Exp In Sikhsangat

Eshani

Sat Sri Akal,

I have been in SikhSangat for a while and want to share an important thing i noticed.

The modes have done a remarkable job in keeping the site running and all sorts of work. I know how difficult it is.

The only problem i have in SikhSangat is to close or terminating the topics without giving any clarrification based on Gurbani.

Can anyone give a line from gurbani that stops a sikh from discussing any bani or any important issue. yet mods ban topics based on it.

The only criteria to ban topics is "if it violates Gurbani", giving quotes from Guru Granth sahib jee the reason of banning.

The problem is mods ban importants topics as meat, why they dont want sangat to discuss issues, or they fear something.

The same problem with Dasam Granth, Ragmaala etc, you will amazed to know that it is still said as Bachiter natak in Guru Gobind Singh jee essays in Punjab.

The only problem is that mods are just closing these topics without giving any line fron bani that states dont discuss this. Just think for a moment do any Guru Forbid sikh from discussing bani, The only aspect of bani is to do vichar in Sangat of that bani, and live according to it.

Just from stoping sikhs from discussing Bani (Dasam Granth) you are making Guru proud.

The problem is you dont take criticism, the point is to correct other people not to stop him from discussing.

I think you are just too afraid and want to keep your so called secular or pleasing some image.

The point is mods are just imposing there own beliefs , just dont discuss this that, Akal takht is occupied by a bunch of clowsn (Badalwale) who has no brain to solve our problems. see how he solved Chuttha Sauda, he is biggest traitor of sikh. he converted sikh party to punjabi party.

The point is used your Brain and guidence from bani to choose what is right and wrong.

There is no point in closing this topic, kindly provide what rule of Sikh sangat i have violated, so that this topic is closed.

The point is that there should be free debate on Bani and other topics without any restriction.

I think you are just curbing freedom of speech.

I assume i am going to be banned, many sikhs have left sikhsangat already.

Stop to appease anyone use your intelligence and take guidence from bani.

Regards.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

It's always nice to start the day with something like this.

The mods have done a remarkable job in keeping the site running and all sorts of work. I know how difficult it is.

I really hope you do.

I think it should be clear that anybody can discuss anything they like in their spare time, with their non-cyber sangat or anywhere else online. Sikhsangat.com isn't the only possible place for this. The rules are in place for a reason and a lot of those reasons are based on experience with what has happened in the past on the forum. There were topics that stretch to more than 10 pages on the subject of eating meat.

You're asking us to use Gurbani whenever we need to close a topic. In theory this is a great idea. Gurbani tells us not to spend too much time in fruitless discussion, and Guru Saheb shows us that countless people have spent hundreds of lifetimes trying to figure many things out. Gurbani also tells us that the answers lie with Guru Saheb and that we should place our faith in that true King. But I'm sure there will be people who will disagree with what I've just said, and there will be those who twist these words to suit their own agenda. The problem is when we take lines out of context and then use them to beat other people down, with our own intentions. Another issue for me is that one line of Gurbani might not just have one meaning and to assume that it does is narrow-minded. It's excellent to use Gurbani and apply it in every step/breath - and I think every Moderator and the Admin would tell you that too - but if we did use Gurbani to close topics we would also be attacked from members saying that we're using Gurbani inappropriately.

The problem is you dont take criticism

: ) But we always rely on people like you to make sure that doesn't happen. Just to let everybody know, when topics like this appear deleted or closed they are usually moved to the Sevadaar section so that the mods/admin can discuss it and decide a plan of action based on what has been highlighted.

I think you are just curbing freedom of speech.

There's a fine line between Freedom of Speech and abiding by the rules. It's like taking Amrit and then saying that you're taking your head back from Guru Saheb. When you join the forum you agree to abide by the rules. You've highlighted the central issue that makes Sikhsangat hard to run. If there are too many 'anti-Hindu' topics we are told that we don't do a good enough job in quality control. But some people would also say we're discriminating against the topic posters and therefore curbing freedom of speech. I'm sure you can understand the dilemma. We certainly do as we face it several times daily.

The point is mods are just imposing there own beliefs , just dont discuss this that, Akal takht is occupied by a bunch of clowsn (Badalwale) who has no brain to solve our problems. see how he solved Chuttha Sauda, he is biggest traitor of sikh. he converted sikh party to punjabi party.

I really doubt many of the members actually know the Mods/Admin's personal beliefs. In case anyone does, if I was imposing my own beliefs the entire forum would be based around the Sikh Sakhian and Gurbani Vichaar Subforums instead of what I feel are the two most important areas of the forum being reduced to tiny little links. I am not imposing my own beliefs on anyone.

The point is used your Brain and guidence from bani to choose what is right and wrong.

I'm sorry if it seems like we are not able to use our brains and the guidance given to us from Gurbani. Rest assured that we are making some sort of effort to choose what is right and wrong. No doubt this will be discussed by the sevadaars so that your concerns will be addressed.

I assume i am going to be banned, many sikhs have left sikhsangat already.

You seem to have already made up your mind about what is going to happen so I won't try to correct you.

I hope you at least will now have a nice day.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

SikhSangat is a very useful resource and tool to get the message out to sangat worldwide and get it out fast. Its the most popular and most talked about Sikh forum in the entire world.

From my experience, it seems to be that youth who begin their path as a "practicing" Sikh, will get attached to this forum quite quick and they will use it and think its the best thing since sliced bread for a little while, but then when topics that need to be discussed of a mature or controversial nature appear, there is censorship - then, they rebel against the forum by either not being active any more or attacking the mods.

But there does need to be censorship - we cant have our dirty laundry aired to the public. If you wish to debate or discuss, arrange a local or national forum (in person) and debate and discuss the issues that you feel need to be highlighted. Be pro-active. Anyone (no offence) can start an online forum. Its easier than making cha. But it takes a dedicated Gursikh to go out there in the real wide world and make a difference.

In terms of freedom of speech... well, what do you value more? The sanctity of Gurus Sikhi or your freedom of speech to highlight controversy and air dirty laundry??

no meat topics cuz theres bin enough of them in the past and all u have to do is search the old topics insted of starting a new one

that goes for a lot of the topics that get closed ...they just keep getting repeated

before a person starts a topic, they need to search up if it hasnt already been discussed