How To Convince A Sikh About Islam

Singhballer

"When all else fails it is but ritcheous to raise the sword" - Guru Gobind Singh Ji

There are many ways to prove a point or do something... the sword is the last resort if no one shall listen to the truth.

Also i would expect a Khalsa who has Vidiya of Shastars to always carry a Kirpan which is usable.

Also i would expect a Khalsa who has Vidiya of Shastars to always carry a Kirpan which is usable.

Then some serious miscommunication has occurred as most Singhs I know carry kundian (blunt) kirpans.

Oh dear, what a mess this thread has become. Someone posts about the genuine threat of Muslims who use the internet to attack Sikhi and the first person attacks him tells him to cut the crap! One can imagine where Sikhi would be today if a Singh in the 18th century had rushed to his village and tried to warn the Sikhs there that the Muslims had put a price on each Sikhs head that they were coming to the village to cut as many Sikh heads as possible! Probably the village <banned word filter activated> (each village has one) would have said 'Cut the crap, don't you know Islam is a religion pf peace, you're just a hatemonger and you're a disgrace to the Gurus' Possibly the same <banned word filter activated> would have mentioned Baba Farid..Bhai Mardana etc just to put his point across. What was that saying that a wise person once said "those who forget the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them"

The most disturbing thing here is how Sikhs are prepared to attack a fellow Sikh in defence of a Muslim who claims to believe in Mohammed's revelation as well as Guru Nanak's message. Is a revelation different from a message. Technically revelation means a revelation from God and message can be something that anyone can proclaim. Didn't Guru Nanak also have a revelation? Or am I just being a bit paranoid? Interacting with Muslims all my life has taught me one thing, beware of Muslims claiming to be two contradictory things. A bit like saying I believe the earth is flat and that it is round! Believers in Mohammed's prophethood and believers in Guru Nanak's message. Two completely contradictory things and something that it looks like only one Sikh on this thread seems to have comprehended. All the others were too busy attacking her to have time to consider exactly what she was saying. But we live and learn I suppose.

One might not like the comments made by UKGuptKaur, but just because you want to live your lives divorced from reality does not mean that what she is saying is wrong. She has made some very good comments and I'm not at all surprised at some of the people who chose to attack her, they are shall we say the usual suspects. They will attack anyone who has anything negative to say about Islam, although I am surprised at some of the members who joined in that attack, I thought they were better than that. But then again it takes courage to stand alone against the baying pack.

Unlike some of the people who attacked her, UKGuptKaur made some very good points based on facts. The discussion on the word Kafir was interesting. She provided a reference which is in line with academic thinking, but the person who had the gall to attack her based his view that kafir actually means 'an atheist' because some Muslim told him so. That Muslim must have had a good laugh at his expense. It is not unusual for a Muslim to lie in order to cover up a particularly bad aspect of Islam especially if the person asking the question has little knowledge of the subject. You see this everyday in the media with Muslim spokesmen, trying to deflect the attention of the public by claiming the word Islam means peace when it really means submission. They will claim that it is against Islam to kill innocent people but they won't actually tell you that your innocence is gone if after being told about Islam and being invited to embrace it, you reject it. They will try the usual bout of verbal gymnastics to try and deflect from the very real problems that any person with a belief in human rights has with the constrictive and oppressive ideology called Islam.

Anyway that's the end of my take on this thread, maybe some of the people will try and research further and deeper into the things that they think they know about and not rely on the words of Inayat Bunglawala or other Muslim spokesmen or in what they read in papers like the Guardian or the BBC website.

So, umm, I'm lying to this board so I can ride over the hill and slaughter you? I'm not quite clear what you're even getting at here. Hopefully such a comparison sounds asinine even to you. For such a long message, you said very little, though, so it's hard to tell.

I'm sorry I took Nanak's words about the unity of god and the unity of man beneath god as inspirational. Silly me, I guess I don't have the right to do that since I don't wear a turban and speak Punjabi.

If you don't trust Muslims, that's your business I suppose. I've always thought the attitude "I was born into large heterogenous group A, we rule, but everyone in large heterogonous group B is bad" is kind of pointless, you know, kinda the attitude the Mughals had. You do know I'm not a Mughal and have nothing to do with them, right? I'm not even Desi. All the retarded little grudges over ancestral real estate battles you guys carry around mean nothing to me.

It takes zero courage to stand up to anyone online. Ohhhh, UKgk managed to paranoicly be rude to me online, what a moral victory. Is that warrior spirit or something where you live? I'm fairly certain you'd never run your mouth to me if we met in real life, but that just is what that is.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been helpful and answered questions/given resources on this site. I'm leaving anyway because I don't have time to deal with suspicious fools baselessly accusing me of perfidy and lying (to no apparent gain). I work hard for a living and while I make time to study truth as best I can, I don't have time or inclination to engage in internet polemics. So long, and thanks to most of you.

So, umm, I'm lying to this board so I can ride over the hill and slaughter you? I'm not quite clear what you're even getting at here. Hopefully such a comparison sounds asinine even to you. For such a long message, you said very little, though, so it's hard to tell.

Read my post before you reply to something you think I wrote. I compared the online Muslim attempt to denegrate Sikhi to the 18th century not your coming to this forum. I didn't say you were lying I said I found it hard to believe that someone can believe in Mohammed's teachings and yet still believe in Guru Nanak's teachings as well.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been helpful and answered questions/given resources on this site. I'm leaving anyway because I don't have time to deal with suspicious fools baselessly accusing me of perfidy and lying (to no apparent gain). I work hard for a living and while I make time to study truth as best I can, I don't have time or inclination to engage in internet polemics. So long, and thanks to most of you.

Ji, don't leave...Just like you said fools baselessly accuse...Let these fools be...

You know Abdus Salaam, Nanakji's companion, Bhai Mardanaji, was a muslim...But that didn't affect their relation of friend/friend, guru/discipline, god/devotee, father/son...Guru Nanak Dev Ji, god himself, didn't say muslims were bad...who the hell are we to say these harsh words?...Just bones/blood wrapped in skin creatures? lol... We are no one to break someone's heart like this...

Ji, I request you...To forgive the fools and don't go...Nanakji lives in one's heart but when that heart is hurt...It hurts him first...So don't go...Just forgive the fools...They live in doubts which takes them to very different paths...Come back =)

The great danger of conversion in all ages has been that when the religion of the high mind is offered to the lower mind, the lower mind, feeling its fascination without understanding it, and being incapable of rising to it, drags it down to its level by degrading it.

The great danger of conversion in all ages has been that when the religion of the high mind is offered to the lower mind, the lower mind, feeling its fascination without understanding it, and being incapable of rising to it, drags it down to its level by degrading it.

I'm sure that whatever you're saying is good...but can you explain it in simple English for me...I'm unable to digest High-Tech English :D