am myself a convert (6), and I have had a mild experience with Shia Islam myself (while he had an extraodrinary one), and I must say it is a wikid way of life (I was also gonna convert to it ages ago when I had no clue about Sikhi (6) ). But guess what, nothing comes close to Sikhi!

To the rest of you who are going to post hate, hold it, take a deep breath, relax, and get on with your lives and Sikhi. He was meant to be a Shia, and now he is. God bless him. I must say I am glad he did it because of his spiritual yearning and not for a girl blink.gif .

Great news, hope he finds peace there. No point having one feet in one boat and other feet in another boat, one have to decide which boat to be in in order to cross the ocean.
Exactly, but I don't know if its a great news, maybe for him...lol. Anyways I am no one to say anything against him as I am myself a convert (6), and I have had a mild experience with Shia Islam myself (while he had an extraodrinary one), and I must say it is a wikid way of life (I was also gonna convert to it ages ago when I had no clue about Sikhi (6) ). But guess what, nothing comes close to Sikhi!

To the rest of you who are going to post hate, hold it, take a deep breath, relax, and get on with your lives and Sikhi. He was meant to be a Shia, and now he is. God bless him. I must say I am glad he did it because of his spiritual yearning and not for a girl blink.gif .

reason i said great news is because, any person who have duality(dubta) on selective path cannot find innner peace. As a sikh of sri guru nanak dev, i m happy for him that he is out of this dubta and finally reach some closure on the path he needs to follow. Good luck to him.

what i will never understand is why ppl who convert have to find flaws in the "origional" faith as a basis of conversion
You are right. I find myself unable to answer when someone asks me "What was wrong/missing in Hinduism that you felt the need to convert?" (ok I see 25 hands coming to my neck (6)...where is my mufflar, or scarf as the goray call it tongue.gif ). All I can say is that its not about Hinduism, its just that I found Sikhi as the answer to what I was looking for, and I felt it was the best for me.

what i will never understand is why ppl who convert have to find flaws in the "origional" faith as a basis of conversion
You are right. I find myself unable to answer when someone asks me "What was wrong/missing in Hinduism that you felt the need to convert?" (ok I see 25 hands coming to my neck (6)...where is my mufflar, or scarf as the goray call it tongue.gif ). All I can say is that its not about Hinduism, its just that I found Sikhi as the answer to what I was looking for, and I felt it was the best for me.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :console: thats so sweet, and thats the way it should be done.....................no hatred or bitterness to where you came from but love, humility and dedication to where you are going..............the jouney may differnt but our manzils are all the same............its does confuse me when ppl say "Guru Nanak was Hindu/Muslim blah blah blah........but at the same time i feel proud bcos everyone fighting to make Guru Jee theirs which in its own right shows how much of an impact He had accross other faiths.......................sikhi is an "ism" it is a way of life............to paint our jeevens with the rang of waheguru.................we have tools to help us.............we should use them wisely and not in hatred, anger or jelously towards others................Guru Ji lead their jeevans (all 10 roops) by example and praticed what they preached...............may waheguru bless all gursikh the strengh, pyaar and dhiaan to strive to lead a gursikh jeevan

waheguruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DHAN DHAN GURU NANAK DEV JI d_oh.gif

I don't know if this "Bahadar Singh" was a Sikh or not to start of with. I do know he has quite a wide knowledge of religions suggesting he is/was a student/teacher of religion. My personal belief is he was a Shia from birth but found deep interest in Sikh philosophy and was wavering between the two.

He never in his posts seems to bring up the character of prophet muhammad nor does he talk about aspects of islam which non-muslims find abhorant.

Netherless I have more respect and a better dialogue with shia and sufi muslims than the fanatical muslims of mainstream sects (waahabiya/sunni,etc).

Anyway good luck to him regardless of what faith he belongs.

Brov forget crossing the ocean, I would be more worried about the 2 boats going in opposite directions leaving me doing the Splits and eventually falling in the water :lol: