Muslim/sikh Relationship

Guest anonymous girl

I would like to know what religion you were/born into before you became Sikh, if you would not mind telling?

I would like to hear about your journey into Sikhism, again if you do not mind sharing.

"Curious" jee, I was born in a Hindu family. Trust me there is nothing, not an iota to learn about me or from me. Typing long posts online is the easiest thing to do, but living upto it is what the challenge is all about, and that is where I have failed miserably and many times. If my post helped someone, I thank Gurujee that I was worth some sewa.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gurfateh ppl http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/92.htm even though its a christian site it explains a lot guru ji has already tolds us not to have relationships by going to the root of the problem, as sexual relation before marriage is a BUJJAR KURET only when your married is this kind of relationship alowwed. read the link i think you can understand where im coming. dass

Guest Curious
I would like to know what religion you were/born into before you became Sikh, if you would not mind telling?

I would like to hear about your journey into Sikhism, again if you do not mind sharing.

"Curious" jee, I was born in a Hindu family. Trust me there is nothing, not an iota to learn about me or from me. Typing long posts online is the easiest thing to do, but living upto it is what the challenge is all about, and that is where I have failed miserably and many times. If my post helped someone, I thank Gurujee that I was worth some sewa.

Thank you Mehtab for replying, you sound like a very modest, humble person. I have many unanswered questions about Sikhism as explained I have only just taken an interest to learn about it. Hence why I turned to you as you must gained some answers in life to convert.

My understanding is Guru Nanak was given a message from God which he made his mission to spread. I can totally understand this and relate to this. I feel quite content and at peace with this too. However I am confused about the other Gurus. I have nothing but respect for all of them and am grateful for all they did.

However I need help understanding whether the Gurus that followed after Guru Nanak have added things to the religion based on what was happening during political times or whether these were actually what God wanted ie. Khalsa, the 5 k's, etc.

Were the other Gurus devoted religious men appointed to deliver the message God had given Guru Nanak or were they delivering messages that God had given them directly? I have difficulties understanding whether we are following words/messages of religious men devoted to their religion and God or if they are directly God's words/messages. With Guru Nanak I am content in believing he came back and delivered God's message.

Please do not think I am being ignorant, I am wanting to understand and seek knowledge. If you could advise on any literature I can read that would be much appreciated. It is hard to know which books contain truth and which are opinated. This only leads to further confusion.

My friend, thank you for your time and kindness.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was sent to the earth to preach the truth which illuminates a pth to the truth in this dark world of Kal Yug.

Guru Nanak and the other Gurus were the same people. This is hard to grasp. They were the same person. The Joyt inside all of them was the same. All the Gurus told the same thing. All the things they did was a direct order from Waheguru. The Khalsa being made by Guru Ji... an order of Allah.

Its hard to explain too. The Gurus had direct connection to Waheguru. Whatever they say it is the word of God.

This is to hard to explain mabye someone else could give a better explanation.

fateh ji,

God sent guru nanak dev ji down to stop nasha, teach the word of god through a truthfull way of life. i.e. kal taaran ... if one was to be political, and call themselves a sikh, but not practice, our gurus sed they dont like it and its not what god wants. as we all know about what guru gobind singh ji said, 'rehet piyaari muj ko....' to teach the way of life, the 5 k's had to be putinto place and the khalsa had to be created. it says this in bachitar naatak. akaal purakh ki fauj.. (the army of god) nishaan_sahib_right.gif

this now may seem like a divergance but it has some relevance ... guru gobind singh ji (in the bachitar naatatak) said that god gave mohammed raaj over the arabic language and islam to teach gods name but what he done was make the people to say his name insted. then guru gobind singh ji said i have come to this earth (unlike mohammed) to make the people say the name of god. and this is what i have done. <<<<this is what guru ji had sed in here.

so teaching gods hukam was done through rehet. and all what sikhs do is as a result of rehet. it falls under this caragory of rehet..(rehet = way of life)......

MITTIE DHUNNDH JAG CHANAN HOA! i love this tuk from guru ji! from the narak of earth, the light has come! (from god! oviously!)

i felt from your writing (from mr curious ji) that you didnt understand that the bani, dhur ki bani, (bani from up there) was comming down into the gurus and the gurus taught it/wrote it.. there are many versions of what i am about to tell you... guru gobind singh ji had to recite the guru granth sahib. which they did..

basikly, a verson of this story is that...while the fauj from guru gobind singh jiz time were taking the aad granth from one place to another, they came to a river and had to cross it.. in crossing it, the aad granth got swept away.. lost.. (it hurts! i no!) so guru gobind singh ji went into a tent and for (here is the amazingness of it all) 9 months, 9 weeks , and 9 days, guru gobind singh ji recited dhur ki bani. (with bhai mani singh ji as the scribe) this went to (i think) damdami taksal (hope i am right!correct me???)

>>>>>>(by the way, the dassam ji granth was ment to be alot more larger than it is now, but bani got lost... i call it, swept away,lost in the ages) its just so apocalyptic<<<<<<

another story is that guru gobind singh jiz guru ship was questioned by some people that wanted the guru granth sahib so these people told guru ji that they wanted the guru granth sahib as well, and that if guru gobind singh ji is true guru, y dont they just take their own vaak and stuff.. so (as this version goes,...) guru gobind singh ji gave this saroop to these people (i say these people but they were at a gurudwara and guru ji were passing by..)gave this saroop to these people and then went into the tent for the 9 months, 9 weeks , and 9 days. bhai mani singh AND baba deep singh were the scribes...i gess they took shifts....(!)

so the message is the same, no matter which guru was teaching it....

some naamdhariz say that if "bani guru, guru hai bani" is true, since guru arjan said this, written this in guru granth sahib, there should have not been any gurus after guru arjan dev ji...

to me this is durmat (upside down thinkin!!!)

the message from god was still comming untill guru gobind singh ji compleated the aad granth and made it guru granth...(by adding the salork and dohera and raagmala)

this is how the jorrt is the same in all das gurus.

by the way!!!

books are crap!!! haha!! tongue.gif i always always say this ! as it is just the same as translations!it is someones interpretation! and to them it is more of a subject matter (as they are schollars and stuff) than anything else... books do help.. but as said by mr curous ji, confuzzlations (confussion) is inevitible...

hope i have answered some of the issues preposed by mr curious jee....

pul chul kima

• 1 year later...
Guest jay_frm_UK

i m a sikh ............... and i m in luv wiv a muslim bengali girl .....shez so scared of her family ..shez like so confused she doesnt knw wa to do ... id say u marry him ... coz its the matter of a lifetime ..init ... :) ....