Two Sikhs Freed, Kidnappers To Be Hanged Tomorrow

2desi

HANGU: The local Taliban, religious scholars and tribal elders Saturday secured the release of two Sikh community members, who were kidnapped from Dowaba area in Hangu district.

The joint jirga members took the kidnapped victims, identified as Attar Singh and Sehra Singh, to their homes safely after winning their release from the captors.

Sources said Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Ulema Council has taken nine kidnappers in their custody.

Later, a jirga of religious scholars and local Taliban was held at Khadezai area of the agency. The jirga decided to publicly hang the nine kidnappers on Monday (tomorrow) to discourage crimes in the area.

Meanwhile, talking to The News correspondent, TTP spokesman Maulvi Omar said the two Sikhs kidnapped from Dowaba area of Hangu were shifted to Baghu area in tehsil Baghu in the Orakzai Agency wherefrom local Taliban in an operation on Saturday released them. Omar said one of the kidnappers was killed during the operation while their leader, Ghani, was nabbed. He said the kidnappers would be punished in accordance with the Islamic injunctions and operation against the anti-social elements would continue in the Orakzai Agency.

WAHEGURU

One thing i notice is that most of Sikhs in Islamic Republics or even Islamic States in India like KAshmir are much more into sikhi than in Hindu/Christian/Western majority countries..

True, I know Sikhs from Kashmir, Pakistan, Fiji and Hong Kong who are really devout. Not sure if this is the same for the majority of Sikhs living in those countries (areas) but its still pretty surprising, generally one would think that Sikhs in Punjab would be the ones who are really into Sikhi but this is not the case anymore.

The Taliban thing was really surprising, just shows we can paint everyone with the same brush.

wow, i thoougt this topic would get loadz of replies??????

Is it just me who thinks that the taliban saving two sikhs is a weird and perhaps intriguing topic in which discussion could be involved???

only me then, lol!!

You know I remember reading that Sikhs in Kabul had it pretty easy under the Taleban. It was the foreign Al Qaeda's that made their life difficult. Apparently Afghan Sikhs supplied all the burkay for the women over there. That guy Mullah Omar protected them.

http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/afghan/sikh.html

WAHEGURU

One thing i notice is that most of Sikhs in Islamic Republics or even Islamic States in India like KAshmir are much more into sikhi than in Hindu/Christian/Western majority countries..

True, I know Sikhs from Kashmir, Pakistan, Fiji and Hong Kong who are really devout. Not sure if this is the same for the majority of Sikhs living in those countries (areas) but its still pretty surprising, generally one would think that Sikhs in Punjab would be the ones who are really into Sikhi but this is not the case anymore.

The Taliban thing was really surprising, just shows we can paint everyone with the same brush.

is there a sikhometer? by which we can measure how devout someone is?

there are more sikhs in some places so we hear more about them and see there problems etc,

but about being devout there a mahapurash and saints all over the world, and devout gursikhs all over, its regardless of geographical location, havng said that its good that you know devout sikhs out there............... :)

sikhs living in states other than punjab are also more devotional.

See Assam, Chattisgarh, maharashtra etc.

Only Punjab sikhs are not so devotional

1)Good sikhs are already killed by military.

2)Only punjabis left.

3)The pain of losing war to india has broken hearts of sikhs.

The only thing is if we make them proud of sikhi the things will eventually change again.

God has mercy he will find a way.