Is Waheguru Naam?

besoft

Naam is voice Of God.Kindly confirm ?

^^

Yes: tera mukra sohava sehaj dhun bani

Why should GOD create a voice.

^^ This is like asking why did god create this universe, this world, this body, this trigun maya. Everything belongs to god he can do as he pleases. All we can do is listen to the naam that is very anand

Naam is given by Satguru...i.e by the GOD

^^

Yes this is correct.

Then 'wahegutu' is not the Naam as per that you have stated. Is it so?

^^

vaheguru is the MANTER given by the guru, guru nanak dev ji. so VAHEGURU = gurmanter, the purpose of this manter is to lead us to the NAAM (anhad shabad).

Dear friend,

You are very kind that you have answered all my answers.

I understand , though not sure, that the first voice that was uttered by the GOd at the time Of creation was Ong.

Is The sound created by ONG the Naam?

Thanks and regards

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri AKAL

Naam is what connects us to God, takes us back to our source, Truth-Sat, God.

Naam is given to you by the true guru so you can earn it and go back to your true source and find salvation (freedom from reincarnations). You will get naam when its written upon your forehead, and you will get it from a true satguru only.

Naam is Satnaam. We come across this many times in SGGS ji "EKONKAAR SATNAAM SATGURU PARSAD ....1 GOD, TRUTH IS HIS NAME, REALISED BY BLESSINGS OF A TRUE GURU.." infact sggs ji starts of this, "EKONKAAR SATNAAM KARTA PURAKH NIRBHAO NIRVAIR AKAAL MOORAT AJOONE SAIBHANG..."GURPRASAD" that is there is only 1 GOD, truth his name, his qualities and then that he can only be realised by the true guru. so naam is satnaam but you have to be blessed by it through a True Guru.

forgive for any mistakes

Sat Sri AKAL

Naam is given to you by the true guru so you can earn it and go back to your true source and find salvation (freedom from reincarnations). You will get naam when its written upon your forehead, and you will get it from a true satguru only.

Naam is Satnaam. We come across this many times in SGGS ji "EKONKAAR SATNAAM SATGURU PARSAD ....1 GOD, TRUTH IS HIS NAME, REALISED BY BLESSINGS OF A TRUE GURU.." infact sggs ji starts of this, "EKONKAAR SATNAAM KARTA PURAKH NIRBHAO NIRVAIR AKAAL MOORAT AJOONE SAIBHANG..."GURPRASAD" that is there is only 1 GOD, truth his name, his qualities and then that he can only be realised by the true guru. so naam is satnaam but you have to be blessed by it through a True Guru.

forgive for any mistakes

I sincerely thank you for attending to my response and giving your input.It is understood that when one gets the naam for simran at amrit sanchar [khande bate pahul].What is that .Is that not Naam for sikhs.? Kindly clarify.I shall be grateful.

Sat Sri AKAL

forgive for any mistakes

I sincerely thank you for attending to my response and giving your input.It is understood that when one gets the naam for simran at amrit sanchar [khande bate pahul].What is that .Is that not Naam for sikhs.? Kindly clarify.I shall be grateful.

LOL if i answer that question, everyone will start arguing with me. i am not here to create fights, i am here to share thoughts with God lovers. I will keep my beliefs to myself. Everyone has right to believe what they want.

Sorry

Sat Sri AKAL

forgive for any mistakes

LOL if i answer that question, everyone will start arguing with me. i am not here to create fights, i am here to share thoughts with God lovers. I will keep my beliefs to myself. Everyone has right to believe what they want.

Sorry

What is so serious here. The Naam is Naam. It has been alyeadt confirmed that waheguru is a guru Mantra.Hence it is not a Naam. You can just confirm your thoughts.

Regards

I have waited for a day for the answer.

I , at the risk of inviting wrath of the members, do state that 'waheguru' is not a Naam.It is only a Guru Mantar only. One need not mind it.It is only an object Of simran a sstated by Bhai Gurdas ji.,

'Waheguru guru Mantar hi'

Regards to all.

BHAI GURDAAS JI VAAR - 1

NAMASKAAR GURDEV KO SAT NAAM JIS MANTER SUNAYEAA

BHAVJAL VICHON KADH KEY MUKT PADARATH MAHI SAMAAYEAA

JANAM MARAN BHAO KATTEYAA SANSAA ROG VIYOG MITAAYEAA

SANSAA EH SANSAAR HAI JANAM MARAN VICH DUKH SABAAYEAA

JAM DAND SERON NAA UTEREY SAKAT DURJAN JANAM GAWAAYEAA

CHARAN GAHEY GURDEV KEY SAT SHABAD DEY MUKT KARAAYEAA

BHAO BHAGAT GUR PURAB KAR NAAM DAAN ISHNAAN DREYDAAYEAA

JEHA BEEU TEHA FAL PAAYEAA

Bhai Gurdas ji tells us in the first line that Guru nanak dev ji brought "Satnaam" Mantra from dargah for us.

in mool mantar Guru ji have clearly told us, that there is ONE God and name is TRUTH. God's name is truth because he is stable and nver changes, he has always been there, still is and always be there. Rest of it is all Maya that keeps on changing each n every sec. and only God is stable and doesnt change.

Waheguru is the praise of the Guru. When we say Waheguru we are praising the guru because the guru is the one that connects us to God. It is written everywhere in SGGS ji explaining the important of True Guru. That without true guru, everything is useless, one loses opportunity of this life, one cannot get salvation etc.

When we say SATNAAM, we automatically remember all the gurus because it was SATNAAM that lived in their hearts. It was SATNAAM - GOD HIMSELF telling us the truth. Waheguru is incomplete without SATNAAM.

So we should recite SATNAAM SHRII VAHEGUROO JEE. SATNAAM is NAAM, but it has to be gurprasadi, so you need to be blessed SATNAAM by SATNAAM (true guru) himself, that is his own eternal blessings. Thats why it says waho waho gobind singh ape gur chela. this mean that GOD himself is the disciple, GOD himself is the teacher. because GOD is everything. SATNAAM lives in you, it lives everywhere, this whole creation/universe lives on SATNAAM. You're born to realise that you're SATNAAM, not the panj chors. SATNAAM is your guru, satnaam was the guru of our gurus, satnaam has been gurus of all prophets, hindu gurus, everyone. IT is all satnaam coming in different bodies. Its a game, you win it by becoming lowest of the low, by forgetting yourself and living for others, by becoming dust of everyone feet. When you become nothing, God becomes everything. and that is when you get mukti, because you have realised the TRUTH.

Only TRUTH Can set you free. Nothing else.