Sikh Girls < Sikh Guys

JSingh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab

female infanticide = killing newly born girls :)

and Guru Gobind Singh clearly said that a Sikh shud not have any association with those who do this :<Edited>:

female infanticide = killing newly born girls :)

and Guru Gobind Singh clearly said that a Sikh shud not have any association with those who do this :<Edited>:

WJKK WJKF,

Hunji i agree with u, more and more families for some damn reasons want 'boys' instead of 'girls' ... :@ @ .... not only in our tradition but in others too.

Another reason can be related to the site ... www.whyichosesikhism.com... :D @ ...

There are many other reasons maybe some of the bhainjis can help me out ... but those r da top reasons i hate !!!!!

bhul chuk maph!

Another reason that just came in my mind has to do with identity. There is a great difference in the appearance of a Sikh man and a Punjabi man, but no difference in Punjabi girl and a Sikh girl in appearance, if she is wearing not wearing a dastar.

I am not saying that girls should or should not wear dastar to stand out just like Sikh guys, but there is something to think about that the rehat is same for both genders.

If a guy stops cutting hair and starts wearing a dastar, is thought to have started walking on the path of Sikhi, but how and when do we know about this kind of change in girls?

About 2 years ago, a Sikh girl was in our university who was used to wear a white dastar, but I never talked to her. I wanted to, but I always acted like I am ignoring her. I feel sooooo bad for my mistake. As I can see, don't Sikh girls feel that Sikh guys ignore them? But that might not be the case, as in my case, i "acted" like i am ignoring her, but from inside i just wanted to talk to her and I was sooo proud of her that she had the courage to wear a dastar in school, unlike other girls. Could this be one of the reasons that there are less Sikh girls cuz they think Sikh guys don't like them and ignore them? But believe me girls, that is not the case at all. Don't u guys think there are certain misconceptions between Sikh guys and Sikh girls to some extent regarding these small things I mentioned above? Could this be one of the reasons why some girls don't like Sikhi or don't want to be Sikhs cuz Sikh guys dont' pay attention to them?

I am not talking about female fanticide that parents kill girls when they are born and thats why there are less

sikh girls, but I am talking about those girls who are alive, around us, who go to shcools and universities. :@ @ :D @ :wub: @ :@ @ i think im gonna go crazy :)

Guest balwinderkaur
Hunji i agree with u, more and more families for some damn reasons want 'boys' instead of 'girls' ...  .... not only in our tradition but in others too.
im going abit off-topic here but just wanted to add in 2 cents worth...doesn't it occur to these families that gender of kids is biologically determined??? AND its the father who determines the gender??? Strange...cuz when a kid is born and its not the gender of their choice, the husband either takes another wife or gives the current wife hell....just read that somewhere...hmph what a weird world.
don't Sikh girls feel that Sikh guys ignore them?

yeah but somehow its understandable why that happens....the cultural taboo of "if someone sees you talking to a munda/kuri, you're cassanova number 1" so yeah eventhough both genders know or feel that their being ignored by fellow veers/bhainjees, it is understandable why its so. hope i make sense here. tongue.gif

I think the female killing before birth is due to the Hindu culture influence on sikhs.As Gurus told us not to do this, a SIKH should not do this at all and should not associate with people who do this.But the dominant hindu (I m using this word as this is their culture) society plays the greater role because an average sikh in punjab is far away from gurbani and cannot understand these things.They can't get this point that "THERE IS NO GENDER BIAS IN SIKHI".Thats why there was the problem of female doin seva at darbar sahib and so many other problems.I think EDUCATION plays a gr8 role.People should be educated abt our BEAUTIFUL , LOGICAl and SCIENTIFIC sikh religion.

Bhul Chuk Maff.

Hunji i agree with u, more and more families for some damn reasons want 'boys' instead of 'girls' ...  .... not only in our tradition but in others too.

im going abit off-topic here but just wanted to add in 2 cents worth...doesn't it occur to these families that gender of kids is biologically determined??? AND its the father who determines the gender??? Strange...cuz when a kid is born and its not the gender of their choice, the husband either takes another wife or gives the current wife hell....just read that somewhere...hmph what a weird world.

don't Sikh girls feel that Sikh guys ignore them?
yeah but somehow its understandable why that happens....the cultural taboo of "if someone sees you talking to a munda/kuri, you're cassanova number 1" so yeah eventhough both genders know or feel that their being ignored by fellow veers/bhainjees, it is understandable why its so. h

ope i make sense here. tongue.gif

WJKK WJKF

Hunji bhainji ... it is true that u can know the gender of your child and ... or want it to be that gender before birth ... (i think dats wat u mean ... :) )

.. if dats wat u mean ... i meant to say for the families who dont have this chance. There are many poor around us ... more of the poor have this old tradition still in them ... :@ @

bhul chuk maph!