Is Waheguru Naam?

besoft

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

satnaam is NOT naam, in gurbani it is clearly stated that NAAM can not be written down, NAAM can not been seen. NAAM can only be heard and is given by the satguru when u enter his domain. SATNAAM means naam that has come from sat (sach/truth/god)...in gurbani naam is also called NAAM NIRANJAN.....the only way to get to NAAM is by chanting the gurus manter which is VAHEGURU. All other manters will not allow u to get to naam, and without naam there is no mukti, there is no way to meet god but to get to naam u must first japp the gurus manter which is vaheguru.

As for moolmanter, we say moolmanter is the first pauri of jap ji sahib BUT gurbani says mool manter is NAAM: mool ma(n)thra har naam rasaaein kahu naanak pooraa paaeiaa ||5||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Maaroo

satnaam is NOT naam, in gurbani it is clearly stated that NAAM can not be written down, NAAM can not been seen. NAAM can only be heard and is given by the satguru when u enter his domain. SATNAAM means naam that has come from sat (sach/truth/god)...in gurbani naam is also called NAAM NIRANJAN.....the only way to get to NAAM is by chanting the gurus manter which is VAHEGURU. All other manters will not allow u to get to naam, and without naam there is no mukti, there is no way to meet god but to get to naam u must first japp the gurus manter which is vaheguru.

As for moolmanter, we say moolmanter is the first pauri of jap ji sahib BUT gurbani says mool manter is NAAM: mool ma(n)thra har naam rasaaein kahu naanak pooraa paaeiaa ||5||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Maaroo

Yes you are right, but we should recite SATNAAM SHRI VAHEGUROO JI, not waheguru on its own.

Yes you are right, but we should recite SATNAAM SHRI VAHEGUROO JI, not waheguru on its own

^^

why is this? As you are making references to bhai gurdass ji he also says: VAHEGURU GURMANTER HAI JAPP HUMAI KOEI

also when u do swaas swaas, swaas giraas or rom rom simran as per jugtis that siri guru granth sahib ji has given us, there is no way u say: SATNAAM SHRI VAHEGUROO JI. The logic wouldnt work. gurbani says: Shabad guru surat dhun chela. the SHABAD that is vaheguru is the GURU.

Also the gurmanter is to take u to sunn, this is where u will start to hear the naam. From practical examples my grandad and dad having practiced swaas swaas and swaas giraas jugtis and with the blessing of the satguru they now hear the anhad shabad.

The practice of some gurmukhs is so good that they have to say vaheguru once to let go of the 5 senses and go into sunn where they mind is awakened from this maya.

it appears besoft u have opened up alot of threads. It also appears you are looking for a path to god. If you want to know in FINE FINE detail what naam is, how to get out of this bhav sagar (terrible world ocean) how to do meditation. I suggest you goto this website: http://simran.info/pmkc/ This is akath katha, performed by bhai sewa singh ji - everything he is saying is referenced with gurbani and he is telling the practical way to meet god as per satguru siri guru granth sahib ji.

Once you, or anyone else has listened the mp3s/dvds then open a thread and ask about the bits you didnt understand. As all the questions you are asking won't be satisfied, why? Well most gurmukhs on this board, along with me, are in trigun. The aarths/meanings of gurbani are most also done in trigun, the aarths are done with ones own thinking. The truth meaning of gurbani can be given by those that have vaasa (path and staying) in the nijghar (true home of the mind): Eh Hi Bani Mahapurkhanki, Nijghar Vaasa Hoei.

...While people are stuck in Pakaands(superstitions) like you can't say "waheguru wihtout saying satnaam" or you can't say "waheguru like this or that"...These are all Pakands...When One says Waheguru...Only the person Saying Waheguru knows how much love there is in that one word...and if you want to say "Satnaam Waheguru" then thats how you feel about god...this is how you see him...Don't get stuck in Pakands...Don't get into: You can't say this or that...

^^

Wow, your baba is giving you some really bad advice. Don't listen to any baba when you've got satguru siri guru granth sahib ji. Guru bani says; RAM RAM SAAB KO KAHI RAM KAHAN MEHI PEADH (the whole world is saying gods name but they dont know the technique of saying it)

Lets ask the guru who he adores: JO SAAS GIRAAS DYHI MERA HAR HAR SO GURSIKH GURU MAAN PHAVI

and what does a gurmukh do: GURMUKH ROM ROM: romae rom rom romae mai guramukh raam dhhiaaeae raam ||

The one sentiment of your statement is correct: Jin Prem Kio Tin He Prabh Payo (if u have love then u can meet god) BUT when you are doing meditation and your mind is having KAAM KRODH LOBH MOH HANAKAAR NINDYA CHUGLIA EERKA thoughts then where is your love for god? Then the person having these thoughts is doing pakand.

Bhagat Ravidas Ji was a Bhagat...But can you imagine the love that he had when he said "Satnaam Shri Waheguru"...Can you ever stand in that place?...You can try but you can't feel that pain and that love for god he had...

^^

Our satguru is so dyaal (compassionate) that he is opened up all doors for us, he has told us how to get where bhagat ravi daas ji was as per gurbani!:

Bhagat stays in high comfortable spiritual palaces of Sookh Mehal

"Sookh mehal jan kay ooch dwaray.Ta meh vassay bhagat piaaray." p-739

They are always imbued with peace of God's Naam:

"Sukhmani sukh amrit Prabh NaamBhagat jana kay mun bisram." p262

Bhagat's food for mind is only Hari Naam and they are always heard singing praises of God. They live in the Nij Ghar serving God and win respect at the door of His Mansion:"Bhagtan ka bhojan Hari Naam Niranjan pehnan bhagat bdaeeNij Ghar vaasa sada Har sewan Har Dar sobha paaee." p-1233

In Japuji Sahib, Guru Ji has dedicated four pauries to Bhagats .They are always in peace and happiness and listening to them many a grief andsins are dispelled:"Nanak Bhagtan sada vigas. Sunniay dookh paap ka naas." p-2.

God loves His Bhagats and they look beautiful singing his praises atHis door:"Bhagat teray mun bhanvday. Dar sohan keertan ganvday." 262 (by rabinder singh bharma)

Our guru has not closed any doors, he opened them all!

Whatever reminds of god, and whatever creates a picture in your mind of god is Naam...

^^

This is not naam, your baba is most misleading. Gurbani says: SATGUR HAI BAUTHA SHABAD LIGHAVAN HAAR THITHA PAAVAN PAV KO JAAL NAAH AKAAR THITHA SAACHA SAACH NAI PHAV JAAL THARAN HAAR (gurbani is saying where we are going to go thru the shabad there is no AKAAR (physical forms) this is where naam resides! how can one claim naam to be a picture where gurbani says there is no physical forms ONLY SAACH!!

Banjara Hai Mein Sunida...

Banj Karawan Ie...

Sajan Ji...

Banj Karawan Ie...

This is what my Babaji says:

Firstly I am not a maha big scholar, like besoft i am a khoji (researcher) as well. Secondly i am using 'baba' as a generic term as you were referring to some baba?

.Just because I said these are pakhands...you're ego was hurt so much???!...SHAME ON YOU!....I never felt so mad...

^^

Thirdly these are not pakhands, as ive demonstrated before gurbani states otherwise. My ego was not hurt - you are trying to cause arguments please dont.

This is what I would like to say to you: since you talk about knowing all that is in Sahib Shree Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj... then listen to what he says:

Sant Ki Ninda Nanaka...

Bahor Bahor Avtaar...

^^

I am assuming the 'baba' you referred to was of sant status, please reveal his or her name and the show us where guru ji has stated that

Whatever reminds of god, and whatever creates a picture in your mind of god is Naam...
is naam.

Please dont argue.

BHAI GURDAAS JI VAAR - 1

NAMASKAAR GURDEV KO SAT NAAM JIS MANTER SUNAYEAA

BHAVJAL VICHON KADH KEY MUKT PADARATH MAHI SAMAAYEAA

JANAM MARAN BHAO KATTEYAA SANSAA ROG VIYOG MITAAYEAA

SANSAA EH SANSAAR HAI JANAM MARAN VICH DUKH SABAAYEAA

JAM DAND SERON NAA UTEREY SAKAT DURJAN JANAM GAWAAYEAA

CHARAN GAHEY GURDEV KEY SAT SHABAD DEY MUKT KARAAYEAA

BHAO BHAGAT GUR PURAB KAR NAAM DAAN ISHNAAN DREYDAAYEAA

JEHA BEEU TEHA FAL PAAYEAA

Bhai Gurdas ji tells us in the first line that Guru nanak dev ji brought "Satnaam" Mantra from dargah for us.

in mool mantar Guru ji have clearly told us, that there is ONE God and name is TRUTH. God's name is truth because he is stable and nver changes, he has always been there, still is and always be there. Rest of it is all Maya that keeps on changing each n every sec. and only God is stable and doesnt change.

Waheguru is the praise of the Guru. When we say Waheguru we are praising the guru because the guru is the one that connects us to God. It is written everywhere in SGGS ji explaining the important of True Guru. That without true guru, everything is useless, one loses opportunity of this life, one cannot get salvation etc.

When we say SATNAAM, we automatically remember all the gurus because it was SATNAAM that lived in their hearts. It was SATNAAM - GOD HIMSELF telling us the truth. Waheguru is incomplete without SATNAAM.

So we should recite SATNAAM SHRII VAHEGUROO JEE. SATNAAM is NAAM, but it has to be gurprasadi, so you need to be blessed SATNAAM by SATNAAM (true guru) himself, that is his own eternal blessings. Thats why it says waho waho gobind singh ape gur chela. this mean that GOD himself is the disciple, GOD himself is the teacher. because GOD is everything. SATNAAM lives in you, it lives everywhere, this whole creation/universe lives on SATNAAM. You're born to realise that you're SATNAAM, not the panj chors. SATNAAM is your guru, satnaam was the guru of our gurus, satnaam has been gurus of all prophets, hindu gurus, everyone. IT is all satnaam coming in different bodies. Its a game, you win it by becoming lowest of the low, by forgetting yourself and living for others, by becoming dust of everyone feet. When you become nothing, God becomes everything. and that is when you get mukti, because you have realised the TRUTH.

Only TRUTH Can set you free. Nothing else.

I do not know who you are and what you are.But after reading your post I am in tears.I have read it 2/3 times and think that I shall read it many more times.May God bless you. May you get all that you need .

~WJkK WJkF~