Lost And Drowning

Guest stupid and naive

Guest stupid and naive

vahiguroo ji.............im feelin so lost right now.....recently got into a relationship with someone whos my closest friend and who inspires me so much...i did an ardaas to maharaj to ask him whether that person was good for me ,my sikhi

this is the hukamnama i got

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Pannaa 619

soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorat(h) mehalaa 5 ||

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla:

hmrI gxq n gxIAw kweI Apxw ibrdu pCwix ]

hamaree ganath n ganeeaa kaaee apanaa biradh pashhaan ||

He did not take my accounts into account; such is His forgiving nature.

hwQ dyie rwKy kir Apuny sdw sdw rMgu mwix ]1]

haathh dhaee raakhae kar apunae sadhaa sadhaa ra(n)g maan ||1||

He gave me His hand, and saved me and made me His own; forever and ever, I enjoy His Love. ||1||

swcw swihbu sd imhrvwx ]

saachaa saahib sadh miharavaan ||

The True Lord and Master is forever merciful and forgiving.

bMDu pwieAw myrY siqguir pUrY hoeI srb kilAwx ] rhwau ]

ba(n)dhh paaeiaa maerai sathigur poorai hoee sarab kaliaan || rehaao ||

My Perfect Guru has bound me to Him, and now, I am in absolute ecstasy. ||Pause||

jIau pwie ipMfu ijin swijAw idqw pYnxu Kwxu ]

jeeo paae pi(n)dd jin saajiaa dhithaa painan khaan ||

The One who fashioned the body and placed the soul within, who gives you clothing and nourishment

Apxy dws kI Awip pYj rwKI nwnk sd kurbwxu ]2]16]44]

apanae dhaas kee aap paij raakhee naanak sadh kurabaan ||2||16||44||

- He Himself preserves the honor of His slaves. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. ||2||16||44|

what is maharaj sayin 2 me????

Well if it is a relationship outside of marriage, whether on a physical or emotional level, it is bad and not allowed, you don't need a Hukamnama to tell you this, it is common sense, in the same way you would not take a Hukamnama to see if you are allowed to smoke or not.

Guest ocean swimmer

Well from experience , i can tell u that relationships even though seeming innocent at first, or even for that reason of " finding ur life partner", are a road block in ur spirtual progress, unless ur like marriagble age or sumthing and r going to get married. U wont get anywhere with ur sikhi, i did the 1 step forward , 10 steps bak thing when i made that mistake, ( 1 step forward cause person also inspired me and helped me take amrit, (another ironic story , theres countless of these ) and alot of steps bak cause i ended up turning my bak on guru ji). Wow and that hukamnama is wow, reread, understand it, apply it to ur own life, i jus did to mine and im shocked, hope it helps

Well from experience , i can tell u that relationships even though seeming innocent at first, or even for that reason of " finding ur life partner", are a road block in ur spirtual progress, unless ur like marriagble age or sumthing and r going to get married. U wont get anywhere with ur sikhi, i did the 1 step forward , 10 steps bak thing when i made that mistake, ( 1 step forward cause person also inspired me and helped me take amrit, (another ironic story , theres countless of these ) and alot of steps bak cause i ended up turning my bak on guru ji). Wow and that hukamnama is wow, reread, understand it, apply it to ur own life, i jus did to mine and im shocked, hope it helps

Not all realtionships are bad.

People assume that relationship=lust=kaam=sex....which is NOT the case at all.

People also assume relaationships=distance from God...again not the case.

Each 'relationship' is individual...sure some do drag you away from God, but if it up to you as the individual to see that coming and stay away or change it.

I got into a relationship with a Sikh girl...non physical....she brought me back onto the path of Sikhi and we both teach each other about Sikhi and are progressing together on the path of Sikhi.

In fact, we are engaged and about to get married.

So it's not all bad as soo many people say.

But what IS important is being VERY aware of what is happening, keeping away from anything physical and keeping within Sikhi.

I don't think you should let ANYONE tell you what to do in relation to your relationship...if you are 100 % certain you match and you want to marry and your folks agree...go with it...

If you have doubt or can see yourself being dragged away from Maharaji...then let it go....

Just remember that you must work twice as hard to ensure you stay focussed on Maharaji.

man, most of u dont kno the topic starters age first of all

u all give random answers... you all could end up effecting this topic starters life significantly and u DONT KNOW HER/HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use brains them speak

damit!

they cud be at a age where he/she is ready to be married

dyvgMDwrI mhlw 9 ]

Raag Dayv-Gandhaaree, Ninth Mehla:

jgq mY JUTI dyKI pRIiq ]

In this world, I have seen love to be false.

Apny hI suK isau sB lwgy ikAw dwrw ikAw mIq ]1] rhwau ]

Whether they are spouses or friends, all are concerned only with their own happiness. ||1||Pause||

myrau myrau sBY khq hY ihq isau bwiDE cIq ]

All say, ""Mine, mine"", and attach their consciousness to you with love.

AMiq kwil sMgI nh koaU ieh Acrj hY rIiq ]1]

But at the very last moment, none shall go along with you. How strange are the ways of the world! ||1||

mn mUrK AjhU nh smJq isK dY hwirE nIq ]

The foolish mind has not yet reformed itself, although I have grown weary of continually instructing it.

nwnk Baujlu pwir prY jau gwvY pRB ky gIq ]2]3]6]38]47]

O Nanak, one crosses over the terrifying world-ocean, singing the Songs of God. ||2||3||6||38||47||