All Those Who Don't Want Gandhis Statue To Go Up In Leicster

SaRpAnCh

agee wid sarpanch

gandhi is a overrated person who has no value for me

he dint got the british out of india..... it was only becuz british were weakened after wwII so they left many colonies... nor sikhs but nor gandhi liberated india... but i do agree that sikhs did way more sacrifices than any hindu or any gandhi for freedom...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

Sunny, you said you agree with Sarpanch, but you don't even agree on a very basic principle of who got the Brtish out of India. Was it World War II or Sikhs?

This is why I feel we are only getting a very skewed sense of the Gandhi ideology here.

agee wid sarpanch

gandhi is a overrated person who has no value for me

he dint got the british out of india..... it was only becuz british were weakened after wwII so they left many colonies... nor sikhs but nor gandhi liberated india... but i do agree that sikhs did way more sacrifices than any hindu or any gandhi for freedom...

Fair enough. However, immature comments does no Sikh cause any justice, that's the point I was trying to get to accross. If we used our heads and projected ourselves correctly we would have got a lot further.

Back to the issue of a statue of Gandhi, it's basically a non-issue. SF UK can use their skills on more beneficial direct issues effecting Gurdwaras, Society and Sikhs as a whole.

Gandhi was hardly a saint he had the audacity to call Guru Gobind Singh Jee misguided. He also did very little for Sikhs with all the deth and distruction during partition, where was he then?

This is good book, shows Gandhi was far from being a decent man.

[The Myth of the Mahatma: Gandhi, the British and the Raj (Unknown Binding)

by Michael Edwardes (Author)

Product details

Unknown Binding: 270 pages

Publisher: Constable (30 Jun 1986)

Language English

ISBN-10: 0094660700

ISBN-13: 978-0094660700

Guest peacemaker
He also did very little for Sikhs with all the deth and distruction during partition, where was he then?

That was in 1947 and he was nearly 78 years old and I'm not 100% sure if what you're saying is even true. Let's be fair now!

Quick question for all those who do and do not want a Statue of either Gary Liniker or Gandhi in Leicester (those are the choices) are actually from Leicester?

Im from Leicester and personally am not bothered what statue they put up as after a few weeks it will be desecrated anyway!

Guest peacemaker
Quick question for all those who do and do not want a Statue of either Gary Liniker or Gandhi in Leicester (those are the choices) are actually from Leicester?

I am roughly 3,500 miles from Leicester.