Amritsar Busses

Guest vsd

I think you should be careful. I am from England but my experience of the Indian public has been awful. The first time I went India was when I was 1 years old. I cannot remember anything about that but I can tell u everyother time there has always been a problem

Second time I remember going india. I was 8 years old. I went with my parents and someone on the aeroplane stole my mums bag which had money in it. We don't know who took it other than mum went toilet and when she came back it was nowhere there. Then we landed at Dehli airport. My 4yr old sister needed the toilet so mum went with her and left me to look after the luggage. This lady told my mum that she wud stand (we have no idea where she came from). Mum told her that there was no need since I will be standing by the luggage. So mum takes sister and the same lady comes up to me saying go with ure mum I told her I will look after your stuff. I then let her know that mum said I should stay here. Then she walks off and comes back saying my mum needs me in the toilet and that I will have to go and nothing will happen to the luggage. I didn't know what to do cos she made em think my mum was in trouble but then suddenly mum and sister come out. I then worked out that lady was dodgy.My mamaji collected us from the Delhi Airport in his jeep and took us to Punjab, so the rest of the journey was fine.

Now this next story is about Delhi Airport too cos they never used to have amritsar airport. My nana Ji got TB in India. Mum was called and she booked an emergency ticket to India Delhi. MamaJi was meant to collect mum but he never came. Mum stayed sitting in the airport for 8 hours. She then noticed another man who looked like a decent singh. He told her that he was waiting for his family too and it doesn't look like they are gonna come so he is getting cab. Mum has seen him on the flight but she really wanted mamji to come so she told him she doesn't want to share cab cos she has family coming. Mum then tried to ring the house phone in Punjab but no one was answering. Finally she thought about how kind the man seemed and how they had shared a flight so he must be okay. She also thought what if no one comes and then its better that I go with this man than be an only female in a cab.

Anyways she shared cab and the ride was okay. They did veechar on religious topics. Then as they were going to Punjab the taxi passed a famous place where u can get cheap alcohol. (dunno wat it is called) The man wanted to buy alchohol. Mum told him not to buy it and then he said he was paying half cab fare and how he can buy. So he buys his alcohol and gets tipsy. Mum is forced to sit in cab with him. Everytime he said a wrong word mum hit him with her kara. They are nearly about to reach but the road is blocked with flood water. The taxi driver doesn't know what to do so the tipsy man says I will show u another route. The other route was in the opposite direction to the mans friends house. He gets out there and then lets mum and taxi driver know that he has come here because going to his house around the flood is going to be hard. He leaves mum and taxi driver stranded. Mum tells the taxi man to go and they will find another route by themselves.

It is really late in the night now. Its dark outside and mum and taxi man are all lost. They happen to see the police and they decide to stop and ask them for another route. The police men come over. He doesn't help mum instead he says where are u from? When he finds out mum is from England he wants to look in the boot. 3 policeman look in the boot and start whispering to each other. Then they come over and say get out or I am going to shoot you. Mum gets out of the car and so does the taxi man. Taxi man starts crying saying how he is really poor and how he has family etc.

The police officer comes over and says he wants money. Mum tells him she has no money. Other officers arrive and say they have found an empty alcohol bottle. Mum then tells the police man that she shared a cab and the other man must have left it in the boot. The police man goes liar. You are a bad woman. You have drank it. He then tells her to stand infront of him and points the gun at Mum. Mum really did not know what to do. He then starts speaking. He says I want you to give me all the money you have otherwise I am going to kill you for having this alcohol bottle. I will tell people you were a drunk prostitute etc

Mum tells him she does not know where the money is then he goes fine I will search for it., The 3 police men literally pull apart the suitcase. They found pounds and start counting it. They had no idea what money it was cos they kept saying dollars. Anyways they say this is not enough money. Mum tells them she has none. He pulls the gun to mum and the taxi driver saying then I will kill you. Taxi driver starts mumblin how he was only meant to drop mum off to X place. Then the other officer goes wait X place, so and so's family. He then goes to the man holding the gun don't do anything. There will be trouble if we kill her. We will just keep the money.

Mum and taxi driver then got away. When mum reached home she told mamaji. Everyone was really horrified. Trouble is mum did not get any of the officers names because none of them wore name badges. Whilst the officers were counting the money she heard one call the other Jatinder. She described the officer to my mamaji and how his name was Jatinder. Mama ji then went over to visit his friend in the police station to ask which officers were on duty at that location at that time in the night. On his way one of the officers asked why he wanted to see so and so person. Mamaji did not realise this officer was the same officer who wanted to kill mum and rob the money. So mamaji being the honest person told him that he must see his friend because of what happened to his sister (my mum). The officer suddenly turned a funny colour and then mamaji read his name badge and it said jatinder on it. Then he worked out it was him the guy suddenly started crying saying how he was really sorry and how he is a poor caste and how ihe will lose his job. He begged mamaji not do say anything cos then his name will be shamed. He started talking about his children and how great mamaji would be to forgive his horrible mistake.

Mamaji is kinda a nice person so he decided okay if u return the money and apologise to my sister that will be okay. The next day 3 police officers came to the house in Punjab. Mamaji's house has a single road that leads to only his house. So on the first day everyone saw the officers come and stop at the bottom of the road. They kinda stood there talking and then left. They finally came 3rd day and said here is the money and then they started apologizing saying how they never knew mum was his sister. Mamaji then told them that its not about that. Its about whether they understood their mistake they were like yea. Then mum goes count the money and suddenly the officers are like we better get going. Mamaji is like no wait. They count the money and its only half. Then mamaji says this is half. One of the officers then tells mamaji how he spent it etc and how he will give the rest back. Finally on 4th day all the money is returned.

The moral of the story

1. India is full of liars, corrupt and manipulative people.

2. If your don't know anyone higher up in India then your gonna get killed, especially if you belong to a poor family background.

Another story. Once Amritsar airport opened we thought thank god less problems if we go India now. So this time my 14 yr old sister and 7 yr old sister go to India all by themselves and mamaji was going to pick them up in the airport. Here's wat happens to my sister. She lands at amritsar airport and they want a form filled in where you have to say where your living. My sister only knew mamaji's house and mobile number cos thats the only thing we gave her - ie to call him if there is trouble. The guy at the airport is like no writing phone numbers is not good I need the address. My sister tells him the district in Punjab but he is not happy. She then tells him if she that she can see mamaji and she will go and ask him. The man is like no you cannot do that. She then goes okay you go and ask him then. He is like no. He then makes my sister sit in a room and says he will talk to her when everyone else's forms have been checked. My sister luckily say on the flight and had made friends with the boy sitting next to her who claimed to be a singer in Punjab. He said his name was Jita even gave her his cards. Anyways when she is in this room my sister starts thinking about who can help her and suddenly she notices that he is being let out. She gets up to call him and the man goes I told you to not leave this room. She tells him she wants to go and speak to him (he still has not left) but she gets told to sit in the room.

My sister then comes up with a plan to send my little 8yr old sister to get the singer. The singer comes over and is like whats going on? The man asks and who are u? He is like wats it to you. I wanna know why my sister is in this room. The guy then goes oh well she never told me u were her brother. Its just she has not filled the form in and I told her to wait here so we could ring the number she has to find out the address! Anyways the singer goes oh lemme fill it. He writes his own address and starts telling my sister to be more careful and how she should just walk with him now. They go to the conveyor belt and my sisters suitcases are not there (she actually forgot to put locks on them). The singer boy then asks the airport people what is happening and they start saying how all the suitcases are gone and maybe it went onto the wrong belt. At amritsar they only had one belt and he was like wat do u mean wrong belt - there is only one belt. The guy then goes I will check at the back. He goes and comes and says nothing is there. The singer is like lemme check and they are like no no u cannot go there. He actually just barge's in and is like whose suitcases are these.....they were mhy sisters.....so yea another awful ariport corruption story!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials at the airports in India are corrupt. But sending a 14 and 7 year girls alone to India and with just a name and phone number is unwise. Some of the people who come from outside India are just asking for themselves to be ripped off. The scumbags at immigration are just looking for an excuse to rip people off and by not having the correct information you give them an excuse to detain you and ask stupid questions.

It also doesn't help that some of the people from the west going back to India don't know the first thing about dealing with indian officialdom. It's all a psychological game, if you appear timid and unsure of yourself then the officals will pick on you as a soft target. If you appear confident and sure of what's going on then you'll breeze through immigration. In my experience an insult or two also helps. So before you pass your documents to the immigration official insult him. Have a go at the way he is sitting or how slow he is in using his outdated 286 computer or the amount of oil he has in his hair. Best thing to say when he asks for your passport is 'EH LAI BABLOO'. Straightaway the guy's on the defensive, either he'll think you are well connected or that you're a regular traveller who knows the rules and regulations and he won't be able to browbeat you by trying to detain you.

The officials at the airports in India are corrupt. But sending a 14 and 7 year girls alone to India and with just a name and phone number is unwise. Some of the people who come from outside India are just asking for themselves to be ripped off. The scumbags at immigration are just looking for an excuse to rip people off and by not having the correct information you give them an excuse to detain you and ask stupid questions.

It also doesn't help that some of the people from the west going back to India don't know the first thing about dealing with indian officialdom. It's all a psychological game, if you appear timid and unsure of yourself then the officals will pick on you as a soft target. If you appear confident and sure of what's going on then you'll breeze through immigration. In my experience an insult or two also helps. So before you pass your documents to the immigration official insult him. Have a go at the way he is sitting or how slow he is in using his outdated 286 computer or the amount of oil he has in his hair. Best thing to say when he asks for your passport is 'EH LAI BABLOO'. Straightaway the guy's on the defensive, either he'll think you are well connected or that you're a regular traveller who knows the rules and regulations and he won't be able to browbeat you by trying to detain you.

i totally agree, you have to be confident when you deal with scumbags at the airport, minute they realise that you are vulnerable they will keep exploiting...

also your comment "EH LAI BABLOO" .. it just too classic..hahahah LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

o yaar don't worry abt aything. if u have only few things with u just go out of airport and ask some singh to give u a ridee ( if in case taxi ppl want more money than u expect ). if nothin works pm me i will try to call my frnds someone should be free and he will pick u and drop u at darbar sahib.

It's all a psychological game, if you appear timid and unsure of yourself then the officals will pick on you as a soft target. If you appear confident and sure of what's going on then you'll breeze through immigration.

Right on bruv !!! whenever i am in India, I am always on rough nature.. you may say defensive mode..

On my first visit.. i was all well behaved and ppl do take advantage of you but you get used to it after a while. Last time i was there, i lived about 3 months and learned lot.. believe me "A LOT"... My experience goes from Bad hired drivers to rude shopkeepers (especially amritsareeyayy)...

Picked fight with those car parking fees outside of harmandir sahib (can you imagine they (asr police) charge you Rs 10 for parking ur car in front of harmandir sahib and thats 3am in the morning and on the ground owned by SGPC..), chessy airport baggage handlers, dozens of drivers on road and especially enjoyed my black market newly installed Police siren on my car and oh driving without license for whole 2 months haha.. I have been in soooo many pangay.. and that all along with my singhni.. I was about to get into a fight with 10+ college students in a cafe (brista) in shimla..

My point is that.. be nice but with nice ppl but always be on guard and be rough with strangers no matter what..

lol yooo the way u lot are going on i tink iam gonna leave going lol.

i asked a question about how to get to harmandar sahib, and ur telling me how ur moms nearly got shot blink.gif lol. iam in 2 minds