Photo Of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji

S1ngh

I've seen that painting of the guru. .... It was in a book called 'The Arts of the Sikh kingdoms'. I bought it when I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum about 8 years ago. I think people should buy the book cos its written in proper english and they have alot of cool stuff.

I've seen that painting of the guru. .... It was in a book called 'The Arts of the Sikh kingdom'. I bought it when I went to the Vicotria and Albert Museum about 8 years ago. I think people should buy the book cos its written in proper english and they have alot of cool stuff.

i got that too!! Its by Susan Stronge...

*observes..unsurprised at some of the posts made above*

We all say that this is just the artists impression, and in most cases this is true. But, in the times of Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji one day Guru Ji was resplendent in all white , with a white baaj and riding a white horse and the sangta were most happy and joyeous. It so happened that there were a couple of artists from the same family in the sangat and they asked Guru Ji if they could paint a picture of Guru Ji. Guru Sahib Ji agreed. This painting still exists in a village called SurSingh, district Amritsar, I think the nearest road is to Khem Karaj, nearest train station is Patti, about 27 km from Amritsar.

I have not been there but next time I go I will try. If any one else is going to Amritsar try to go to this village and seek out this painting.