Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Body Armour Up For Sale

Tera

Since we only have over two weeks it may not be enough time to set up something proper, the least we can do is get this Gupt singh so pledge that he is going to bid for this item and if a phone or address could be given we can just donate the money to him, I am sure any little bit will help.

I know some may say that this is open to exploitation or fraud but I think we do not have the luxury of time, sometimes you have to go with your heart and trust to Guru, and donating £20 is not going to hurt anyone.

Do ardaas benti and donate the money, I may not ever get to seethis item in person but all I want to know is that it is in the hands of a Singh.

Right khalsa ji, i have jus spoken to soho rd gurdwara in bham, and also contacted sedgley street gurdwara in wolverhampton both in the UK, they will discuss between themselves how to approach the auction and obtain the shastar, trust me when i say both gurdwaras are well funded and have good organising skills. Soho road will contact me direct once they have discussed further.

This way we dont have singhs bidding eachother out n making the price higher lol akaaaaaaal

Well done Jodhaa you done good sewa.

Yes, Soho Road Gurdwara need to be in on this, deffo, they have good funds, also same for Sedgeley Street.

I think once they are on the case we should get things moving.

Bidding could get extremely high on this item. Estimated price is £10,000 - £15,000.

HOWEVER,

Just in April 2007, the marble bust of Maharaja Duleep Singh had an estimated auction price of £30,000 but actually ended up selling for £1.7 million.

cool

tera u scared me! the price for which dalip singhs statue was sold was like 57 X the amount it was expected to be sold at!!!

some singh should really bid!

and if we arent able to get it... hope it goes into the right hands.

Well done to those who have already contacted the Gurdwaras. Lets just make sure we dont outbid each other.

Does anyone know who the current own is of the item, dont out rule the chance that someone has started a rumour of his being maharaj's (to circulate more interest in the item) when it infact may not be. Either way it is a very important piece of dying Sikh Heritage which is in desperate need of being preserved.

As much as I curse the English for raping and looting our Gurus land, sometimes I woder how much of this stuff would even be around if it wasnt in England. So many shastars and artifacts of our Gurus have gone missing (most often stolen).

This is certainly a blow to my heart that such things can be auctioned off and Im sure it us to others, let it encourage us ever more to strive for the preservation of our heritage. When we meet Sants, Jathedars, punjabi politicians, SGPC employees etc we should ask them what efforts they are doing to look after heritage. Do we need new fancy gurdware down the road from another one, or do we need to invest that money in preserving our culture and history?

i think sgpc and DDT and akhand kirtani jatha should be told do donate some

it funny how they rob u and then sell it bak

i dont see the difference in a theif and UK government

insted of a auction...can they not just return it ?

mayb they need to be reminded that they stole in in the first place

TOTALLY AGREE