Hyde Park Rememberance March For 1984

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...in simple terms....Whats happening on the 8th June? Is there going to be a march or a rally or what???

Sikhs are meeting in Hyde Park on Sunday 8th June.

This will be followed by a REMEMBRANCE MARCH.

There is however no Freedom Rally in Trafalgar Square.

Please contact the two FSO coordinators who have made the arrangements with your questions,complaints etc.

The Sikh Federation (UK) is equally disappointed with the arrangements for this year, but you need to ask ALL the FSO members what they have done or not done to organise a Freedom Rally. Our conscious is clear!

The Sikh Federation (UK) suggested Parliament Square as an alternative, but there were logistical problems we discussed with the police(e.g. no sound, police do not end marches there etc.).

So last Friday the FSO decided on Whitehall Place as the finish point. The Sikh Federation (UK) checked with the Metropolitan Police if a rally was possible in Whitehall Place - the answer is yes, but the FSO did not go with this option.

when and where did the sikh federation tell the youth to attend the 12th april programme?

The arrangements were made through the organisers of the 12 April event.

Sikh Federation WE WANT THE EVENT HELD IN ANOTHER LOCATION THE FREEDOM RALLY THE SIKH YOUTH OF THE UK WANT THIS NOT JUST ME BUT ALL THE YOUTH - WHO AGREES WITH ME THAT THE FREEDOM RALLY SHOULD BE HELD ELSEWHERE IF NOT TRAFALGAR, WHY ARE FSO AND SF (UK) REFUSING TO HOLD IT ELSEWHERE,

WHY CAN;T WE DO THE MARCH YEAH? THEN COME BACK TO HYDE PARK FOR A RALLY INI?

I noticed Sikh Federation played games this year ,they didn't tell sangat they was not going to 'take the lead' until last week ,then they said they have no part in stuff it's down to FSO thing,then they go release a flyer

FSO members knew months ago that the Sikh Federation (UK) were not taking the lead this year. Instead the FSO itself decided to make all arrangements. The Sikh Federation (UK) agreed to take on any sewa given to it.

We were requested by the FSO at the end of last week to update the poster for last year so they could get it printed. We did this and sent it to them this morning.

The Whitehall Place finish point was agreed by the FSO last Thursday.

The Metropolitan Police itself contacted the Sikh Federation (UK) last week as they were frustrated with the FSO not finalising matters. Special permission is required to enter Whitehall and we filled the form in for the FSO at the weekend so they could sign it and fax it to the Metropolitan Police.

Judge for yourself if the FSO have done all the right things and in sufficient time. Don't blame the Sikh Federation (UK) as we have done everything asked of us.

Ask what the other 5 that make up the FSO what they have done so far, were they in favour of Trafalgar Square, what did they do to make the Freedom Rally happen . . .

Sikh Federation WE WANT THE EVENT HELD IN ANOTHER LOCATION THE FREEDOM RALLY THE SIKH YOUTH OF THE UK WANT THIS NOT JUST ME BUT ALL THE YOUTH - WHO AGREES WITH ME THAT THE FREEDOM RALLY SHOULD BE HELD ELSEWHERE IF NOT TRAFALGAR, WHY ARE FSO AND SF (UK) REFUSING TO HOLD IT ELSEWHERE,

WHY CAN;T WE DO THE MARCH YEAH? THEN COME BACK TO HYDE PARK FOR A RALLY INI?

You have the telephone numbers for both FSO coordinators - suggest you ring and ask them to put on a rally.

It is the FSO that is making decisions NOT the Sikh Federation (UK) - we are only 1/6th of the FSO.

You may wish to contact the other 5/6ths including the Dal Khalsa, who you appear to represent to exert pressure.

If we had it our way there would have been a Freedom Rally in Trafalgar Square that would have been booked last year to make sure we got the venue.

I don't think its fair that the Sikh Federation is blamed for all of this or Jagtar Singh Khalsa Bhaji is bombarded with complaints on this forum...Mistakes have been made and the other members of FSO need to realise this...Dal Khalsa, Council Of Khalistan, Akali Dal (A & B) and the other organisations need to be asked what went wrong....Not so we can blame someone but so we can learn from our mistakes and ensure the 25th anniversary next year goes to plan...

I don't think its fair that the Sikh Federation is blamed for all of this or Jagtar Singh Khalsa Bhaji is bombarded with complaints on this forum...Mistakes have been made and the other members of FSO need to realise this...Dal Khalsa, Council Of Khalistan, Akali Dal (A & B) and the other organisations need to be asked what went wrong....Not so we can blame someone but so we can learn from our mistakes and ensure the 25th anniversary next year goes to plan...

i completely agree with Azaad on this...

Also, if another venue can be arranged, then that will be awesome, but as its been left quite late this may not happen..we may only be left with the march.

a note for future events...maybe the other 5/6th of FSO are not appropriate for organising such a huge events that require meticulous organisation and their seva should be utilised for other activities.

Dal Khalsa has done everything in its power as far as I know , the sound,Hyde Park,Banners,Truck in Hyde Park was all paid for by Dal Khalsa last year lke now

But that is not the issue:

The issue is Sikh Federation told the sangat only last week about not 'taking the lead' as 'certain' groups opposed them, so I ask of SF UK name the groups and people who objected to you taking the lead - why not name them - and don't give the Panthic unity thing just say it straight who caused the problems when and how.

Why wasn;t Trafalgour Booked last year?

Why did the SF UK all of a sudden release a flyer?When they backed out at 1st saying people did not want them to take the lead.

Why is that stupid Akali Dal Badal gang allowed in this whole thing?!?!? I thought only Panthic groups were not Panthic Enemys who have ruined Panjab and have sided with Anti Sikh forces

Why did SF UK stay silent on the issue until last week ?

Why wasn;t sangat told of the 'friction' between people?

Leads me to think - that the BBC and Andrew Gilligan have succeded in messing things up, is it true SF UK did not want to take the lead this year due to the BBC report in which Sikhs were shown as terrorists,and Andrew Gilligans report naming a SF UK guy as a Terror group leader?Is that the reason for backing out seems plausible without any explanation from SF UK as we all know the BBC;s eyes would have been on the rally this year and if something so called 'extremist'

was said SF UK would probably be named.

Why did things get messed this year?

When in previous years things have worked out couldn;t we stick to the same routine ie people.groups and so on?

Who booked the square last year, why did they no rebook at the same time,

Give me the numbers of these co ordinator guys, AND CAN THEY SPEAK ENGLISH????? Thats another question

Total disaster

WHY NOT JUST ORGANISE THE EVENT IN JULY OR AUGIST, ITS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

THE GOI AND BADAL HAS WON, ITS THEIR DREAM COME TRUE THAT THIS EVENT IS NOT GOING AHEAD. ITS ASHAME!!

Good idea Teri Sharan why not? At least we could try get another venue,Anti Sikh Forces have won as a result ,and the FSO really need to chuck out the Badal group