Bahadur Singh Reverts To Shi'a Islam, My Reasons

Surajsingh

gurbani is what the gurus taught us directly

katha and veechar upon gurbani within ones mind should be done daily and will change with progress

then why read jatha books. . .why not spend ur time reading more gurbani? lol. this convo isnt going anywhere. lol

Its ashame really, the furthest this Bahadar guy will get top is heaven and then he will have to come back into this world again!!

I think it really doesn't matter... one leave.. thousand come.. So it really doesn't matter in numbers.. its all about how you feel inside.. Its the blessing and very good karam that one is born into Sikh family and extreme lucky if one stays true to sikhi and teachings of guru sahibs.

Thats no qualification. Enough people born in the Sikh community convert to Islam and Christianity. Being born in a Sikh family is no qualification. In fact, one Singh asked Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee once "Sachay Patshah, those Mughal soldiers who fought against you, what will be of them? Obviously they can't go to hell because they had your darshan, and they can't have mukti either because they fought against you. So what of them?". To this, my Sahib replied "They will be born in Sikh families". Guess what, all these who convert to Islam, LOL, they are past life Mughals to begin with, and its only obvious that their soul is getting misled back to what it was stuck in earlier. 8 years? 80 years also doesn't give anyone a certificate that he/she is a Sikh!

Where did you hear this story from? Source?

mehtab veerji,

i must correct you about prof puran singh ji,

he never became a hindu in his life. ..

he was born a sikh...upon going to japan..he met a buddhist mahapurkh...and got highly impressed with the teachings and became a monk...

when he came back to india, he came into the sangat of a great saint, bhai sahib bhai vir singh ji and he felt that sikhi was his true path...

this is all documented in his autobiography, entitled, On Paths of Life...i suggest you as well as others read it....an amazing short book...

he was always opposed to what he called brahminism...you will see this opposition in many of his books, including spirit born people and spirit of the sikh...

the buddhist influence is also seen in some of his books...primarily... Prakasina...a novel about a buddhist princess and a spiritual seeker named mahamanji...written entirely with a buddhist backdrop...it chronicles the spiritual journeys of these characters as well as others...again..another amazing book...probably a masterpiece...as he manages to explain and portray the spiritual truths that our great gurus delivered to the world without even mentioning the word "sikh" "sikhism"