Weightlifter, Olympic, Powerlifter, Personal Fitness Instructor

mskcan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

there are about a billion different brands and types of proteins. Which brand of whey protein do you recommend or use?

thanks for your time.

Where do you live?

Hi, This thread is really good. I'm impressed, I'm a powerlifter and boxer, and have been training for the past 5 years at competition level. At the moment i weigh 270lbs and I'm 6'3 (6'5 including my joora haha), for people worried about weightlifting stunting your growth, it isn't true in most cases, I'm 20 and have been lifting since i was 15 and hasn't affected my growth at all. though i have heard there is a link between protein shakes and stunted growth, but i don't know and haven't researched weather this is true or not.

At the moment i am training to compete in the deadlift and clean/<banned word filter activated> lift...my personal best is 220kg deadlift and 170kg clean and <banned word filter activated>.

mskcan's advice is spot on, giving real valuable advice. Thanks for teaching people and promoting good health and the pride of being a powerlifter.

ps mskcan do u train at andy boultons gym? just curious bruv.

Bless

washington state in the USA

I have confirmation that the following:

As your key day time protein: http://www.allthewhey.com/whprco1.html

As your bed time protein: http://www.allthewhey.com/mipris.html

5g of http://www.allthewhey.com/bcaa1000.html before and after workouts

& it is all vegetarian whey, and/or milk protein

Hi, This thread is really good. I'm impressed, I'm a powerlifter and boxer, and have been training for the past 5 years at competition level. At the moment i weigh 270lbs and I'm 6'3 (6'5 including my joora haha), for people worried about weightlifting stunting your growth, it isn't true in most cases, I'm 20 and have been lifting since i was 15 and hasn't affected my growth at all. though i have heard there is a link between protein shakes and stunted growth, but i don't know and haven't researched weather this is true or not.

At the moment i am training to compete in the deadlift and clean/<banned word filter activated> lift...my personal best is 220kg deadlift and 170kg clean and <banned word filter activated>.

mskcan's advice is spot on, giving real valuable advice. Thanks for teaching people and promoting good health and the pride of being a powerlifter.

ps mskcan do u train at andy boultons gym? just curious bruv.

Bless

NIce stuff,

I train in Leeds City centre where I live. I know a few fellas who train at that gym , who lifts in the equipped division here in UK?

Check out Sikh Inspired Forum, would be good to have some extra input there.

Check the link below in my sig