Eshani

future of punjab  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What should be future of Punjab

• Remains as it is (Indian state)
    • given more power as state inside india
    • Complete independence
    • I don't Care.

Punjab will be Independent when India and Pakistan no longer exist. Punjab will be forced to swim when the Indian boat sinks. Its just a matter of time with all of these Independence movements in both countries, not including all of the social, economical, regional and political differences that are causing so much tension between people in both countries. Pakistan will probably go first, leaving India without an Nemesis, a common enemy to rally the country around and this will cause the real issues to come to the forefront and regional tensions to rise.

Just my theory. :p

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Peacemaker, being truly free is about more than just being able to live comfortably. But if that's all a person wants in life then that's fine. People are still being arrested/tortured and the families of those who sacrificed themselves for the panth still have little if any support. When Singhs walked away from their families, their livlihoods and everything they had ever known, they didn't do it on a whim. They did it because there was something worth fighting for. It's hard for people like us to even imagine the kind of love they had so I don't expect anyone to. Also remember that when one Sikh can fight 125 000 it doesn't matter if it seems from numbers that Sikhi is on the decline. The number of real Sikhs in the world is minimal anyway, Guru Saheb even tells us that. We've been able to fight back from much worse than small numbers in the past.

You can even call what I said "monkey crap", Akaal Purakh Di Fauj, and it still wouldn't change how I feel from what I've seen.

Then there's probably not even a reason to reply to your post. But the words monkey crap and Akaal Purakh Di Fauj don't really gel together in the same sentence.

Guest peacemaker
Then there's probably not even a reason to reply to your post. But the words monkey crap and Akaal Purakh Di Fauj don't really gel together in the same sentence.

It's fine what you said above. I am just saying my views and am still learning, but you know I would never insult the name "Akaal Purakh Di Fauj" as that is so beautiful.

I just didn't know what else to call him since no one uses their real name on this forum, including me. A slip up on my part for using it in the same sentence and I'm sorry.

As a matter of fact, I think all of us are slaves in some form on this planet, if you really think about it.

I am not sure of the sentiments of others, but what purpose does geographical boundaries serve to Sikhs in the west?

Unsure if anyone is aware, but there are MASS spiritual movements of all kinds occuring in the west. Admittedly they draw upon spiritual teachings of indian origins, however ancient indian origins.

Perhaps we should begin to contribute to World Peace and a free world?

As stated in the Canadian National Anthem

"God Keep Our Land Glorious and Free" and as such it has been whether knowingly or not the people of Canada pray such a prayer very often.

Is it reasonable in the new global village, the time in which information exchange is occuring at a rapid pace for any group to marginalise itself?

These are important questions one must ask without spite and conformonist thinking.

I voted for more autonomy, as that is what I'd like to see now. Given the intrinsic hard work of Punjabis and the NRI input, the state is being held back by India, from reaching its full potential. Besides our cultural identity is being eroded by the saffronisation from the Hindu state, including altering primary school history books, sanskritising the Punjabi language, promoting 'dera baba' culture

I believe that Khalistan will one day become a reality, but I do not know when or where the initial focus will be ie within Punjab or outside.