Waheguru

Guest __Singh__

Guest __Singh__

wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikefateh

sangat ji first of all i would like to say that i THINK i may have OCD but i'm not sure - its like i have really bad thoughts about my mom for no particular reason - its like i KNOW i love my mom - like a battle within me - waheguru - like i have images in my head about bad stuff happening to my mom or me doing the bad stuff - mostly death related - waheguru - like every time i see my mom and think about her; negative, mean opposite things gets said in my thoughts - waheguru

what i want to know is - me thinking about these bad things cant come true can they? i end up crying and really upset becuase i feel like what if them thoguhts really happen - waheguru

i dont mean to cause any upset so forgive me i'm just a lost little person that needs sangat's help. i've told my mom and she said that it happend to her when she was ill, my older brother said it also happend to him, so i dont know but am just worried what if they things really happen?? waheguru

please be kind and do ardas for your little brother d_oh.gif

wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikefateh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest __Singh__

Waheguru!

I read about OCD i thought me having them thoughts is that...Waheguru - what is it then? and you seem like you know about OCD what do you think OCD is? Whats wrong with me then? am i going crazy? am i dangerous?

Waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru

^ He/She's right, it would probably be best for you to talk to a counsellor or doctor who can set some time aside to help you in the way you need. The problem doesn't seem to be Sikhi-related. But for the record, whatever happens in the future is Guru Saheb's Hukam so try not to dwell on it too much.

Waheguru!

I read about OCD i thought me having them thoughts is that...Waheguru - what is it then? and you seem like you know about OCD what do you think OCD is? Whats wrong with me then? am i going crazy? am i dangerous?

Waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru

well im not sure about the OCD business, we covered it in pharmacology but that was like 3 years ago and this doesnt sound familar to what we did back then.

I wouldnt say your dangerous or going crazy, the fact that you know its bad to be having those thouhgts is proof of that. You say your mum and brother went through the same sort of thing, maybe you can have a chat with them and ask how they got through it?

I can only suggest that you try to keep your mind distracted by concentrating on paath or kirtan or something! If that dosnt work and talking to your familt doesnt work, i'd suggest seeing your doctor or a counsellor....honestly counselling sessions help soo much!

I hope it works out for you soon!

wjkk wjkf

Guest D Singh

Singh, I think you should put your faith in Guru Sahib Ji. Start attending more kirtan programs, read more bani, and DEFINITELY do more simran. The Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells us that the cure to our grief is simran and only simran, so trust that. Also, I suggest that when you go to sleep, put some kirtan on in your room at a low volume. Play it on your laptop, MP3 player, or your ipod. Listing to kirtan/simran all night long will only be beneficial to you. Lastly, have faith that this will work. If you do all these things for the sake of just doing them, it will not work. You have to trust that through baani, your mind will start to rid of these thoughts.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Guest _Singh_

Waheguru!

Thanks paji/penji ^^

I will see a doctor i'm just worried. coming back to my original question i wanted to know was:

if i have continous bad thoughts about my mom does that mean they will really happen? waheguru

its like i love my mom so much - shes perfect in every way - shes never done ANYTHING to harm me in anyway - but then why am i having these bad thoughts? waheguru

I just get worried like oh my waheguru if i keep thinking like this it might really happen...please help me sangat...

also please do ardass for me pray.gif