What Is Sikhnet Doing?

Surinderjit

Oh god...

heres the article..

Sat Sri Akal

I am a 21 yr old Jat Sikh Girl from Canada. I have strong faith in Guru Granth Sahib and my soul only asks for anything i want frm Guru ji .Whenever i go to gurdwara or even at home ..kirtan gives me emmence peace. I have never let my faith shaken ..well i believe that Guru Ji has blessed me and with his blessings only i have this strong faith. But since we have hindu family friends ..yesterday we went to hindu relisious function where they were singing Jai Mata Di and other hymns i was really enjoying that as well, like my heart was singing and clapping Jai Mata Di and i closed my eyes and went deep into it, it was really peace giving and not just yesterday but once i went to a Church then also i was really in peace . Whenever i go to hindu religious functions like others i participate in their Aarti and bow my head in front Mata ji's murti or photo, that is not because others are doing too but it just happens unconsciously and yesterday one of my sikh friend made me feel guilty about it. She said that I am not obeying Guru Gobind Singh ji's rules and SIKHISM rules of not doing idol worship, and not Bowing my head for other religions and why i am doing that. I said her that coz i feel like doing it but it doesn't mean that I dont respect Guru Granth Sahib ji or sikhi, I don't know but after she left whenever i was closing my eyes and singing Jai Mata Di i was feeling really confused like my heart wanted to do that as it was giving me peace but my mind was intensionally concentrating on other things so that i don't do it coz i didnt want to go against Sikhism. She said me that IN SIKHI WE SHOULD ONLY BOW OUR HEAD IN FRONT OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI AND MY ENJOYING OTHER HYMNS OTHER THAN KIRTAN. IS THAT TRUE ??? SHOULD I NOT BOW MY HEAD IN FRONT OF GOD'S OF OTHER RELIGIONS WHEN I RESPECT THEM AND LOVE THEM AS A BHAGAT TOO? IF I DOES THAT THEN DOES THAT MEAN THAT I AM NOT A SIKH? I BELIEVE THAT ALL OTHER GODS ARE OTHER NAMES OF GURU NANAK DEV JI AND ALL GODS ARE ONE? IS THAT BELIEF WRONG?? I THINK LIKE WE SAY A FATHER AS DAD, PAPA, PITA JI, ABBU ...SIMILARLY WE CALL OUR GOD AS GRU NANAK DEV JI, RAM JI, JESUS CHRIST, KRISHNA ? IS THAT BELIEF WRONG?? I AM REALLY CONFUSED AND FEELING GUILTLY ABOUT THAT ..PLEASE GUIDE.

Thanks,

Regards,

JUST A SOUL WHO DOESNT WANT TO BE BINDED IN SOCIETAL CHAINS

---

What ever you do out of love and devotion is never wrong. We are entering the Aquarian Age...a time of tolerance and love. Follow your own intuition, not the fear of another. Blessings, JJK

Please share your views. :)

Well that friend did a good job by making her feel guilty. Its a strict no-no for a sikh to bow before an idol, animal, stone, tulsi, image etc. Basically you can't bow before anything but SGGS.

god is a very hard topic to understand, gurbani makes tha clear to us

god is beant, we can tr to describe some attriubtes of him but well NEVER ever get the full picture cuz their is none

well never kno how he works, god is limitless

guru nanak dev je, was sargun roop of akaal, as were vishnu

but hindus started doing poojka of VISHNU, and not of the one akaal which everything comes from, the nirgun

now in kalyug people worship dirt, graves, stupid stuff whichj gets u nowhere spirtually

our aim is to worship the one vahegur,k the creator, we use vaheguru as a mantar to conenctrate our mind in his remeberance

if i bow to a rock, but i am seeing vaheguru in it, because he is in everything, then theres nothing wrong

if im bowing to a ROCK, thinking the rock itself is god, then thas wrong because thas not the reality of god

these are hard things to understand, specially for me, u always leanring more

but i dokno there is ONE akaal, call him raam, call him allah, he is one

there is only one power from which eeverything began, and it will be only one that remains after everything

the pooja of that one force, of tha one being, is wa we shud be doing

live the shabad, don't just listen to it.

if you do veechar and live the kirtan you listen to, you'll see why knocking at any other door other than shabad guru is futile.

the moorti you bow to can't feed itself, can't even clothe itself, but the one that clothes you and feeds you, remember Him.

the virtues of a mother are amazing, but instead of singing to a mata moorti, look at the lving "matas" all around you. look at you own mother or grandmother.

worship the living, not the dead stones. open your eyes and see life through the eyes of guru nanak ji.

here is what you are "listening" to in sri guru granth sahib ji:

Awsw sRI kbIr jIau ky pMcpdy 9 duquky 5

<> siqgur pRswid ]

pwqI qorY mwilnI pwqI pwqI jIau ]

ijsu pwhn kau pwqI qorY so pwhn inrjIau ]1]

BUlI mwlnI hY eyau ]

siqguru jwgqw hY dyau ]1] rhwau ]

bRhmu pwqI ibsnu fwrI PUl sMkrdyau ]

qIin dyv pRqiK qorih krih iks kI syau ]2]

pwKwn giF kY mUriq kIn@I dy kY CwqI pwau ]

jy eyh mUriq swcI hY qau gVHxhwry Kwau ]3]

Bwqu pihiq Aru lwpsI krkrw kwswru ]

Bognhwry BoigAw iesu mUriq ky muK Cwru ]4]

mwilin BUlI jgu Bulwnw hm Bulwny nwih ]

khu kbIr hm rwm rwKy ik®pw kir hir rwie ]5]1]14]

Aasaa, Kabeer Jee, 9 Panch-Padas, 5 Du-Tukas:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

In this, you are mistaken, O gardener.

The True Guru is the Living Lord. ||1||Pause||

Brahma is in the leaves, Vishnu is in the branches, and Shiva is in the flowers.

When you break these three gods, whose service are you performing? ||2||

The sculptor carves the stone and fashions it into an idol, placing his feet upon its chest.

If this stone god was true, it would devour the sculptor for this! ||3||

Rice and beans, candies, cakes and cookies

- the priest enjoys these, while he puts ashes into the mouth of the idol. ||4||

The gardener is mistaken, and the world is mistaken, but I am not mistaken.

Says Kabeer, the Lord preserves me; the Lord, my King, has showered His Blessings upon me. ||5||1||14||

correct me if im wrong but arnt we supposed to worship the one and only god, whos name is truth, who is with out death and who was never born, arnt we supposed to worship the same god that are gurus worshipped, as opposed to worshipping our guru's.