Children

sikh_youth_uk

You guys need to look back at Sikh history for your answers:

Personally I believe we should aim at first making them decent human beings and let that lead to amrit. Doing it the other way sometimes has the effect that the original poster mentioned where the children rebel and go completely the wrong way.

wouldnt you say Sikh principles show you a way of being a better person?? if thats the case the only parental guidence you need is Sikhi.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

parents should be able to hit children
ohmy.gif there are better ways to discipline kids man rolleyes.gif

oh and 1800 called, they are sick and tired of you, feel free to join us in 2007 anytime :)

A pinch of fear gets results - fact

I got the Cain many a time at Junior and infants school - (Wooden table tennis racket)

parents in our communty dont hit kids anymore cos there getting too liberal and western.

..and they suffer when their kids turn in to adults.

You guys need to look back at Sikh history for your answers:

Personally I believe we should aim at first making them decent human beings and let that lead to amrit. Doing it the other way sometimes has the effect that the original poster mentioned where the children rebel and go completely the wrong way.

wouldnt you say Sikh principles show you a way of being a better person?? if thats the case the only parental guidence you need is Sikhi.

Well, as the post suggests people are doing something wrong. You don't have to look far to see the children of Amritdhari parents being really slack.

Besides you missed the main point of my post i.e. that even some of our Gurus had major issues with their own children. What better upbringing in Sikhi can someone have than being raised in teh house of a Guru?

You do realize that it isn't always the parent's fault.

For instance, I took Amrit mostly coz of the people I hang out with and their influence. Yeah my parents helped me along the way but even without them I would have taken it. In the same way, if i hung out wiv ppl at skool who influenced me to do summin bad, my parents would find it very hard to stop me frm talking to my school friends, and, knowing how stubborn I can be, might neva be able to put me on the path of sikhi.

What I'm trying to say is that parents don't always play a big part in what kids choose to do, nd some ppl just don't show any interest in sikhi whatsoever. U can't force sikhi down somebody's throat, they have their own minds and will always do what they wanna do. U don't know how hard these parents have tried, so avoid judging them.

Also, smacking won't really stop ppl from doing summin bad wiv their lives.

I no sum kids my age whose dads would come home stinking of booze on saturday nite and they (kids) would get a slap for slap for staying up late.

Done them no harm.

Not like your noncey poncey youth today with their ipod and hi5 profile, they have it too easy.

Yep, I would agree that many of the new generation have it way too easy and many are turning into soft poncey twats. As for many of the current generation of Punjabi girls from Sikh backgrounds......

I no sum kids my age whose dads would come home stinking of booze on saturday nite and they (kids) would get a slap for slap for staying up late.

Done them no harm.

Not like your noncey poncey youth today with their ipod and hi5 profile, they have it too easy.

Yep, I would agree that many of the new generation have it way too easy and many are turning into soft poncey twats. As for many of the current generation of Punjabi girls from Sikh backgrounds......

Those punjabi slappers need the biggiest slap espically the school girls ones who wear make up.