Should Age Gap Count When Your Getting Married?

Guest _Gupt_

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to break it down a bit.

8th Guru was a child when he got gurgadi.......therefore rather than looking at the outside of someone we shud look inside. For instance did anyone watch that dating programme on channel 5 (uk) today where the australian tennis player was dating 40yr old women and 20yr old women to choose which one he liked.

Just like this thread he started off by having negative feelings about age. Then by the end of the programme he was like I am not gonna look at age...I am gonna look inside. When we look inside we don't even think about age. Therefore lets relate this to this question. Age should not feature as part of the marriage question. It should be about ure inside only. Age does not matter only inside matters.

This is very deep but please do not use this to try to justify that you would like to marry someone older. Doing so is an indirect link which is never true. In life when we cannot see things directly we look indirectly. However we can see directly that its only the inside that counts so lets stick to judging people by their insides.

Guest OpinionatedSing

Well that told me!

Yes i probably do get inimidated easily, mainly by older women. But Guest is right, inside counts the most. I never really looked at it that way. I cared more about what others thought. i Still do to some extent. Anyway I am too young to even think about marriage yet so i dont even know why i am responding lol.

Mafi if i said anything wrong. I am too immature. Really! My sister always says it to me.

Fateh Ji

I wrote the above. You tell your parents to find anyone who has an inside like you. In sikhi you would only be marrying for their inside beliefs, values etc. No point in marrying someone for somesort of age gap. If your parents know you then they will say my son is like this (your inside) and they will find out by talking to the other parents about what the girls inside is like. For instance by mum always tells people I never get angry but how at the same time I never listen to any else either.

Another thing many of my friends have done. The parents choose a match. Then they allow the girl and boy to talk for 6 months and do engagement and then marriage 1 year later. In between that time the girl and boy are free to talk and find out about each others personality and character all with the blessings of the parents of both sides

I guess I fail to see how you can see what a of person is on the inside, without actually getting to know them before marriage? Confused lot, are we? grin.gif

The longer I stay on this forum, the more I realize how people are just as confused as me biggrin.gif

ummm good point!

well i think some of those who arent confused have kinda left the forum or rarely say something and ...but there are some who ant confused..and they have replied to this thread (not me im jus confused as always.....people MAKE UP UR MIND people ..IT'S EITHER BLACK OR WHITE ...i dont have the eyes to look at the GRAY area...bit color blind u see lol)

It looks like some people are for the girl being older and some not..well there you go. There's your answer original poster!

Basically i say go for it! If i found a girl that was perfect but she was older i would not mind. As long as she is not 10 years older and looked like a bhuddi! Hahaha!

Guest OhTwadi
Basically i say go for it! If i found a girl that was perfect but she was older i would not mind. As long as she is not 10 years older and looked like a bhuddi! Hahaha!

You know what they say...women age like fine wine tongue.gif

PS. I'm too lazy to login :D

Hahahahahahaha!!! SO true! I hope no older women are offended. So what would the older girls say to the younger men?

Sorry if that came out wrong, i am very young myself. Maybe mature people can reply (not me)