Dont Copy The "singhs" - Copy Real Gursikhs

AK-47

there isn't anything wrong with 'chilling' n what not... lifes all about balance... buh when there's 'all play and no pray', then obviously there's a problem.. goin out, watchin movies, playin sports etc... is not a 'bad' thing... i's jus when our minds get too focussed on that stuff n we forget about bani, simran, seva, sangat etc... it becomes a problem..

we on the path of gursikhi should kno that more of our time should be spent towards that stuff, and doing parchar of sikhi, and also LIVING the parchar that we give (whether it be verbally or visually i.e. wearing bana etc..)... buh that doesn't mean we can't 'have fun' either..

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but it can be very hard to tell the difference between the "singhs" and real Gursikhs unless u hang out with them, and by doing that u can sometimes automatically start doing what they do and acting like them.

Very difficult to stay with achee sangat all the time

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

I think if we look at the Jeevans of Naam Raseeye Gursikhs from the past and present, and try to 'copy' them as the original poster suggested in terms of what they do in Sangat , then we can also gain full Lahaa from the Sangat we keep. If nothing else, Gurbani, an Ocean of Priceless Jewels provides guidance about the Sangat we should keep and what one should do in this Sangat.

One such example is this account of a Gursikh, in the Sangat of a Gursikh, who talks to them about the Sangat of Gursikhs they did in the past. How great is that! :lol:

Gursikha Kee Dhoor - Gianee Nahar Singh Jee and his meeting with Bhai Saaheb.

gursikha kee har dhoor de

hum papee bhee ghat pae-i

I got to spend time with Gianee jee and we talked about the love gursikhs had for each other, he narrated a story of him meeting Bhai Saaheb which stuck with me.....

When he was 19 Bhai Saaheb Randheer Singh jee hugged him close to his chest like father and long lost son and rubbed his back lovingly saying 'Love of Mankind' will not effect you 'Love of Mankind' has no effect on you!

'Love of Mankind' was a book written by an athiest saying his God was mankind and serving mankind was the greatest supreme act in this world.

No-one except Akal Purakh knew that Gianee Nahar Singh was reading that book!!! After that Giani Nahar Singh went to his room and the book was on the table, but he no longer had any desire to read it.

GurSikhee woke up inside him, him and his brothers did keertan seva at many rensabaaee keertans along side Bhai Randheer Singh Jee. The first rensabaaee he went to bhai randheer singh jee started at 6pm and carried on absorbed in Vaaheguru jee's rung of love until the sangat asked to him to stop at 5pm the next day (only because they had to travel along way back to Bombay!).

After the hug of love at their first meeting, Bhai Randheer Singh jee asked him if he would sing a shabad, Gianee Nahar Singh jee said 'Yes, but would Bhai Sahib listen? He sang 'Remembering You I experience Great Joy,' It was a only short shabad, but Bhai Randheer Singh jee caught hold of the chorus and went into Maha-Anand singing it and extended the shabad for 2 hours!!!!

Giani Nahar Singh Jee said he was also blessed to have Darshan of the saint-scholar Bhai Veer Singh Jee. His family was on the way to Kashmir, the stopped at Harmandir Saaheb and his father talked to Bhai Veer Singh jee at the Khalsa Tract printing Press. Giani Nahar Singh Jee said, I sat quietly behind my father, I never met Bhai Veer Singh ji again but his prescence was so great that his spiritual vibrations were rippling out all over him. After that he read all of Bhai Veer Singh Jee's works and that is what made Sikhi solid inside him.

Having sat and talked to Gianee Nahar Singh Jee, I feel like I was hugged by Bhai Randheer Singh and that I was sitting infront of Bhai Veer Singh Ji revelling in the spiritual waves emanating from him!!!!!!!!!!

Then we sang a few shabads and he left for the airport.

gursikha kee har dhoor de

hum papee bhee ghat pae

There was a time when finding a GurSikh was like trying to get a glass of water in the desert. But Gurujee is ooch apar beant swamee (high, infinite, limitless Lord) and nowadays GurSikh rivers are flowing right infront of me.................follow the river and we'll get to the Ocean of VaaheguruJee.

http://www.akj.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=...&highlight=

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

'copying' and being 'inspired' by can be 2 diff things, no?

for example.. i can wear bana like Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh, buh if i'm jus mimicking bhai sahibs actions, then it doesn't mean much...

if we get inspired by Gurmukhs like bhai sahib, and take advice that they have given to us, and implement those things into our life, then thats a very big step in the right direction..

Lovely post AK 47 bai. I like.. Heera Singh already quoted the most important line..

One non-amrithdhari brother once noted that the 'singhs' were no different from his moneh mates except that they were vegetarian and didnt smoke and drink. Is this the 'sangat' that guru ji talks of?

Reminds me of an incident when i wasn't really into sikhi. Me and my friend were doing langar seva at a raensabai. Not many people were coming to eat so we two were easily handling everything. Once sangat started pouring in it became a bit hard for us so we started carrying two containers/buckets at once. We would put one on the floor while serving from the other. There was a group of amritdhari singhs in the langar hall. They saw us putting the baalti on the floor and one(was in complete bana) of em came and told us not to put the balti on the floor as its not right. We said okay and carried on with the seva.

Instead of helping us this Singh went back and started chilling again. That night i saw many such groups of Singhs and Kaurs chilling in the langar hall.

indeed i wasn't saying that...

Warrior, in ur opinion, how do we attain tru LOVE and ISHQ for the Lord?

Desire is entanglement, simply put the saying “be careful what you wish for” rings very true here. Desire can keep you chained to birth death and rebirth . In essence its always about what you want, what you desire you will undoubtedly receive. This is fundamentally the opposite to living according to Hukam. Living according to Hukam is living without desire.

We cannot “attain” true love for the Lord you can only fall in love with the Lord. The two are very very different.