Punjabi

Guest orange_gal

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank u so much Mkaur and dsingh!=)

there is no prob with the powerpoint either.

maybe off topic but dsingh...i was wondering about how long it took u to make this powerpoint? the thing is some of the words (like khota and bander lol) we are trying not to teach to the kids for obvious reasons rolleyes.gif . we have vocab words which are related to gursikh lifestyle and/or will help children relate to the words and sounds better. i am hasten to ask u to do this but ...do u think u would be able to make a powerpoint like that with the pictures(words) we use?

i would love to learn how u made the pwerpoint though...is it simple or bit complicated? i have learned to do this stuff like three yrs ago but havent put it to use thus ;) if u dont have time, i would appreciate if i could get a lil tutorial on it or just written steps!( i can follow writtn directions thank god! lol)

thank u again! great seva :)

akal sahai

thank u so much Mkaur and dsingh!=)

there is no prob with the powerpoint either.

maybe off topic but dsingh...i was wondering about how long it took u to make this powerpoint? the thing is some of the words (like khota and bander lol) we are trying not to teach to the kids for obvious reasons rolleyes.gif . we have vocab words which are related to gursikh lifestyle and/or will help children relate to the words and sounds better. i am hasten to ask u to do this but ...do u think u would be able to make a powerpoint like that with the pictures(words) we use?

i would love to learn how u made the pwerpoint though...is it simple or bit complicated? i have learned to do this stuff like three yrs ago but havent put it to use thus ;) if u dont have time, i would appreciate if i could get a lil tutorial on it or just written steps!( i can follow writtn directions thank god! lol)

thank u again! great seva :)

akal sahai

I made it so long ago that I can't remember how long it took. But yes panji, if I were to do it again there is a lot I would do different. I'm real busy at the mo but will try and update it to make it more children friendly. I wouldn't worry about bandar and khota though, I just saw them as animals, and I thought children usually learn animals quickly (from some reason) - that is why I chose them. Maybe you can suggest what I should use as examples for the letters next time. If and when I do a next one I will try and use cartoonish images for this time. Kids prefer that.

Dya Singh has a punjabi alphabet song.

you can listen to the song (maybe there's a way to download it) on

http://www.sikhnet.com/Gurbani

select browse by musician

go to dya singh (australia)

The song is called "Punjabi alphabet"

Ooooooooooh I hate tht song sooo much rolleyes.gif

I made it so long ago that I can't remember how long it took. But yes panji, if I were to do it again there is a lot I would do different. I'm real busy at the mo but will try and update it to make it more children friendly. I wouldn't worry about bandar and khota though, I just saw them as animals, and I thought children usually learn animals quickly (from some reason) - that is why I chose them. Maybe you can suggest what I should use as examples for the letters next time. If and when I do a next one I will try and use cartoonish images for this time. Kids prefer that.

wjkk wjkf!

sorry about late reply i dont know how i missed it=(

well its all good jio=) whenever u update it let me know. i like this one too...it is realy good to use.

i dont mind having kids learn those words, but one of my panjis, who teaches with me, doesnt like those words.

anyhow thank u and looking fwd to the cartoonish image whenevr that is possible :)

like i said we have really beautiful pictures scanned which u can look at if u like.

my friend is thinking about making one too.she is good at that stuff so lets see...if she creates one i will post it here so u can have a look and see if any changes needs be made

bhul chuk muaaf karni

akal sahai~

wjkk wjkf!

Dya Singh has a punjabi alphabet song.

you can listen to the song (maybe there's a way to download it) on

http://www.sikhnet.com/Gurbani

select browse by musician

go to dya singh (australia)

The song is called "Punjabi alphabet"

Ooooooooooh I hate tht song sooo much rolleyes.gif

wat?! lolll it was pretty much awesome :)

dya_singh___daughters___punjabi_alphabet.ram

wjkk wjkf!

sorry about late reply i dont know how i missed it=(

well its all good jio=) whenever u update it let me know. i like this one too...it is realy good to use.

i dont mind having kids learn those words, but one of my panjis, who teaches with me, doesnt like those words.

anyhow thank u and looking fwd to the cartoonish image whenevr that is possible :)

like i said we have really beautiful pictures scanned which u can look at if u like.

my friend is thinking about making one too.she is good at that stuff so lets see...if she creates one i will post it here so u can have a look and see if any changes needs be made

bhul chuk muaaf karni

akal sahai~

wjkk wjkf!

Like I said. Let us know what words you think would be better to use. It isn't too hard once you get started but can be a bit monotonous.

I just found this when I was rummaging around for the tutorial. It may help you teach.

Panjabi_Alphabet.pdf

Khakhaa- Khalsa(sikhi)/ khanda (double edge sword)/Kharbooja (melon)/ khargo-sh(rabbit)/khand(sugar)/ kheeer(yummmyy..lol)/ khadoona (toy)/ khaannaa(food) etc etc

khAHA- kharkooo (jokin lol)

hope u get an idea=)

i will have to look at the PP again, cant remember panjis commnts at the point...but will try to get the pictures from her (they scanned on her laptop not mine...so wil have to wait till next week)

thank u again!

akal sahai~