Who Are You Going For In Presidential Election

mandeep99

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain. He's someone who has the experience. Hillary is a better democratic candidate than Obama but too many wishy washy liberal types are getting on his bandwagon. If it's McCain - Obama, McCain will win easily. Against Hillary it's more difficult.

http://www.thepresidentialcandidates.us/ob...-news-poll/242/

A vote for McCain is a vote for Bush. Obama is the future of this nation, and McCain is the sorry washed up past.

yh but obama said that rude comment bout punjabis

thats my only problems

he needs to see us as americans too

if it werent for that comment i wuda voted for him tho

Stop thinking about what's best for Sikhs and start thinking about what's best for America. No president is going to go straight out of their way and doing exactly what Sikhs want, they have a country to run. Voting for a candidate just because they're nicer to your people doesn't mean that they're going to help you out. It just means they want your vote. I can't speak for Obama, but I can say that he's apologized, and from what I understand it wasn't him personally that sent out that memo.

yes but still the sikhs in questions are americans as well

obama must see all people as americans

he apolized but still it wasnt meaningful he did it to cover up

but that doesnt erase what he said

a president of america must think of all citezens as americans not as punjabis haitians hispanics

we are all americans and if he doesnt recognize that he doesnt recognize the beauty of our country the melting pot the land where ll people are welcome

Bhein ji, he apologized, and if you don't think it's legitimate, there's really nothing left to say. He could have ignored the problem, as we are a smaller population of americans than most, but he did apologize. If you think it's fake, then I can't really do anything to change your mind.

barack obama is all words and i said it from the begining, america needs a leader who can lead from the front and barack obama has never really led from the front and what are his accomplishments that show he can run lead america, i could care less what he did in ghetto's cause to me it doesnt count as experience to run the country and plus if sikhs can go into america knowing little english and make it and become rich and middle upper class then why can't the ppl from the ghetto's especially when they live in the richest country in the world, plus hilary clinton can't attack barack obama for the fact that experience in the ghetto is nothing compared to in washington or she'll lose the lower class vote.

Plus obama is bin all words, he gave the speach that words mean something but thats if its led by action, my question what has he done, to me his words are empty.

He said no to iraq doesn't mean he good enough to handle international affairs especially with his comments regarding pakistan which <Edited> the CIA off, their trying to keep musharaf in power and obama talking about how they should attack pakistan making the terrorists use that against musharaf, so to say he has good judgement cause he said no to iraq is a weak argument cause his comments for pakistan show his lack of experience.

Why would ppl believe barack obama can be change

i believe his words are empty and shocks me a guy with no real accomplishments to show he can change america and

And its hard to critizise obama cause he has no experience, and humans make mistakes and we learn best from our mistakes so its kind of unfair that since he has no experience hence no mistakes he can attack others on it yet then claim oh i have enough experience cause i worked in couple of ghettos, and don't forget his best friend and next door neibour and they both moved into their houses the same day and bought the houses together is tony Rezko who is a criminal who hurt many ppl.

also barack obama's pastor is a racist and it took him 20 years to relize that, then he talks about how he's going to break borders and were going to become one ppl no republican and democrate and no skin color, and he's bin saying this for a few years now and all of a sudden after 20 years of his pastors racist speaches he relizes he's a racist.

Also barack obama's prejidice against typical white ppl on a radio in philidaphia

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI

in his speach the perfect union he said his grandma had racist views then in philidaphia he say's his grandma is typical white person, he wants to break down walls by calling all whtie ppl racist, and lets not forget what he said about punjabis tahts why im bringing this up http://www.talkleft.com/story/2007/6/15/0634/74618

because barack obama can speak good ppl think he can create change yet have no experience of creating change. Only cause he has no experience, and cause he doesn't have experience like the other candidates who have decades worth of experience, that hey lets throw in a new guy with no experience and he can bring change cause he's different from the other guys cause he lacks experience and since he different he will get change

this is also good

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JJk4dhDM-dw

barack obama isn't bringing change

said he woudl vote no to the patriot act, an act taht effects sikhs and he voted yes for the patriot act

said he woudl vote no on iraq war budget and voted yes

Took 20 years to relise his pastor racist while he's bin attending his pastors church for 20 years and he's bin giving these hate speaches for 20 years.

Plus he said he would change and attack nafta but canada would ruin hilary or barack if they tried changing nafta but yes, barack obama critizised nafta and said he would change it and attack it but then his ppl went and told the canadian government hey he's just joking and talking, yea so he tells americans one thing that he's going to destroy north american free trade but then tells the canadian government he's just joking and just saying it for his political gain.

Makes me wonder how ppl think this man could bring change.

I don't really know where to start, just because the whole thing looks unsubstantiated. If you look at experience, Obama has Hillary beat, because he's spent more years in state legislature and congress than Hillary. The reason most people say that Hillary has more experience is because she married Bill Clinton. To quote a wise man, "if that's true, then Robin Givens is the next heavyweight champion of the world." Also, you clearly haven't done your research, because on Obama's official site, he outlines in a 60+ page paper what he plans to do for America, and how each point will positively affect America. If you want to talk about experience in terms of legislature, you should take a look at how many bills he's entered and had passed, and what makes them significant is how he got representatives from both sides of the aisle to support his bills. Look at the quality bills he entered and how they affect people. And you CLEARLY don't have a clue about international relations, otherwise you wouldn't be suggesting that we should be supporting yet Another military style dictatorship in Pakistan. Since when do the offices of Pakistan supercede that of the Presidency? I'm not gonna bother responding to the rest of your post since it's all a bunch of hokey and you don't have links.

Obama's 'spiritual advisor' is a racist, conspiracy theorist looney Rev. Jeremiah Wright. The truth was going to come out one day and it did a few days ago. You can see the embarrassment in Obama, even through the news media (NBC, CNN) are trying their best to limit the damage. Hillary's ratings are up and Obama's are going down.

The people who are supporting Obama need to get their heads out of the sand. A few hours after the video of Rev Wright was being shown by the news media, the Obama camp passed photos of Rev Wright shaking hands with Bill Clinton in 1998. How cynical is that, so much for 'time for a change'! He's as cynical as the rest of them. At least with McCain you get what you vote for.

his spiritual advisor is a racist but so are all of the spiritual advisors of the so called religious right. the only thing thats different is that he is black and is racist against whites. i would much rather have someone who is openly racist and says it loud and proud than some one who pretends not to be

and what exactly did he say that was so bad? he was expressing the feeling of many black people what he said about aids etc probably isnt true but many people still feel that way, and those feeling should not be ignored by the majority just because they appear to be 'anti-american'. questioning the government is in actuallity very american, but i think that virtue of america is fast being forgotton.

im not saying he should be president but im saying that his preacher should not effect how people vote

Is the preacher's job to unite people or divide them? Should he have been supporting the spread of lies like Aids was invented by the whites to infect blacks. There are also lies which are told in the Black community that blacks should only support black businesses and not shop at non-black shops such as Korean or Indian shops. I suppose you also support that as well?

Obama claims he never heard these things from his preacher even though he knew him for 20 years. So why is Obama lying and then disassociating himself from his preacher. Obama is as power hungry as everyone else, he just likes to make out that he wants to help the little man.

The likelihood is that he's a lost cause now. Polls are showing double digit lead for Hillary in Pennsylvania. Head to head against McCain, polls are showing him 8 points behind. Even if he manages to keep his lead in delegates but doesn't cross the 2025 odd line then Hillary will be able to convince the super delegates ( I think s1ngh is a super delegate!) that Obama's a liability and get their support.

Am I having a slow day? What did he mean by D-Punjab?? I don't get it? How was it rude? Someone please fill me in.

It means that Obama considers Hillary to be helping foreigners and not US citizens. D-Punjab means the democratic senator from Punjab, not a democratic senator of NY helping US citizens of Punjabi origin. It's a bit like someone saying about any British MP helping Sikhs being called the MP from Punjab. It shows a contempt for the Sikhs who being citizens are supporting the person they think would do most for them.

Is the preacher's job to unite people or divide them? Should he have been supporting the spread of lies like Aids was invented by the whites to infect blacks. There are also lies which are told in the Black community that blacks should only support black businesses and not shop at non-black shops such as Korean or Indian shops. I suppose you also support that as well?

Obama claims he never heard these things from his preacher even though he knew him for 20 years. So why is Obama lying and then disassociating himself from his preacher. Obama is as power hungry as everyone else, he just likes to make out that he wants to help the little man.

The likelihood is that he's a lost cause now. Polls are showing double digit lead for Hillary in Pennsylvania. Head to head against McCain, polls are showing him 8 points behind. Even if he manages to keep his lead in delegates but doesn't cross the 2025 odd line then Hillary will be able to convince the super delegates ( I think s1ngh is a super delegate!) that Obama's a liability and get their support.

The mentality of Black in America is hard to understand because they have been discriminated against forever. Even now there are still lingering marks of the hatred that was once woven into the country. Before discrimination, there was segregation. Before segregation there was slavery. Simple fact of the matter is, alot of Black do not trust the government because of things done in the past, and what you're saying right now is pretty much a slap in the face to alot of them. I don't expect them to just let it all go, because they're human and it is tough to let things like that go, especially since it still exists in certain areas of the U.S. And don't even start with this business b.s. You're telling me that as a Sikh you don't go to some store just because you know a Sikh that works there? The entire community does the same thing that Blacks do, the same as other Asians do, and as other minorities do. To suggest otherwise is egregious on your part, and two-faced. 

Another point I need to stress is that you keep misinforming the sangat about the poll numbers. Where are you getting your statistics, or are you just making it up? The latest gallup poll, link here-

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105589/Gallup-D...n-Back-Tie.aspx

shows that Obama is far from a lost cause, and although he has a stastically insignificant lead, he still has a lead over Clinton. For the life of me, I can't see how you argue that the current loser in the election is going to win by convincing superdelegates to pick her over Obama. If the democratic party were to do that, they would kill all chances of winning the presidency, and disillusion the public for years to come.

mccain is a red neck and US needs a non white male for once

I would choose hilary but i realised that shes just gonna be the same as her huspand because she wudnt do anything to go against bill's ideology

So i'd say obama,even though that thing is true about him talking smack about sikhs...US needs a black man (even tho he was raised by white people)