Dalai Lama was against our Movement Of 80s

S1ngh

I heard that he was giving full details of whatever information he had regarding the sikh movement of 80s. He was indebt to indian govt as they gave him the uncoditional support to stay in India as refugee. Not that we expecte anything from him and his people but at least they should not strongly opposed us by leaking/giving information about singhs.

Can anyone confirm this?

well what goes around comes around. he believes in "karma" i believe.

now his people are being executed by Chinese forces and the world doesn't know how many and how they are being tortured. he says the Tibetan culture is in danger of being destroyed by China's efforts. hmmmm, sounds familiar.

regardless of whether he supported the sikhs or not, if our actions are just, they are approved by Akaal Purakh. If we are wrong, then no support by any human being can undo God's justice.

peace.

I don't see how he could have any information to give the government.

That was my initial response when i heard this from one person long time ago.. i actually shrug it off.. yesterday, i was having convo about tibet and china and then this one guy said the same thing regarding lama being in same bed with indian govt. etc during late 80's and early 90s.

I am not sure whether its correct or not but i do know that there were singhs who in quite few numbers were fleeing punjab to tibet/nepal after late 80's.. So maybe its true and maybe its not...

the dalai lama is a guest of the indian government and is in no position to support a insurgency against the people he is a guest of. the indian government is even very uneasy about him supporting his own people in tibet because of close ties with china.

also the dalai lama is commited to non-violence

as far as giving information to the government i don't know but i don't think the dalai lama would have any information about the khalistan movement

but regardless of what his views were we should still support the tibetians on their quest for religious freedom

lol its easy for us to criticise people if we had that amount of power/cash im sure we'd have a nice big jet and wouldnt like people having a snide comment about us. as for the dalai lama being in bed with the indian govt i doubt it, as for saying its something to do with "karma" thats bull, was it something to do with "karma" that 1984 happened?!

bhul chuk maf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.

Important Information

Terms of Use