Weightlifter, Olympic, Powerlifter, Personal Fitness Instructor

mskcan

mskcan,

Sorry for late reply , my workout consists of bench press , squats , pull ups and bicep & tricep exercises. I train every body part once a week. However I'd want to hasten my results - let me know how to accomplish it.

BTW thanks for the sewa.

Please msg me with details of your program and diet and I will make suggestions.

Regards

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prudent advice and research:

The link between low testosterone production (required to manufacture s****) and exposure to insecticide chemicals is a topic that has recently received attention by the media. A group of British researchers recently concluded that s**** counts of males living near the Thames River are half that measured in men who lived in the same area 70 years ago.

The reduced s**** counts have been linked to the increased use of insecticides and herbicides in farms close by; the runoff ensures that these chemicals get into the water supply.

This link between low testosterone production and exposure to insecticide chemicals has been confirmed in another study completed by researchers at the University of Michigan in the United States. These scientists reported that exposure to insecticide chemicals suppressed testosterone production and fertility.

Damning results showed that over 90% of the men exposed had detectable levels of insecticide in their urine. Therefore, there is real evidence that suggests if you want your testosterone production to be at its peak, stay away from environments that may contain high levels of insecticides.

Source: Reuters Health, January 2006.

Health Debate:

Diabetes is becoming a more prominent problem in people as young as their 20's! Yes that's right, if you are on the wrong track from the teenage years you can be at risk of...

Drum roll please....

METABOLIC SYNDROME X

Are you at risk? What can you do to stop it?

The answer is already here.

An ounce of prevention is = to a lb of cure...

A recent study that involved follow-up diagnosis 6 years later on over 3000 men aged between 20-80 years revealed one very interesting fact. Increased muscular strength was associated with a decreased risk for developing metabolic syndrome and this effect was independent of age and body size. These findings lead the researchers to conclude that increasing strength via resistance exercise training should be considered in primary prevention of metabolic syndrome.

A focus on improving muscle strength via resistance exercise has already been shown to promote better muscle endurance, power, and neuromuscular function in adults. However this activity also contributes to the prevention and management of coronary heart disease, hypertension, diabetes and unwanted weight gain. From the research that’s emerged over the last few years, it is apparent that no other form of exercise provides as many health benefits (both physiological and psychological) as resistance training.

Ref: Med Sci Sports Exerc. 37:1849-1855, 2005.

Glycemic load linked to better behavior of children in school

The foods our kids eat affect their performance and behavior in school, according to a recent Scientific research study.

Glycemic index (GI) is a measurement of a foods’ ability to raise blood glucose levels. However, the GI doesn’t take into account the amount of food consumed, this also affects blood glucose levels and insulin responses.

Glycemic load (GL) is a more recent term developed, it takes into account the serving size of the food and the effect this has on blood glucose levels.

Many parents give their kids a big bowl of processed cereal for breakfast, however most commercial cereals not only have a high GI they provide a high glycemic load on the system and this doesn’t do kids any good in terms of performance in the class room.

In a recent study, the impact of different glycemic load breakfasts on the performance of children in the class room was explored.

Over a four week period, the children (aged 7-8 years old) attended a school breakfast club each morning and ate one of three meals. Each meal offered a similar amount of energy but differed in their glycemic load.

Consumption of a low glycemic load breakfast resulted in better performance in memory tests and the ability to sustain attention. Plus, fewer signs of frustration were displayed and initially more time was spent on the task when working individually in class.

This research underlines the link between nutrition and learning capacity. For children, the correct breakfast will boost intellect and promote better concentration to help them get the most from school. And remember, if your child learns how to learn at school, they’ll do well at anything they choose to do in life.

Ref: Physiol Behav. 717-24, 2007.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in long term health, disease prevention, longevity, fitness, nutrition, optimizing energy levels, helping your family stay disease free, please respond to this thread.

Other posts on this forum continue to show that this community is plagued with health problems. The Surrey community in Canada which is primarily punjabi has the poorest health record in North America.

What are you willing to do about it? No magic bullet drugs are going to solve a lifetime of self-neglect, and abuse via media brain washing, and doctor plumbing.

mskcan brother,

i want not to become more bulkier but just stronger... any tips??

i have been doing from 40-60 press ups a day since a week

and any additional exercises which can make me physically stronger?

mskcan brother,

i want not to become more bulkier but just stronger... any tips??

i have been doing from 40-60 press ups a day since a week

and any additional exercises which can make me physically stronger?

Bulk as in the bodybuilder bulk is not possible unless you are taking illegal substances as bodybuilders do. Naturally you will gain strength rather than growth without proper supplementation or diet.

Having said that, please complete a full body workout. Continious press ups will merely lead to a tight chest and muscle imbalances.

Begin to do squats, shoulder presses, rows, back extensions, curls, amongst other body weight exercises.

but as i said i dont want to begin bodybuilding as i dont want to risk my growth

so any exercises besides squats and press ups that i can do at home without weights which will make me stronger?

but as i said i dont want to begin bodybuilding as i dont want to risk my growth

Is there any scientifically legitimate evidence that you will 'risk... growht'?

Body weight squats are the best thing you can do.

so any exercises besides squats and press ups that i can do at home without weights which will make me stronger?

Without weights you can only really stick to the basics, the important thing is to hit all muscle groups.

ex.

Day 1 - Push ups (flat), Push ups with feet up on chair, Close grip push ups

Day 2 - Squats, Single legged squats, Calf Raises

Day 3 - Abs, Back extensions, curls, and shoulder raises.

as above, regards