Punjab Now A Land Of Bihari 'sardars'

2desi

They bring Hindu influence along with their 'culture',we can't get our religion sorted out and you lot worry about the economy ,Khalistan is the only solution,forget negotiations with Govts about Economy and development,maro goli

Wake up! Plenty of traditional Punjabi "Sikhs" bring Hindu influences to Sikhism. The amount of times I have gone to "SIkh" houses and seen pictures of Kali, Hanuman, Shiv (the blue guy), Ganesh (elephant headed one) is countless.

very true...in punjab, nearly every sikh house has pictures of mata sheran wali or rama and sita next to their pics of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj..not to mention the pics of the Radhaswami Guru nonono.gifhit.gif

Hell, even people (in the Uk) who proper look like traditional Sikhs have all sorts of dodgy images/idols in their houses.

As for RS, the amount of time I have known someone for ages only to find out that they weren't really Sikh but RS when I've gone round and seen a photo of their Guru on the wall.

thats happened to me loads of time aswell...they look like singhs, talk like singhs, eat like singhs (veggie stuff) but believe in the living radhaswami guru and matha tekh to him and his photo....

Most don't even believe in Guru Granth Sahib Ji but instead use saloks of Bhagta Kabir Ji and other Bhagats as their Holy Scriptures.

• 14 years later...
On 11/30/2007 at 9:48 PM, dalsingh101 said:

As for RS, the amount of time I have known someone for ages only to find out that they weren't really Sikh but RS when I've gone round and seen a photo of their Guru on the wall.

@dallysingh101I don't know a single one personally in UK. Probably I don't go other peoples' house much, lol.

Or you just keep dodgy company, lol

@shastarSingh Veer ji, as well as the original post on this thread, I remember hearing from relatives in Panjab that a lot of Bihari 'bhayea' in their area had become Amritdhari. Is this still true ?

28 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

I don't know a single one personally in UK. Probably I don't go other peoples' house much, lol.

Or you just keep dodgy company, lol

You need to come out from under your bed now and then! lol!!

I'm messing with you. I don't go people's houses much either these days . That was posted 14 years ago ffs!  

There are LOADS of closet RS. Very successful business types too. 

On 11/30/2007 at 1:48 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Hell, even people (in the Uk) who proper look like traditional Sikhs have all sorts of dodgy images/idols in their houses.

"Wait, where you going? Come back."

*Sound of screen door clapping as someone exits hurridly*