Hyde Park Rememberance March For 1984

Gurfateh Ji

I can't seem to find any information about this year's rally. Can anyone in the know please share the date on which this happening this year?

Thank you very much

8 JUNE

we are STILLL waiting for the Federation of Sikh Oraganisations(means all sikh jathe under 1 thing) to make an announcement, cmon hurry up what you lot doing,

They probabaly arguing over banners agian,whos goes in front
yeh thats all these fso and other groups are good at, arguing between each other, they dnt really giv a crap about the parchaar but more about whose banner goes infront and whose pic gets taken the most, lol. oh well. . .nufin new. just gota liv with it.
June 8 no word on timings from any one yet Sikh Federation usually release a flyer at this time , Sikh Federation any word on timings? Flyers? and so on
A quick message to the FSO I don't know who to contact about this maybe Sikh Federation? Anyways we reallllllllllllllly reaaaalllllyyy need to get a move on with flyers and info on the Khalistan rally we want as many people to come ,we want numbers to increase not to drop we have less than a month left to inform people of the rally

Please please get a move on

Thanks

SARPANCH

Dhaas will attempt to provide some information regarding this matter within the next 24-hours...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned above, the Remembrance March will take place on Sunday 8th June 2008. This information was put on the Sikh Federation (UK) 2008 calendar, released in December 2007.

The Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) comprises of around 6/7 groups, each with an equal say, and where each are represented by two people at its meetings. These are believed to be:

1) Council of Khalistan - Amrik Singh Sahota

2) Dal Khalsa - Manmohan Singh

3) Prime Minister in Exile - Gurmej Singh Gill

4) AKJ - Balbir Singh

5) SAD (A) - Master Avtar Singh

6) SAD (B) - Gurdev Singh Chohan

7) Sikh Federation (UK)

The FSO appoints two co-ordinators , if Sikhs are not happy or want to voice their concerns/suggestions, the co-ordinators can be contacted. Currently, the co-ordinators are believed to be Bhai Kuldip Singh Chaheru and Bhai Joga Singh.

In regards to the questions raised for the Sikh Federation (UK), the following is a brief of the current state of affairs.

The Sikh Federation (UK) has only 1/7th of the say in the FSO (as can be seen in the list above). The idea is for the event to be 'equally' co-ordinated by all these groups, but it has been evident for around the last four years, that only one of these groups, the Sikh Federation (UK), has almost independently took it upon itself to manage the above event, as well as the introduction of the successful Freedom Lobby in Trafalgar Square. This has been done with little or no financial/volunteer help from the other Sikh organisations making up the FSO. Gurdwaras have provided transport for the local Sangat, but other than one or two, there has been no financial assistance towards the £10,000-£12,000 required for the day. The Sikh Federation (UK) has been responsible for getting more of the Sikh youth involved in the planning of the event over the last few years. The youth have played a major role working with the Sikh Federation (UK) to professionally co-ordinate the Remembrance March and Trafalgar Square Freedom Lobby.

To upkeep Panthic unity, the Sikh Federation (UK) is not taking the lead in organising the event this year, as some organisations have objected to this, as well as the Trafalgar Square Freedom Lobby.

However, the Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) is this year taking all responsibility for bookings, advertising, posters, postcards,…etc.

The Sikh Federation (UK) are unhappy with the lack of organisation and disappointed like many others that there has been no advertising, posters, postcards,…etc to date. Next year 2009 marks the 25th anniversary. The Sikh Federation (UK) will be monitoring the event and it is up to the Sangat/Sikh Youth to decide what part or action it will take next year. If the Remembrance March is poorly organised this year, the Sikh Federation (UK) will not wish to see a repeat for the 25th anniversary and looks upon the Sangat, including the youth that it has successfully introduced over the last four years to take the lead working with the Sikh Federation (UK).

Nevertheless, the Sikh Federation (UK) is urging Sikhs around the country and through its contacts in each town/city, particularly the youth, to be properly organised for the Remembrance March this year. Local Sangat, young and old, male and female, are all encouraged to attend the event and take part. Sikhs are urged to bring along banners and placards, to make use of other new innovative ideas to emphasise the campaign, and create the best possible impact on route.

The lead for the Remembrance March is with the FSO, the Sikh Federation (UK) being part of the FSO, will take forward any responsibility it is given to upkeep Panthic unity...

my reply to the organisations involved... is that sangat come to remember the shaheeds, these organisations come to be infiltrated and to take pics and then advertise that they did everything and are the ''khalistanis'' around, alot of ppl do things gupt and dont take credit for things, these organisations do less and try and take credit for EVERYTHING.

and i dont do nufin so have no say, but am expressing my views. lol

why wasnt this info made available earlier nirvair khalsa?

giv us the names and numbers of the other orgs that arent pulling its weight and lets see if we can get some answers from them. does anyone have this info?

anyway i have tried to get as many people interesteed in attending as i can. everyone plz tell ur frineds relatives anyone u know t attend.

why wasnt this info made available earlier nirvair khalsa?

giv us the names and numbers of the other orgs that arent pulling its weight and lets see if we can get some answers from them. does anyone have this info?

anyway i have tried to get as many people interesteed in attending as i can. everyone plz tell ur frineds relatives anyone u know t attend.

information is now available, lets look forwards and not backwards, we aint got time to argue with ppl ............. lots to be done

is there any poster which i can put up at the local gurdwaras? or shud we make our own............

last year was my first time, defo going this year!!!

Info just in Dal Khalsa UK will release flyers and posters in the comming days watch this space ,& yes name the groups who are not pulling their weight

The Federation of Sikh Organisations (FSO) comprises of around 6/7 groups, each with an equal say, and where each are represented by two people at its meetings. These are believed to be:

1) Council of Khalistan - Amrik Singh Sahota

2) Dal Khalsa - Manmohan Singh

3) Prime Minister in Exile - Gurmej Singh Gill

4) AKJ - Balbir Singh

5) SAD (A) - Master Avtar Singh

6) SAD (B) - Gurdev Singh Chohan

7) Sikh Federation (UK)

NUMBER 6 Is that Shiromani Akali Dal Badal ?, If So I would like a message to go to Mr Chohan whoever he is that he is NOT WELCOME SAD we all know how ANTI PANTHIC Badal lot are and they try come to our rallys here when in panjab they Anti Sikh Anti Khalistan ,

information is now available, lets look forwards and not backwards, we aint got time to argue with ppl ............. lots to be done

Yep! This constant moaning and groaning only saps our strength and weakens our resolve. And if left to go unchecked, we will keep seeing a drop in our own morale and general outlook. Look forwards and not backwards!!!