Ishnan?

Can anyone give me any tuks from bani, were it is mentioned if it is necessary to take a bath with cold water or can we also take it with warm water???

wjkk wjkf

forgive me if i am wrong... i dont think so that it says anywhere in gurbani that we MUST have bath with cold water.

This may have brought up as a sort of ritual into sikhism that we must take bath with cold water.

sikhi is a practical religion. imagine, living in UK in winter, it wont be possible to sleep whole night under central heating and then have bath with cold freezing water.

We MUST not let our mind stuck in these things (e.g. bath with cold water or hot etc.) and focus more on the teachings of our guru ji and do ardaas that he makes us follow his path.

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

There was a a great seeker who would rise early in the morning to meditate. He'd walk up to the Ganga river wet his blanket in the frigid cold water and wrap it around him so his mind would stay awake and not fall back into sleep.

Cold water is an instrument to awaken your mind early in the morning. Let us not create a dogma around it that somehow God expects "only" cold water to be used. Using Cold water in a Rehatnama ensures that the Saadhik who does indeed awaken in the morning will remain awake if he was instructed to bathe with Cold Water.

Use it as an instrument, not as Gospel. If indeed you wanted to awaken yourself in the morning your mind would've come up with using cold water regardless if you were instructed to do so by a Rehatnama or not.

main reason why gursikhs use cold pani is to keep them awake and alert. u wake up in december and pour freezing cold water on u, the first thing u will say is VAHIGUROOOOOOOO (nice and loud) lol.

wjkk wjkf

good reason.... but i think might end up saying... "O Teri..."...lol :s :D

wjkk wjkf