Who Are You Going For In Presidential Election

mandeep99

barack obama is all words and i said it from the begining, america needs a leader who can lead from the front and barack obama has never really led from the front and what are his accomplishments that show he can run lead america, i could care less what he did in ghetto's cause to me it doesnt count as experience to run the country and plus if sikhs can go into america knowing little english and make it and become rich and middle upper class then why can't the ppl from the ghetto's especially when they live in the richest country in the world, plus hilary clinton can't attack barack obama for the fact that experience in the ghetto is nothing compared to in washington or she'll lose the lower class vote.

Plus obama is bin all words, he gave the speach that words mean something but thats if its led by action, my question what has he done, to me his words are empty.

He said no to iraq doesn't mean he good enough to handle international affairs especially with his comments regarding pakistan which <Edited> the CIA off, their trying to keep musharaf in power and obama talking about how they should attack pakistan making the terrorists use that against musharaf, so to say he has good judgement cause he said no to iraq is a weak argument cause his comments for pakistan show his lack of experience.

Why would ppl believe barack obama can be change

i believe his words are empty and shocks me a guy with no real accomplishments to show he can change america and

And its hard to critizise obama cause he has no experience, and humans make mistakes and we learn best from our mistakes so its kind of unfair that since he has no experience hence no mistakes he can attack others on it yet then claim oh i have enough experience cause i worked in couple of ghettos, and don't forget his best friend and next door neibour and they both moved into their houses the same day and bought the houses together is tony Rezko who is a criminal who hurt many ppl.

also barack obama's pastor is a racist and it took him 20 years to relize that, then he talks about how he's going to break borders and were going to become one ppl no republican and democrate and no skin color, and he's bin saying this for a few years now and all of a sudden after 20 years of his pastors racist speaches he relizes he's a racist.

Also barack obama's prejidice against typical white ppl on a radio in philidaphia

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gnmUyminI

in his speach the perfect union he said his grandma had racist views then in philidaphia he say's his grandma is typical white person, he wants to break down walls by calling all whtie ppl racist, and lets not forget what he said about punjabis tahts why im bringing this up http://www.talkleft.com/story/2007/6/15/0634/74618

because barack obama can speak good ppl think he can create change yet have no experience of creating change. Only cause he has no experience, and cause he doesn't have experience like the other candidates who have decades worth of experience, that hey lets throw in a new guy with no experience and he can bring change cause he's different from the other guys cause he lacks experience and since he different he will get change

this is also good

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JJk4dhDM-dw

barack obama isn't bringing change

said he woudl vote no to the patriot act, an act taht effects sikhs and he voted yes for the patriot act

said he woudl vote no on iraq war budget and voted yes

Took 20 years to relise his pastor racist while he's bin attending his pastors church for 20 years and he's bin giving these hate speaches for 20 years.

Plus he said he would change and attack nafta but canada would ruin hilary or barack if they tried changing nafta but yes, barack obama critizised nafta and said he would change it and attack it but then his ppl went and told the canadian government hey he's just joking and talking, yea so he tells americans one thing that he's going to destroy north american free trade but then tells the canadian government he's just joking and just saying it for his political gain.

Makes me wonder how ppl think this man could bring change.

I don't really know where to start, just because the whole thing looks unsubstantiated. If you look at experience, Obama has Hillary beat, because he's spent more years in state legislature and congress than Hillary. The reason most people say that Hillary has more experience is because she married Bill Clinton. To quote a wise man, "if that's true, then Robin Givens is the next heavyweight champion of the world." Also, you clearly haven't done your research, because on Obama's official site, he outlines in a 60+ page paper what he plans to do for America, and how each point will positively affect America. If you want to talk about experience in terms of legislature, you should take a look at how many bills he's entered and had passed, and what makes them significant is how he got representatives from both sides of the aisle to support his bills. Look at the quality bills he entered and how they affect people. And you CLEARLY don't have a clue about international relations, otherwise you wouldn't be suggesting that we should be supporting yet Another military style dictatorship in Pakistan. Since when do the offices of Pakistan supercede that of the Presidency? I'm not gonna bother responding to the rest of your post since it's all a bunch of hokey and you don't have links.

Could you point out what is a bunch of hokey because all that stuff i said is true so i don't know why you would call it hokey and not respond to it.

Also i have a really well understanding of international relations, your the one who seems to be the one who needs to do research so you can understand international relations, The CIA and many in anti terrorism were <Edited> about obama's comments at how america should react to pakistan cause they have to keep musharaf in power even if it is a dictatorship, would you rather have musharaf or someone with a talibon style mentality leading pakistan with a nuke, also again when obama made those comments about how america should treat pakistan pakistan many talibon supporters who are trying to overthrow musharaf started using obama's comments against musharaf saying see america just using musharaf so they can attack us.

Pakistan shows lack of judgement plus his pastors comments five days after 9/11 and for past 20 years blaming white ppl for african american's struggles, many african american leaders need to stop blaming white ppl and become accountable rather then playing victim card and also it makes the racists happy if they are hurting blacks and being a victim doesn't help and takes power away from ppl, accountability and taking control empowers ppl. This also goes for sikhs

Though bill clinton will do alot of the work if hilary is president but to say hilary clinton only has experience cause she married to bill sounds like a joke, she's bin fighting for rights and bills in washington out negotiating with foriegn leaders for decades now, she didn't get her experience from marrying bill she got her own experience from working in washington and YES HILARY HAS MORE EXPERIENCE WHEN IT COMES TO THE ECONOMY AND FORIEGN POLICY'S AND ITS NOT CAUSE OF BILL. Your suggesting that she was just another typical first lady standing by her huspand but she's different from all the other first lady's she was fighting and involved in politics llong before she married bill, she's also had ambitions to be a president. I can't deny She gained alot of experience standing next to bill but she didn't just stand next to him she fought along with him and worked with him to help bill accomplish alot of the things he did and when she becomes president bill will do the same and have the same big impact when hilary is president as she did when he was president.

Also barack obama how credible is he, he said he woudl vote no for patriot act could you tell me what he voted

he said he would vote no to approve bush's war budget as a protest but he voted yes

he said he would change and attack north american free trade agreement but his ppl told the canadian government barack obama is just talking but won't really bring up this with canada

Also his speach the perfect union it was just words, i had a hard time believing anything he said that speach was pure strategy thats all i saw, empty words for ppl who are star struck, plus alot of the things he said in his speach and things he addressed were predicted before he gave the speach in order to save his behind, he said in his speach that he doesn't believe in everything his pastor say's but then why did he say typical white ppl are racists??? Thats what his pastor preaches???

None of this is hocky like you claim this is the truth.

Plus i have no problem with hilary clinton supporting lobbyists and being influenced by them cause sikhs in america who are involved in buisness and politics have huge amounts of money and are getting ppl like hilary clinton to get america to invest in punjab and move jobs their, hurts america but as a punjabi i have no problem with jobs from america going to punjab to help are economy.

HOW WILL BARACK OBAMA BRING CHANGE, HE'S A SUPERSTAR AT DEBATES AND SPEACHES BUT THAT WON'T HELP HIM FIX THE COUNTRY, HOW WILL THIS MAN BRING CHANGE LIKE HE CLAIMS, PLUS HE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE HENCE NOT MUCH OF A TRACK RECORD BUT FROM HIS SMALL TRACK RECORD LOOK AT HOW MANY TIMES HE'S MESSED UP

Plus he said no to iraq woopy yet had a pastor who he considered a role model and an inspiration who hated america, he was best friends with a criminal who robbed many ppl, and he clearly doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut when he needs to when it comes to things like terrorism

This is were mccain gots the advantage if they can contineu to make progress in iraq like they have this year he can use it to his advantage by saying hey im human and made a mistake but itleast i stay behind to clean up the mess, and plus a war with iran is going to happen in next 4 years they want nukes and their leader is a nut job and thinks that the world is gonna come to an end and the shia prophet will come and save the world, plus he wants to destroy isreal and isreal will go to war with iran and america will have to follow, but how will america go into iran if they dump iraq and leave it a mess.

Hilary clinton for the economy cause her huspand left the economy in a surplus and once again she didn't just stand beside bill she worked with bill like bill will work with her when she becomes president, she's bin a politican her whole life as well, Plus she may bin at the meetings were nafta took place but whitehouse insiders at that time said when she would be at those meetings she would be <Edited> off and against nafta, plus she was fighting for universal health care before bill clinton even became president. Actually she has fought hard for health care and universal health care it made bill look bad cause he wasn't keeping up with her energy.

Sorry about my grammer just in a rush and wanted to get everything out as fast as i could.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama's 'spiritual advisor' is a racist, conspiracy theorist looney Rev. Jeremiah Wright. The truth was going to come out one day and it did a few days ago. You can see the embarrassment in Obama, even through the news media (NBC, CNN) are trying their best to limit the damage. Hillary's ratings are up and Obama's are going down.

The people who are supporting Obama need to get their heads out of the sand. A few hours after the video of Rev Wright was being shown by the news media, the Obama camp passed photos of Rev Wright shaking hands with Bill Clinton in 1998. How cynical is that, so much for 'time for a change'! He's as cynical as the rest of them. At least with McCain you get what you vote for.

his spiritual advisor is a racist but so are all of the spiritual advisors of the so called religious right. the only thing thats different is that he is black and is racist against whites. i would much rather have someone who is openly racist and says it loud and proud than some one who pretends not to be

and what exactly did he say that was so bad? he was expressing the feeling of many black people what he said about aids etc probably isnt true but many people still feel that way, and those feeling should not be ignored by the majority just because they appear to be 'anti-american'. questioning the government is in actuallity very american, but i think that virtue of america is fast being forgotton.

im not saying he should be president but im saying that his preacher should not effect how people vote

his speaches make african americans look like victims and supports them to feel like victims, if america is as racist as his adviser claims then it means african americans need to take accountability if they want to give themselves power or they can play victim and give the racists power, plus im pretty sure white ppl dont' put guns to the heads of many african americans and make them do the things they do so why blame white ppl.

This goes for sikh community as well in india.

mccain is a red neck and US needs a non white male for once

I would choose hilary but i realised that shes just gonna be the same as her huspand because she wudnt do anything to go against bill's ideology

So i'd say obama,even though that thing is true about him talking smack about sikhs...US needs a black man (even tho he was raised by white people)

Bill clinton was a pretty kick <admin-profanity filter activated> president, as well are you a hockey fan, with america in recession and their dollar dropping and fuel prices going up and terrorism why would you throw in a rookie and not someone who has experience, In the nhl if your in the stanley cup finals and your goalie gets injured would you throw in a veteran goalie whose played in the finals before or would you throw in a rookie with no experience, or football starting qb is injured would you throw in a rookie for the superbowl or someone whose already played in the superbowl and won, and i would consider bill clinton and hilary clinton winners cause they did alot of good for america.

How will obama do a better job and how will he bring change?

mccain is deffinatly not a red neck. he is highly educated and was the son of a navy admiral so he is very elite deffianatly not a red neck.

as far as race it really doesnt matter what color a person is because the only way any one gets electwed is by getting support from the ones with money.

if a black man in the office is really going to make a difference why then did condi and colin not make a difference?

in response to proactive im sure the congress party supporters said similer things about bhindranwale in the 80s as the right wingers say about obamas preacher. blacks in america do feel like theve been disciminated against and that they have to take drastics measures just as sikhs feel like theve been discriminated against in india.

Smartsingh24,

The mentality of Black in America is hard to understand because they have been discriminated against forever. Even now there are still lingering marks of the hatred that was once woven into the country. Before discrimination, there was segregation. Before segregation there was slavery. Simple fact of the matter is, alot of Black do not trust the government because of things done in the past, and what you're saying right now is pretty much a slap in the face to alot of them. I don't expect them to just let it all go, because they're human and it is tough to let things like that go, especially since it still exists in certain areas of the U.S. And don't even start with this business b.s. You're telling me that as a Sikh you don't go to some store just because you know a Sikh that works there? The entire community does the same thing that Blacks do, the same as other Asians do, and as other minorities do. To suggest otherwise is egregious on your part, and two-faced.

That's very understanding of you. I would guess that if you get attacked by a black guy and he cites the fact that because his community have had it so bad historically, he thought that you as a recent immigrant (in relative terms) is taking the resources that he thinks should go to the black community, so he got angry and attacked you. Would you then be so understanding? When blacks rob stores of Koreans or Indians, is that ok because they have had it really bad historically? Where does your understanding cease? So you consider the Black community as being unable to move on? That's a bit racist I think. A lot of blacks are doing well in America and unless you are on welfare and unable to make it in America or you're a well off middle class black wanting black votes, they would not attend churches like that.

Another point I need to stress is that you keep misinforming the sangat about the poll numbers. Where are you getting your statistics, or are you just making it up? The latest gallup poll, link here-

http://www.gallup.com/poll/105589/Gallup-D...n-Back-Tie.aspx

This is what I said. The poll figures are for the next primary in Pennsylvania.

Polls are showing double digit lead for Hillary in Pennsylvania. Head to head against McCain, polls are showing him 8 points behind.

Hillary is on average at 52% with Obama on 37%.

If in the final count Obama only has a small lead against Hillary, then Hillary could easily sway the super delegates. It's a catch 22 situation. It would mean a lot of infighting in the democratic party.

Obama's 'spiritual advisor' is a racist, conspiracy theorist looney Rev. Jeremiah Wright. The truth was going to come out one day and it did a few days ago. You can see the embarrassment in Obama, even through the news media (NBC, CNN) are trying their best to limit the damage. Hillary's ratings are up and Obama's are going down.

The people who are supporting Obama need to get their heads out of the sand. A few hours after the video of Rev Wright was being shown by the news media, the Obama camp passed photos of Rev Wright shaking hands with Bill Clinton in 1998. How cynical is that, so much for 'time for a change'! He's as cynical as the rest of them. At least with McCain you get what you vote for.

Perfect reasons to NOT vote for Rev. Jermiah Wright as President of the United States.

Who actually 100% listens to spiritual advisors? Look at our community, every weekend at Gurdwara the Gyani gives a lecture on how Sikhs should keep Kesh ... yet every week there are less Sikhs keeping kesh.

Remember that time Gyani Bagri made a statement that it was time to kill a thousand hindus for what they did in 1984? Should that sermon from a pastor ruin the legitimatization of the people in attending, when they had no idea he was going to speak those words? I disagree. Also, thank God that not everyone fully believes in their Gyani's/Pastors ... otherwise someone would have actually went out and killed thousands of innocent people.

Obama graduated from Harvard. Rev Wright is a lunatic.

What about the white pastors ? When they, you know, perform "deeds" with little boys, that gain so much publicity ... Do we then claim that all the preacher's followers believe that it's OKAY to perform the said deeds? I hope you'll answer NO.

Don't vote for Jermiah Wright for President, vote for Barack Obama.

Don't have much time to respond as I'm going to school right now, but I will give a more in depth look later. To Proactive-

Dude come on. HOW is 47%-45% with a +/- difference of 2% = double digit lead for hillary, and then in the same line of thinking, an 8-point advantage. Not only is that contradicting itself since the number 8 is a single digit, it's contradicting Gallup poll, which is what CNN uses for most of it's polls.

To Mandeep-

I skimmed over your post, but it looks like the biggest points for you are 1. Obama is a rookie, 2. Hillary has more experience, 3. Foreign policy for Obama makes no sense. To the first, I say, yet again, Obama has had more experience as a publicly elected official in Illinois state legislature and congress, than Hillary. The bulk of the majority that you claim is from Bill Clinton's Presidency. Could you please tell me what Cabinet position she held? No? Then her opinion didn't matter. End of story. Saying she was involved in politics is like saying Barbara Bush was involved in politics. There's no difference, they both liked politics, married presidents, and as far as I'm concerned, Hillary's political career only started when she was elected senator. And Number 3. I don't know how many times the U.S. has to create a corrupt dictator in a middle-eastern country where the entire country hates us for doing so, before people start to catch on and figure out that the U.S. messing around in the middle east is a bad idea. Forget the CIA, these are the same people that couldn't find out about 9/11, let Osama slip through their fingers because they couldn't find anything to charge him with, and messed up the Middle East the most during the 80s.

God help me when I say there's more to come later. I don't know what more I can say to make you people understand Facts :)

To mandeep- I'm sorry but I find it impossible to argue a proper argument with you anymore as you are going off of preconceived notions and not cold hard fact. Fact of the matter is, Hillary Clinton's political career began when she was elected senator of New York. Her being married to Bill Clinton should not come into this matter, as the way you're putting it, it looks like you're voting more for him than her. You call Obama corrupt, you say he plays the race card, and you say that he's just full of words. First off, Barack Obama is one of the very few politicians that people believe in because he is not corrupt. That's my preconceived notion, and nothing you say is going to change that, just like nothing I say is going to change your mind. Secondly, he is not playing any type of race card, it is the media that keeps playing it and interrogating him and asking "is he black enough?" and stupid stuff like that. And lastly, this country was founded and forged on words, powerful words that declared independence, powerful words that brought two broken halves together again, and powerful words that asked a public to do what's right for their country. "Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country." You stated that you are fine with Clinton sacrificing America to better Punjab. Obviously, you aren't acting with America's best interest at heart. I want a leader that can restore America to it's former glory, without having bloodstained hands, without engaging in dirty politics, and without knocking down other countries to do so. I want a leader with a firm vision for America's future, with strong moral fiber, and with the courage to act on what's right. For me, that leader is Barack Obama. I'm done arguing with you until you come back with facts.

To Proactive- Despite what you may think of me, I would get incredibly angry with a guy that mugs me, regardless of what color he may be. I do not consider the Black community as being unable to move on, and I commend the efforts of many black people, especially the older ones, to integrate into society the way they have. Fact of the matter is, Blacks are still discriminated against, and if you want examples, you have no further to look than any of the major industrialized cities on the East Coast. I go to college in Newark everyday, a city with a huge Black population, and one that have never fully recovered from the racial riots that took place during the 60s. Education isn't terrific for the local community, and sources of income come through the various universities that take residence there. Being born in a place like Newark, it isn't easy to come by opportunity to move on, in fact, it's damn near impossible. Further examples can be seen in the city of New Orleans. Once counted amongst America's greatest cities, it's now a ghost town, and a shell of what it used to be. When Katrina hit, there huge damages, and it took the Bush Administration days to act before help arrived, and when it did, it was utterly useless and in disarray. The Black community is perfectly capable of moving on, but they are absolutley having a tough time of doing so because of discrimination. If you think the majority of Black are well off in this country, you look up some statistics and share them with me. Please. I'll look up mine, you look up yours, and we'll share notes.

Natsilahk,

The pastor episode is about Obama's judgement, not whether he shares the pastor's lunatic views. No one has said that he shares these views. Obama has been attending his church for 20 years. It is clear he knew about the pastor's views because he didn't invite him when he started his campaign for nomination.

Smartsingh24,

The double digit lead was about the polls for the PENNSYLVANIA PRIMARY and NOT NATIONWIDE POLLS. I hope you realise the difference. Hillary was 52 to Obama's 37 in the last poll. McCain nationwide was 6-8 points ahead of Obama. I suggest you read the post before accusing me of inventing facts just because you don't understand the difference between Pennsylvania and the USA as a whole.

Obama's as crooked as the rest of the politicians, only a fool would think he's whiter than white. Obama's wife is on the gravy train as a director of some private hospital. According to one source they charge uninsured people 3.5 times more than insured people. So much for him being a crusader in the medical field!

http://www.obamatruth.org/ is a good site which might be an antidote stung by the 'we believe' madness sweeping America.

It's funny how people give Sikhs advice that we should think in the interests of the country rather than which candidate would be best for Sikhs. Other communities like Blacks, Latinos etc are all looking at what each candidate will do for the communities but only Sikhs are being advised to consider the larger interests of the country. Obama has proved with his criticism of Hillary that he neither cares not wants to understand what the problems of Sikhs are. Rather than keeping his mouth shut he took a cheap shot at Hillary and in the process showed his ignorance of Sikhs as citizens of the US as well as fed the ignorance of other Americans. Anyone who did not know about Sikhs would get a negative perception of them after reading Obama's comments. At a time when Sikhs are facing more discrimination because of mistaken identity, we have a ignoramus like Obama trying to gain a few more votes at the expense of Sikhs.